User Review: "Aptean - GoMembers"https://www.trustradius.com/association-managementGoMembers AMSUnspecified821012013-12-04T21:02:42.615Z
Overall Satisfaction with GoMembers AMS
- Membership management.
- Meeting management and registration.
- Accounts receivable.
- The GoMembers system can be user friendly for some functions, but order entry is both in look and functionality from the 1980's. It's horrible to navigate, add orders and process returns. I would recommend improving that portion of the system.
- Address administration. We have had several issues with addresses not being removed from records when we've tried to process them. We also have experienced an address displaying on a record when there is no connection between that record and the address owner.
- Membership renewals. Since day 1 of going live with the system, membership renewals have not generated correctly. Most often some members are not "pulled" for renewal and should be. We had to create a custom report to double check what the system generates for renewals. Doing so defeats one of the purposes of upgrading our system. Our goal was to streamline these activities and having to compare lists defeats that purpose.
- Upgrading to the GoMembers system has led us to initiate and complete a company wide overhaul. We have streamlined many administrative functions, reduced time spent manually tracking certain information. Although we are less than one year of being live with the system, countless hours of staff time has been saved due to system driven changes and improvements.
I was recently published by Aptean as a GoMembers case study. That case study was also published in the ASAE newsletter that thousands of Associations across the country receive. The case study was provided to ASAE by our Association President. That publication generated a few dozen phone calls in which colleagues from various associations wanted my opinion of the product. I gave a honest response each and every time, which included the good and bad (mostly good). I also mentioned to each of them how the team of Aptean staff we had during our setup and go live phase were great to work with.
Using GoMembers AMS
As with any company, we are always looking and interested in technology that can make our operations run smooth. I don't believe we'll be changing providers anytime soon, however if our needs grow and Aptean/GoMembers isn't capable of that functionality we will be required to look elsewhere.