Overall Satisfaction with Birst
We use Birst as a sales support tool, applying ad hoc predictive modeling to identify cross sell/up sell opportunities. We also use it as a reporting and analytics tool for sales metrics. Both applications have met with great success. Currently, Birst is in use by one department.
- We have data in so many disparate places/sources. Birst allowed us to aggregate all the data together fairly easily so output was unified, consistent and accurate.
- The development tools in Birst allow us to easily adjust, change and create new reports and dashboards quickly. Sales is an 'in the moment' business - we need in the moment data and we get that with Birst.
- Their customer support is top tier. We've been a client for a very long time and still get the same attention and support that we did when they were a much smaller company. And really - no matter the value of product, if you don't have good support from the company, it's about worthless.
- The new upgrade process is a bit clunky and takes a considerable amount of time.
- They've apparently stopped supporting the use of fixed width delimited flat files. That may be a bit of a problem for us in the future - still trying to work through it with them.
- Price keeps going up - always a concern.
- More tools on the market similar to Birst
- We've seen a marked increase in sales as a result of the ad hoc modeling function. Our salespeople love it.
If you have users that are *not* technical, Birst is perfect for them. It can be designed as simply as it needs to be and yet still provide maximum value. It's the perfect tool for sales people that don't want to be IT people - they just want to get to the information they need quickly. Visuals are also great for the sales audience.