November 26, 2013
Score 8 out of 10
- Aptean's customer service is excellent. The process of submitting a ticket is easy - and 90 percent of the time, resolution by their technical staff is swift, thorough and friendly.
- Aptean has a wealth of knowledge at its disposal and should be extremely proud of its people. Their staff - everyone from our project manager, other management and customer service/support - has been knowledgeable, responsive, and friendly.
- Aptean's corporate trainers are second to none. Smart, efficient and thorough. They provided a wealth of support and knowledge both prior to and following the implementation of our new CRM.
- The new customer service portal seems to be missing a lot of the product documentation/training manuals. In order to access them, I had to submit a ticket and receive a file via FTP.
- The process by which to get a quote or proposal has been sometimes challenging and lengthy. It's certainly been a point of frustration from time to time.
- The GoMembers (Association Management System) product has changed the way we do business, but some of the functionality seems to be incomplete or missing. Basic functionality of certain processes within the system are cumbersome or just don't make much sense to our technical team, or the end user.
Read Jessica McMathis's full review
The product was purchased four years before implementation. After having been stalled for more than a year, we were tapped to get the software setup and implemented on a tight six-month deadline. And because we hadn't been involved in the selection process and primary setup, we basically had to start from scratch. I can't say what questions were asked, since I wasn't a part of the selection process, but if you are - and beyond anything else - know upfront what your overall business objective goals and end results are before selecting a product. If the product doesn't meet your needs - with or without modification - keep moving. Research, research, research.