Review: "HarvestBI - Leveraging Birst to Improve an Industry"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biBirstUnspecified6.81781012018-03-19T22:08:09.294Z
Overall Satisfaction with Birst
We are reselling the Birst platform as an extension of our ERP (HarvestERP) and DSD (HarvestDSD) solutions. Sales departments are the primary users at this time. We have on the roadmap operations and finance in the near future. Our goal is a homogenous implementation platform that can be rapidly deployed across our customer base.
- The ability to create a primary space that can be cloned repeatedly creates efficiencies in our development efforts.
- We have a broad spectrum user base in terms of technical ability. Being able to extend or limit groups' privileges allows for optimal control with maximum flexibility.
- One of our primary objectives is to utilize cloud resources. Birst allows us to leverage the technology but does not require the infrastructure allowing Harvest Food Solutions to focus on the solution.
- Mobility is a major part of Harvest Food Solutions product offering. The current mobile capabilities are limited when dealing with single sign on and multiple domains.
- The conversion from Designer to Visualizer has created challenges in features not being migrated.
- Live Access is a key feature for us, but we want to be able to mix Live Data with Historical Data. That is currently not a simple process and requires multiple spaces. A simpler method is desired.
- Ability to meet corporate data standards such as scale and security
- Decreased deployment time and risk
- Increased adoption, usage and self-service
We are currently in the process of a large customer deployment. The user group is currently basing the majority of their reporting on Excel pivot tables. The challenges with Birst have come in trusting the data behind the dashboards which has required some compromise. As a result of the ease of deployment of new dashboards and quick ability to make modifications, we have achieved a much higher adoption rate to these reports and dashboards than any previous system.
The primary differentiator with Birst is its scalability. Every other system we have developed or reviewed is either very strong in a single focus or requires a large team to manage to deploy over multiple, diverse customers. We have been able to accomplish more successfully and more quickly with a single developer and 2 BA's than what has historically taken multiple developers years to accomplish.
The BirstConnect product gives us tremendous flexibility in the data sources we are able to connect to. One of the beautiful examples of this is a customer who has a legacy ERP system, a homegrown data warehouse and a modern ERP system. We were able to utilize BirstConnect and the data mapping tool to merge all three data sources into a single reporting engine, something they had previously not been able to do.
Birst is a fantastic tool for quick decisions and big picture analytics. The ability to build dashboards and dashlets allows for significant amounts of data being presented on mobile or full-size devices. The challenge comes with deep analytics. While details can be provided on the dashboards or via reports, these are not always easily manipulated in the same as say an Excel sheet.
Birst Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile