Mailchimp Reviews

Alfred Brock | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

Mailchimp to the Rescue

Mailchimp is being used by Northwest Wayne FAN (Families Against Narcotics). The larger organization does not use it at this time - only our chapter. The business problem it addresses is that it allows us to communicate updates, coming events, specialty stories and specific and timely information to our board members, advisory board members, associates and clients. Without Mailchimp we would be relying solely on a once-a-month meeting and intermittent contact through Facebook.
  • Contact list creation - this is a real strength because I can either enter individuals in separately or from a database or Excel spreadsheet.
  • The ability to time the release of communications is especially helpful. I am involved in a volunteer capacity and Mailchimp allows me to do the work I need to do when I want to do it - and then send it out at a predetermined time!
  • The templates are embedded in a hierarchy that doesn't make them hard to find - just not intuitive.
  • The formatting of the contacts is little clunky. If the information is input through Excel or a database template - no problem - but the individual entry submittal process could be streamlined a little - for example if any part of an address is input then the entire address must be input. We don't always have that.

Mailchimp is well suited to a situation where you have a stable or known set of recipients to whom you will be sending email updates on a regular basis.

Mailchimp is well suited to situations where a lot of information needs to be sent to a lot of different people and organizations at specified times in the future.

Mailchimp is not appropriate for one-to-one communication - the higher the scale of interactions from 1 to many the better the software performs.

Read Alfred Brock's full review
Valie Robbins | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

MailChimp -- a great product that allows businesses of all markets compete!

We do lead/demand generation B2B companies in the IT arena. We use MailChimp to drive registrations to customer events, such as webinars/lunch n learns. It is great, easy to use, and allows us to create outstanding invitations incorporating our client's logo and their marketing messaging. Using the e-mail invitations that we created, we schedule e-mail blasts to our client's databases leading up to the event. Utilizing the analytics from each blast, we were able to identify prospects for sales and marketing to really focus on with a personalized phone call! These same analytics enabled us to identify bad e-mail addresses to assist our clients with keeping their databases in tip top shape. This ensures that our clients future e-mail correspondence don't get grey listed and they can continue to stay in front of their prospect customers. MailChimp gave us the capability to better serve our clients - their tools allowed us to create e-mails that our clients absolutely love - our clients review and critic them so that the messaging is consistence.
  • Great tools to create custom invitations which stand out in a crowded field.
  • Easily schedule e-mail blasts for clients
  • Great analytics, which help with cleaning up databases and identifying prospects that might be overlooked by sales and marketing teams! Also by keeping databases clean - ensures that your client doesn't get grey listed and future e-mails end up in the their prospects spam folder.
  • Ease of use so that anyone can create a great invitation, schedule a blast, and get the results they are striving to achieve!
  • Creating the initial e-mail invitation was a little tricky at first. It took some time to figure out the tools.
  • An app for the phone would be great so that you can review blast results on the fly.
  • Grey listing and spam folders are becoming a big issue with the amount of e-mails that are being sent - clients are very concerned about their e-mails not getting to their prospects - would like to see more information regarding bounces so that we can assist our clients with keeping their databases in tiptop shape.
Great for small to medium businesses who can use MailChimp's functionality within their marketing department's. I personally know a number of businesses across several vertical markets who successfully use MailChimp to promote their business in a variety of ways. Larger companies who require more complex e-mails regarding graphics and registrations pages not so much. But for simple e-mails - absolutely fabulous!
Read Valie Robbins's full review
Megan Russell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

MailChimp is perfect for nonprofits and small businesses.

I own a small local bakery. The majority of my resell and also customer communications happens in MailChimp. I am a huge advocate for digital communications especially since most people are on their phones or computer daily. It's so easy to confirm orders, reach out to customers, and even update them on new products being released.

Email marketing is a great way to engage with new or current customers and using MailChimp has made this very easy for me to do. MailChimp is perfect for my small operation. My customer base is smaller but what I love about the software is that my features are not limited. Usually, the basic software levels will skimp you on features but MailChimp does a good job of still offering you tool to do the most important email marketing tasks such as one-off email campaigns, email automation, building customer contact segments to send a targeted communication, and so much more. If you are a small business like me I recommend using MailChimp as an affordable solution for your email marketing needs.
  • Email campaigns - the template builder is easy to use and easy to customize.
  • Email Automation - This feature is also easy to set up and base off of a date, a segment, a list or much more.
  • Something that is different and I really enjoy is that MailChimp sign up forms ask for birthdays, and you can set up email automation based on birthdays. for someone who is trying to do customer appreciation, having a built-in birthday date or automation option is so great.
  • I wish their wordpress plugin form was better. It's really not as pretty as other forms.
  • The template builder can sometimes be a little wonky, delays or spacing issues
MailChimp is best suited for people who are waiting to communicate with their customer base on an automated level as well as on one-off basis. I wouldn't say that MailChimp should be used by someone who is just trying to email 3 or 4 people, like if they were trying to keep communication with their board members for a nonprofit. That would be the kind of task that could be accomplished in your personal email account. But if you were a nonprofit this would be a great way to reach out to donors and keep them up to speed with what is going on with your Org, how to get involved, etc.
Read Megan Russell's full review
Jessica Meadows Rich | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

A funny name but a serious e-marketing solution!

