Overall Satisfaction with Braintree
Braintree is simply a card processor for our website shopping cart - Spree commerce. Since we implemented it it has been bought by PayPal which is no bad thing. We needed a card processor as well as PayPal as we do need to repatriate foreign currency to our domestic bank accounts in the original currency where it is USD, GBP or Euro. PayPal only allows you to withdraw money in your domestic currency and therefore forces an unfavourable exchange rate transaction.
- The interface is clean and simple; so easy to understand.
- They will send you the money at a variety of intervals to suit the business.
- Easy for our developers to implement.
- The front screen reporting could be improved - just a couple of extra features such as being able to vary the time period being looked at and other simple analytics.
- I feel strongly that it would be easy and useful to have some kind of ready cash in transit visual by destination bank account.
- No other points - it just sits there and works.
- Braintree's main advantage for us is that we can receive payments to our different currency accounts. This probably saves 1.5% to 3% in total on the various supplier payments we need to make in those currencies. It saves us having to lose 1.5% from PayPal to domestic currency and then another 1.5% converting from domestic to pay a foreign supplier.
- Refunds are an easy matter to administer so reducing admin time. PayPal's just got better as well - before about 2 weeks ago they were truly awful.
At the time Braintree was cheaper and much quicker and easier to implement then Barclaycard. Braintree will pay you in the currency of your choice (within reason) which is a distinct advantage over PayPal which is limited to your domestic currency.
Change management was minimal - It was a straightforward implementation
Always there - there is not much to go wrong with our implementation so I hardly ever contact them but they are always quick and polite when I need them.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
This software should simply work away uninterrupted in the background - it does just that so there has never been any need for exceptional support - this is a good thing and means my website simply ticks away.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using