Node.js Reviews

May 18, 2021
Tanay Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
Node.js is used by me and my department for making backend of many web projects. We use it ideally for making backend of projects in which we have to serve data dynamically to webpages. We also use it mostly for designing backend API and for making web applications with backend and frontend in the same directory.
  • C and C++ plugins are good for heavy calculations.
  • Easy to use and maintain with a little knowledge of Javascript.
  • A wide range of json support.
  • It provide robust technology to work.
  • It reduce performance while dealing with heavy computational task.
  • Node.js invites a lot of change in code, due to an unstable api.
  • Lack of library support.
Node.js is well suited when we have to serve data to display on a webpage, which will be loaded once the page is load and doesn't make too many requests, or for a small application with fewer visits as for big projects we couldn't rely on a single environment or language.
Node.js is easy and good to use, their support team is also good they always tend to help you, and solve your problem,
even we know that Node is free to use and opensource but then also we get support from them but for getting much better results we need to purchase standard or enterprises support provided by them.
Read Tanay Arora's full review
May 27, 2021
Node.js is my absolute favorite tech stack to work with, I learnt it at a time when I was burnt out and bored with .NET after having been in the Microsoft world for most of my career. Even with .NET Core around, I still prefer Node.js to anything else. Node is robust and fast, it delivers on everything it promises, it is the back bone of many services at my organization and used across all departments. When you get something like Node.js for free and it is such a pleasure to work with, all you can say is that it's contribution to the organization is priceless.
  • Robust
  • Fast
  • Modern
  • Easy to learn
  • Allows using JS or TypeScript everywhere
  • Supported and maintained actively by the open source community
  • Pleasurable to work with
  • Reliable
  • Simple to learn
  • Simple to setup
  • Package management can sometimes be a pain
  • Keeping up with upgrading packages to address vulnerabilities
If you need a fast, robust and reliable server side framework that allows you to write JS on the backend and therefore have your project in one language - Node.js is a stand out choice. It can easily handle heavy traffic on very little resources (CPU and memory usage is very efficient). I can't recommend it enough, it is such a pleasure to work with - I feel it gave me back my career. I was so bored with the banality of .NET, I had also come to dislike it's overly convoluted and complicated class structure. Node.js was the fresh start I needed, it can be as simple or as complicated as you like - but even at it's most complicated it can still beat the pants off .NET core any day.
September 11, 2020
Jedrzej Marciniak | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our organization Node is used for backend application development. We have several applications that manage communication between end users and Facebook Messenger. We use weebhooks and express.js package to manage this. As alternative we could use Python but Node was better choice for us. Mainly because of its simplicity and many additional packages with ready to use addons. Moreover we have few JS dev on board so it was easier to develop apps.
  • It can handle many connections at a time.
  • JavaScript is easy to learn for every developer.
  • There are so many npm packages that help develop complex applications.
  • There are no cons in the approach we use.
The ability to process multiple concurrent requests by Node.js is desired for Internet of Things projects that may have thousends or even more devices connecting at the same time.
Read Jedrzej Marciniak's full review
February 12, 2019
Adam Stern | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Node to implement a microservices architecture that runs every aspect of the product. From a user-facing API, to back-end processing services, to our serverless triggers.
  • Light-weight, fast implementations of tasks in a microservices framework.
  • Ample modules are available for extended functionality.
  • Open-source with large amounts of community support.
  • Very scalable for ever-increasing environments.
  • Performance bottlenecks need to be profiled and ameliorated.
  • The Asynchronous Programming Model has a learning curve which isn't always intuitive to entry-level coders.
  • Much more suited to the cloud, as opposed to bare-metal installations.
Node is very good at microservices. "Do one thing and do it well." It is easily Dockerized and scalable. For many products, Node can be used as a front-end API, as well as a back-end processor.
For extremely CPU-intensive tasks, like advanced machine learning, I'd recommend not to use Node.
Read Adam Stern's full review

What is Node.js?

Node.js is an open source, asynchronous event-driven JavaScript runtime, Node.js is designed to build scalable network applications.