Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
Currently, we are using Anaplan for the following process: 1. Expenses Calculation - using Anaplan to forecast the salary of the FTE\contractors and expenses such as Capex\Opex for the next 2years for the 3 countries (UK, Ireland, and Canada) 2. Profit and Loss from selling an insurance product - using Anaplan to set up the target for the Canada Market and forecast the P&L for the next 2 years based on the historical performance of the products.
- Customer support is excellent. All clarifications related to products are mostly answered within 10 hours.
- Continuous product improvement, such as adding new features. In the last 5 years, I have seen more than 50+ new features be released. For example, the new UX.
- Cloud-based planning tool, which provides users the flexibility to access Anaplan from anywhere in the world.
- User security, which controls user access with read-and-write capabilities.
- Currently, Anaplan has 5-4-4, 4-4-5, or 4-5-4 weekly calendar setting options. It would be good to have more options.
- I feel the new UX is comparatively slower than the classical dashboard.
- As a cloud-based platform the developers, as well as the users, can easily access it from anywhere in the world.
- Connecting multiple business processes helps to see what's happening in other areas and make decisions faster.
- The access setting restricts access of users from what they can see\edit.
- Planning time reduced. The what-if scenario plan adds more value to the business and helps planners come up with the best forecast.
- Report consolidation time reduced to zero in days. This makes the end-user's life simpler.
- User access and control is excellent.
- Connecting people and data, which helps planners make their decisions faster.
I used to plan everything in Excel. The problems I faced were data consolidation, slowness, multiple sheets, and access. With the help of Anaplan, many users can access it with no consolidation time and the performance is good.
Do you think Anaplan delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Anaplan's feature set?
Did Anaplan live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Anaplan go as expected?
Would you buy Anaplan again?
[The following are specific scenarios where Anaplan is well suited] 1) Forecasting demand based on historical data. 2) What-if scenario planning: compared to other tools Anaplan takes less time to set up scenario planning.