Overall Satisfaction with arcplan
arcplan is used by three of my clients to measure metrics and BI. I directly support these clients.
- Excellent dashboard.
- Well advanced BI metrics.
- Better interfacing to other DW.
- Pricing. Quite on the high side.
- Not many partners. Had a user in the Philippines and had to support them from here.
- Training materials are outdated.
Personally, I prefer QlikView not because it's more stable but simply just for the looks of the dashboard. One of my clients in Sydney recently moved from arcplan to QlikView. The reason was mainly looks and that QlikView has more training materials for the support users to train with. So in all, it does not really stack well against QlikView.
arcplan is very well suited for reporting metrics and measuring BI. It is good for guys in pharmaceuticals/warehousing and small banks. I would not recommend this for FMCG or retail industries. SMEs will benefit from this product because of its versatility and lots of interfacing to other database tools.