Alfresco ECM Review
May 27, 2014
Alfresco ECM Review
Score 9 out of 10
Alfresco Enterprise Edition
- Document Managment
- Web Content Managment
- Record Managment
- Alfresco Share
Overall Satisfaction with Alfresco
Alfresco is Open Source Enterprise Content Management System. This product was used by my organization to sell CMS based product to other clients/customers of different domains. Alfresco was used by whole organization. This enterprise CMS does not provide backup capabilities and it is lacking several support resources including FAQs and live chat.
- One of the standout features available on this enterprise digital document management system is the workflow and collaboration options it includes. This solution lets you easily share files with certain members of your team. You can also route documents to certain individuals for approval or review.
- Alfresco also offers social tools. You can view an activity feed and see what is happening with content. You can also “like” and “follow” certain creators or content. Additionally, Alfresco offers the ability to publish your content directly to certain websites and social media networks.
- Alfresco provides all of the necessary features for finding, editing and storing documents. You can open existing documents and edit them. Version control options are available, allowing you to access and view the most recent and previous versions of a document. There are also document imaging capabilities and the option to store your files and documents on the Alfresco cloud.
- Additionally, this enterprise content management software is accessible on mobile devices. You can view content on these devices and even make changes. This is a valuable tool that makes working on the go much easier and more enjoyable.
- This enterprise CMS does not provide backup capabilities and it is lacking several support resources including FAQs and live chat.
- Alfresco Share platform is good but to create pages , using dashlets is a tedious task in Surf platform. Some automation similar to Liferay Studio is required.
- Alfresco Backup/Restore strategies needs improvement.
- Alfresco Customization/Extension process needs improvement.
- Popular and open source Enterprise content Management system.
- It can fit easily on any variety of client/customer for small/large buissness
- Provides many out of box features.
- Community version is free/open to use so small business owners can use all features without investing.
It is enterprise content management with following capabilities:
-Document Management: You can manage millions of document easily and it provide wide rage of meta data framework.
-Web Content Management: It is like SVN model. Sand Box concept is very popular. It provides a very good WEB SCRIPT feature which makes easy integration with other applications.
-Record Management: It provides US government style record management out of box which is very useful for government type of client.-Alfresco Share: It provides dashlets, pages and a small web application implementation feature that makes it easy to create sites for small/large domain clients.