Overall Satisfaction with ASP.NET
We use ASP.NET to drive most of our services. It provides the back end for our web-based software service, powers our client API gateways, and offers isolated portals for our clients' customer, employees, and business partners to interact with them.
It allows us to build our business logic on a thin, configurable framework and implement different architectures within that to suit the specific need of the project.
- Quick to set up and configure
- Easy to configure in code
- Expandable and customizable
- Fragmented version history makes it hard to know where to start
- Allowed us to quickly spike prototypes for new projects
- Deploy to AWS linux docker clusters quickly
Do you think ASP.NET delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ASP.NET's feature set?
Did ASP.NET live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ASP.NET go as expected?
Would you buy ASP.NET again?
I would recommend ASP.NET for any web-based application that requires business logic or database functionality. I would also recommend it for API services or internal services.
I would not recommend it for front-end-heavy applications or websites that are primarily static pages.