Overall Satisfaction with BizNet Excel Suite
I use Biznet excel suite to send reports to all departments in the county government. It does require a good working knowledge of the excel program to even begin to use it appropriately. It has made my job of sending reports out much easier. I would suggest it to anyone that has a good working knowledge of Excel and also uses Sage.
- After I learned how to make some checks I am very confident in the accuracy of any reports I send out.
- The ability to send out reports to several different departments/people is wonderful.
- Excel is something most people understand some, but the better they deal with excel the better they deal with BizNet.
- It has some inadequacies when you are pulling from Sage into BizNet and want to save that report as an Excel file. The formulas carry into the saved file unless you do a save as.
- I had a lot of trouble when I dealt with a report that had several spreadsheets in it and somehow one copied a ton of blank lines. BizNet became very slow. That was a hard error to find.
- I know it has saved me time, and believe the treasurer's department would say the same.
Each of these have their positive and negative points. The point I like best about BizNet is the capability of sending out reports to several at once. I did like the Crystal Reports that I could build and still do some reports there, but BizNet is almost as robust and has the sharing capabilities. Frx was one that I would suggest needs lots of improvements. I used it because it was all that was available to me at the time.
We are very pleased with the ability to make checks and balances on different departments. It also does make sending reports to several different email addresses very easy for me. Thanks to BizNet I have about 6 to 8 hours that I can spend on different things each month. I am beginning to learn how it may be used in the budget process at the county and am hopeful it will prove as useful there.
Using BizNet Excel Suite
Evaluating BizNet Excel Suite and Competitors
BizNet Excel Suite Implementation
We went pretty seamlessly into BizNet, but could have had lots of trouble if the professional service was not aware of our set up and use.
BizNet Excel Suite Support
I found the tech support at the other end was willing to say he was not sure and it actually helped us both to work through a problem.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
I had spent many hours writing a report that I wanted to use to send out reports to my departments. The report worked fine until I decided to send it out to the several departments. I then found that biz broadcast was caught spending a lot of time trying to send those reports. I though it had found an loop that it was stuck in. The tech support was able to pair the report down and assure me that it was not caught in a loop. I then through trial and error did find that for some unknown reason the program was trying to send out not only the report I was seeing but also a very large number of blank lines. After fixing those by copying and pasting I was rewarded with a smooth and timely reporting process.
Using BizNet Excel Suite
Like to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- Many of the functions are easy to use, but not so easy to figure out what they are actually going to do.