Overall Satisfaction with Birst
Birst has been used in Catho as the main access to data, across all the organization. There is a small resistance to change in the internal report but we in the strategic department are trying change that mindset. I see two big problems:
First, the learning curve for a new developer is quite long. There are some paradigms that make Birst a little hard to learn. It’s a very bureaucratic tool.
Second, Catho is a Brazilian enterprise and we use the cloud storage from Birst. But the upload time and the process time is really long.
- The Visualizer, is really easy for the end user
- The creation of Virtual Cubes
- The Data enrichment and cleaning
- Long learning curve, an uncommon paradigm
- Long time to process many lines of data (10kk) data
- Usability needs to get better
- Now we have a better control of data availability, with a better SLA.
- The easier access to data for the user.