My experience with Articulate Studiohttps://www.trustradius.com/corporate-learning-managementArticulate StudioUnspecified7.9271012017-11-08T16:59:19.950Z
November 08, 2017
My experience with Articulate Studio
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Articulate Studio
Articulate Studio is being used to generate Rapid Learning content to support corporate education projects. It has been used by our development team, which include instructional designers. It is a great tool / method considering cases when development time is short, budget is low and/or content must be constantly updated. It does not demand programming or technical competencies, since most of the work is based on PowerPoint.
- Easy to use. Articulate Studio is based on PowerPoint so no advanced technical competencies are required. It is a great tool for rapid learning content development.
- Packaging and exporting. It does a quite good job while exporting the content in several different formats. So, if you need to publish it on LMS platforms compatibles to e-Learning standards (such as SCORM), Articulate Studio will do it for you.
- Media and quizzes. It is easy to embedd media resources (such as video and audio) to provide a more engaging learning content. The testing feature is also interesting and provide simple but nice functionalities.
- Interaction level is basic. Studio does not provide features to develop a high-interactive content. That's why Articulate released another tool called Storyline, which is much more sophisticated.
- Pricing is high. I think Studio is overpriced considering other tools available (including Storyline). Articulate did not release new updates of Studio in the last few years.
- Lack of evolution. There was not a new release or update of Studio in the last few years (since 2013). It seems that Articulate is not investing on this product anymore.
- I only see positive impact since it is a very easy to use tool for rapid learning. The only point is to know what is possible to develop using this tool to avoid any kind of frustration afterwards.
- Another positive impact is that we don't need a diversified development team. There is no need of technical professionals, and a creative instructional designer is enough to develop effective learning content using Studio.
- The third positive impact is that Studio makes possible to realize short-term projects, mainly when there's already a PowerPoint presentation.
The main advantage of Articulate Studio, when compared to other tools (such as Lectora and Storyline), is the simplicity of use. There is no need of programming or advanced technical knowledge. Other tools are more flexible and advanced in terms of features but they also demand professionals with specific competencies, so the development process may become more complex and longer.
Use it when your development time is short, your budget is low or when you know that the learning content will have to be updated soon or very often. I don't think it is the appropriate tool if you plan do deliver a high-interactive content, but it is possible to test it using the trial version of the product and then understand if Studio is the tool you need.