BigMachines, a maintenance nightmare!https://www.trustradius.com/cpqOracle CPQ Cloud (BigMachines)Unspecified7.81111012013-11-06T23:58:05.795Z
Updated November 08, 2013
BigMachines, a maintenance nightmare!
Score 1 out of 101
- Sales Engine
- Document Engine
- Admin Platform
- It handled heavy calculations very well, i.e. fast.
- It is possible to add any business logic to the system.
- Support and documentation are very poor. The support is bordering on unprofessional. The documentation on how to configure the system is minimal, and Googling information, returns no hits. So the cost of maintenance is high.
- It is very hard to maintain your implementation, and deployment of changes is non-trivial. So the cost of maintenance is high.
- The document engine (the rich text editor part) is so poor we turned back to the xsl markup language to deploy changes faster and have more control. The engine automagically removed variables. So the cost of maintenance is high.
- The user interface make it very hard and time consuming for users to produce quotes.
- Decreased the business value the IT department can deliver to salespeople and administrators using the company's sales software.
- It made it possible to create quotes with a quite complex price model.
I was not in the power to make the decision to renew or not, but there were discussions around trying to replace it.
I was using BigMachines with Salesforce and I would strongly suggest skipping CPQ and customizing Salesforce instead. If that is not sufficient, if your product catalog is large and you add a large amount of different products per opportunity, I would suggest scanning the market for other options.
Some specific support personal was good and fixed some problems fast using proper solutions. But when one of them went to sleep when we had critical issues and they do unreported commits to our production environment which caused issues and they were hiding it?? you can not give more than a two (maybe even that is too much). They also failed to add a feature for us which also bring the grade down.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Quick Initial Response
Difficult to get immediate help
Yes - To get help from people who know BigMachines because there is not many out there available to us. For many things we are forced to use BigMachines because it is not possible to do it yourself such as adding features, which not even BigMachines manage to do. The debugging is also hard to do yourself and BigMachines have better tools to debug our implementation.
Yes - Some of the bugs yes, some of them no. Some fixes caused regression and one time they commited to our production environment, caused regression but did not inform us but tried to fix it while keeping us in the dark.
It is hard to make a easy to use interface for end users (who complained on usability and performance such as slow page loading). As an admin it is very hard to find all the business logic. As a developer it is very cumbersome to deploy and extremly hard to debug. The document engine which should provide a easy to use interface for creating quotes as pdf in our case, was totally unreliable and you had to use "special ways" to edit, we went back to xsl which was easier and faster.
Technical support not required
Do not like to use
Difficult to use
Slow to learn