Overall Satisfaction with Barracuda Security Awareness Training (formerly Barracuda Phishline)
Recently, Barracuda has implemented further training scenarios including questions that have helped to ensure better-standardized training. Our requirements for CMMC and PCI training are much better today using the Barracuda Security Awareness Training. Most employees are not technologically savvy and require extensive and consistent training to ensure safer technology operations for their daily work. This has also helped our organization to stay ahead of the curve, requiring less one-on-one training and building a consistent diet of training using the tools Barracuda provides. In the last 3 years due to multiple economic and health-related issues for the public, manpower and in-person training have been lacking. Thanks to BSAT we have bridged that gap by providing consistent training to spot phishing, ransomware, and multiple other threats. Continuing to help our staff both in the office and remote became very time-intensive due to varying schedules. Now users can work in the training during their workweek, and within their own schedules ensuring both personal and organizational protection.
- Easy to use interface for Administrators to build training campaigns and deliver them within scheduled timetables.
- Ease of use in connecting to organizational Active Directory for address book builds and refresh.
- Everyday users understand the training provided, and the short time for delivery (typically less than 5 minutes) for completion helps users to fit it into tight schedules.
- Providing animated templates for custom campaigns would be helpful, potentially a "builder site" where templates could be put together with custom questions/answers.
- Reporting through functional could use some work. We typically create phishing tests to help our users learn how to spot concerns, and the reports do not provide who actually "reported" the phish as opposed to who did not. This has been a year-long request to Barracuda, and the same issue is present in our campaigns as well.
- We would love to see an annual release of new training topics and campaign ideas.
- Cost of overall product
- Consistency of campaign material
- Staff understanding of material
- Positive: we have seen better results of employee awareness of security threats since we began using BSAT, and we could never put a price on preserving our infrastructure or data.
- Positive: the easily digestible campaigns offered have been met with a much higher participation rate than previous offerings used. This means more people are paying attention and learning to be more secure.
- Negative: we have not been able to easily identify gamified users or those who just click-click-click. We truly need to have campaigns that require a minimum security score, or more training is required including being automatically assigned.
Barracuda is much more price-conscious and offers a total package of security products along with their training. I believe SANS training is much deeper and offers a more diverse training program, as well as ramifications for those gamified users or those not passing initial training.
Do you think Barracuda Security Awareness Training delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Barracuda Security Awareness Training's feature set?
Did Barracuda Security Awareness Training live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Barracuda Security Awareness Training go as expected?
Would you buy Barracuda Security Awareness Training again?
I feel fortunate to answer this question with more than 30 years in technology and security. I've experienced multiple great training platforms, and Barracuda is well-positioned for small to medium business environments. As a business and technology consultant, many small-to-medium businesses struggle with the costs of security software/hardware and have little left for training which is essential today. Barracuda meets this head-on by supplying a comprehensive solution with training ideal for these StM businesses. I'm not certain Barracuda is meant for either Governmental (Federal and/or State) or Health environments.
Barracuda Security Awareness Training Feature Ratings
Using Barracuda Security Awareness Training (formerly Barracuda Phishline)
75 - Logistics, Purchasing, Accounting, Information Technology, Environmental Health and Safety, Human Resources, Scheduling, Operations, Finance, Management
2 - Both staff members are part of our Information Technology team, working as system administrators.
- Ransomware prevention.
- Phishing detection and prevention.
- Both personal and organizational protection of finances.
- Delivery of security training to remote users has removed the scheduling barrier with onsite staff.
- We have highlighted campaign results with standard morning meeting of all Management personnel, using the Barracuda product to train Managers (train-the-trainer).
- Helping to identify weak links in our armor (employees) for further training.
Although cost competitive, we still feel like we are not digging deep enough to train our staff. We have little to no way other than digging through reports that have not proven to be adequately documented (hey you, Barracuda campaign reports) to identify and require users to take more training who have not passed their requirements.
Evaluating Barracuda Security Awareness Training (formerly Barracuda Phishline) and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Product reputation, our organization has used Barracuda products for several years. The ease of use and ability to help protect the organization at a price that was competitive was essential. However, many other businesses we have worked with have used and continue to use Barracuda products which indicates a good reputation beyond our personal results as well.
Barracuda Security Awareness Training (formerly Barracuda Phishline) Support
Although support can be slow at times, our initial turn-up was exemplary and painless. Initial follow ups over the first 3 months were fairly quick, with once or twice over a year taking more than 1 day. Every support person with Barracuda was very professional, and was either able to directly help with questions or went and found an answer and got back to us within hours on a typical call.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - No, we are still awaiting a fix. Reporting often shows a line pertaining to the number of users reporting a phish, and this is never populated even though we have on purpose created a campaign where users only reported a phish.
Barracuda support has honestly been very good, polite and patient support staff always trying to solve any problem. As the story goes, your put on your best act right away to awe your customer and that is exactly what Matt Haag did during our implementation. He was patient and waded through step-by-step with our Administrators the turn-up process. He didn't wait for us the next day, he followed up to see if there was anything else. After 4 or 5 days beyond our first day Matt followed up yet again to provide us with needed documentation for quarantine configuration and plug-ins as well.