Overall Satisfaction with Basis, by Centro
We use it as our primary self-serve DSP for all the programmatic campaigns that we currently running for our clients. It allows us to run highly successful programmatic campaigns that generate high ROI while maintaining reasonable CPM. It is mostly managed by one team but the broader agency is aware that they are the partner we are using.
- The platform is very easy to learn
- Access to great inventory
- Very competitive pricing
- Managed service is a little pricey and tends to have slightly lower performance
- interface is very 90's, could use a real facelift purely from an aesthetic perspective
- Reports are continually being updated but could use some refinement in output for client-facing reports
- We have over tripled our programmatic spend thanks to the performance we've managed to achieve on the basis of platform
- Shifting over to base it says also allowed us to cut our CPM to half or less
Advangelist, StackAdapt, Simplifi, Trade Desk, Media Math - overall most of the other platforms we reviewed were perfectly fine and can get the job done quite well. We have mostly stuck with basis because of the relationship that we have, the fact that they have continued to provide stellar support, and have a platform that delivers on everything they promise.
Do you think Basis delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Basis's feature set?
Did Basis live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Basis go as expected?
Would you buy Basis again?
Basis is actually very versatile and scalable. As long as you are spending about $10,000 a month on programmatic, I have found it to be equally easy to use on small campaigns as well as large. If you aren't running enough programmatic campaigns to justify the cost of basis, then it would be hard to make the recommendation to learn the platform and implement it. But if you are, they have amazing training materials and the support we got is outstanding.