Birst at its Besthttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biBirstUnspecified6.91831012018-02-16T18:39:32.495Z
February 16, 2018
Birst at its Best
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Birst
Birst is used across the organisation and by our business partners. It is embedded into the product. It's a powerful tool which gives them the vision for their devices, how devices are getting used by their end customers, what properties and values are getting used frequently, the outliers and how to diagnose the problem, etc.
- Birst is a powerful tool for BI, it has various features built in which can be used directly by inheriting it instead of writing 1000 lines of code.
- It gives a way to demonstrate the numbers as various ways through its charts, which makes it easy for a non-IT person to see a trend.
- The access control gives you the ability to map users as per their use case and dataset.
- Some mathematical operations need real understanding of the functions like RSUM to get cumulative count.
- The UI has a scope of improvement. It can be made lighter.
- Product can be broken down into pieces and can be used as per the need, not all the features are useful for everyone.
- Speed and agility
- Ability to meet corporate data standards such as scale and security
- Increased adoption, usage and self-service
Datasource connectivity on headless mode is always 100% if the database is up; I have not seen any downtime from Birst's end.
I would say when it comes to building a report with the data from the database and data from an Excel sheet, Birst makes it easy to blend both the data with ease to operate on the data. Birst should also focus on implementing new connectors for Spark, Scala and other streamlined APIs which can help in building a real-time dashboard.