Overall Satisfaction with Boomi
We use Boomi company wide as an integration hub, primarily between our CRM (Salesforce) and our ERP (Oracle Applications R12) systems. Integration to Oracle Applications required the purchase of the Oracle (enterprise) connector as an add-on to our professional license type. Boomi has been instrumental in mending the systems within our lead-to-cash process.
- Excellent library of connectors
- The Visual Integration Designer is fantastically intuitive
- The integration deployment process is quick and painless
- The process reporting functionality is excellent
- User Management - It's possible for users to overwrite a shared resource.
- Support is off-shore which makes collaboration difficult.
- Process alerting - It is possible to configure integration process failures and the account level but not at the integration job level
- Increased data visibility between our Sales and Accounting teams
- Major increase in data quality due to the reduction of manual data entry
- Increase in efficiency due to the reduction of manual data entry
During our selection process we compared Boomi, Pervasive and Talend. Boomi offered the most intuitive interface and also provided connectors that were compatible with our Oracle EBS system. The local atom architecture provides a "path of least resistance" for any integrations that require an on-prem solution. The pre-sales team at Boomi also presented their solution in a more cohesive fashion than the competition which made the selection much simpler.
Like most middle-ware solutions, we've come to depend on Boomi to run our business. Boomi is operating flawlessly and has become an integral part of our Lead to Cash process.
Boomi is a very polished solution making it an excellent selection for business analysts, but it is also opinionated and IT driven organizations may become frustrated with many of the "clicks-not-code" features. Boomi is priced by the connector and not the endpoint ~ It becomes the onus of the integration developer to ensure that multiple connectors do not share a common endpoint.