Overall Satisfaction with Birst
- Self Services Analytics - Business users oriented tools
- Design tools
- Data Modeling tools
- New Self-services platform called Pronto
- Embedding capabilities
- Dashboards and Design tools through JS API
- Single-Sign-On support
- Web services availability
- Query dashboard catalog and permissions
- Manage users
- Data Import and processing for Streaming sources (used by StreamLoader App) – Cloud Friendly
- Incomplete TZ management (one env is one TZ)
- No TZ conversion support at BQL level (No DST support)
- DB physical query generated by Birst does not always leverage the Exasol aggregation capabilities.
- Incomplete I18N support.
- Speed and agility
- Ability to meet corporate data standards such as scale and security
- Ability to do ad-hoc analysis and scheduled reports
- Increased adoption, usage and self-service
- To provide self-service analytics to our customers, its embedding capabilities, self-services tools and ETL capabilities.
- The platform has the disadvantage of its advantages, it does many things for you but not always to your liking so we sometimes had to bypass Birst and work with the DB directly for instance. We also faced challenges to make the platform fit in our context using streaming data sources and the delivery of a single solution into different customers environment.