MailChimp is used by our marketing department in support of our curriculum team to send newsletters and follow-up emails to students. We are able to use MailChimp to communicate directly with those students who have asked us to contact them regarding new programs or programs they had requested. We also use MailChimp to follow up with students to ask them to complete feedback surveys regarding programs they have completed.
  • Easy to Import Contacts: MailChimp accepts a number of files and formats, so no matter where your contacts are currently, you'll likely be able to import them fairly quickly without much issue.
  • Customization options: There are templates to choose that can allow you to fairly easily make your design look like it's yours. If you happen to also have access to a graphic designer, then you can really take advantage of the customization options to make the design match your brand.
  • Analytics: Being able to review data points like open rates and click-thru has allowed us to improve our communications and reach more people.
  • Backend organization: I'm used to it now but initially it was very difficult to navigate the dashboard. I still get confused from time to time and have difficulty finding what I'm looking for. The organization just isn't very intuitive.
  • The payment structure and credit system are incredibly confusing. We use the free version but had at one point considered paying for the full version. We had difficulty understanding how many credits we needed and abandoned the idea.
We use the free option of MailChimp, which means some features aren't available to us. However, as a nonprofit organization, the ability to communicate with our learners directly for free means we are able to focus on our mission and not worry about the bottom line. I feel that the free version is incredibly robust and has almost all that we need. The only issue is that we are limited to sending 1,000 emails a day. This fits our needs and we've been able to work around this limitation; however, if you have a much larger contact list and are sending daily emails, then the free version wouldn't be for you.
Read Jessica Meadows Rich's full review
Vicki Lesage | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

MailChimp is easy to use and affordable -- you'll be up and running in no time!

We use MailChimp internally and also recommend it to our clients, where appropriate. It's a great way for clients to get into email marketing with minimal commitment as they learn the ropes and grow their subscriber list. As their needs and subscriber base grows, MailChimp can grow with them. Internally, just our marketing department uses it, and we find the same is true with our clients. MailChimp helps solves the business problem of how to stay in touch with your audience reliably and affordable.
  • Mobile-friendly email templates -- You can always trust that MailChimp's templates will work well across the most common email clients and devices. Much more efficient than hand-coding!
  • Easy-to-use WYSIWYG editors -- You can do almost anything you want in an email with MailChimp's easy WYSIWYG interface.
  • Customizing the sign-up process -- You can brand each page and make it look good while still keeping it streamlined.
  • I think the pop-ups (to encourage users to sign up to your mailing list) could have more flexibility in their design. I was designing one the other day and it had limited choices for the image sizes, so I had to play around with it quite a bit to get it to look good.
  • It's great that they now integrate with Facebook Ads but the reporting is really basic and I find it hard to make changes mid-campaign. For example, I have not been able to find aggregate stats -- I have to hover over the number of each day in the chart and add up the stats for the month. And you cannot extend a campaign more than 3 days before it ends, so you better remember to mark your calendar and update it before it ends with you!
  • The list segmenting is pretty basic. I can do a few of the things I want but nothing too complex at the same time.
I think MailChimp is perfect for small business and newbies because it's the easiest email marketing platform around. You can get up and running quickly and affordably (in most cases even free) and try things out. So many times clients think they want a huge marketing automation platform, and while that could be right for them, I think it's better to start with small, achievable goals and go from there. Send your first email. Get your first subscriber form in place. Learn the ropes and see what works for your business. Then decide if you want to upgrade to MailChimp's more robust features or perhaps graduate to a different (more expensive) platform. For a large business or one with a lot of experience in email marketing, I still think MailChimp can be great because it's very powerful and integrates with nearly everything.
Read Vicki Lesage's full review
Mike Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Mailchimp is one of the most affordable and powerful email marketing platforms out there.

We utilize Mailchimp for internal emails along with supporting clients who use Mailchimp as their primary platform for bulk emails. It is typically used by marketing departments but also used by entire organizations. Mailchimp provides sophisticated email capabilities in a manner that is manageable by non technical people. Mailchimp also provides one of the strongest templating engines out there.
  • Templating
  • Managing lists
  • Simple automations
  • Segmentation
Mailchimp is the go-to platform for anyone who wants to get started with an email platform or who needs a strong email platform but does not want to invest in a full-blown marketing automation platform. It provides lots of great tools to get started with email marketing. The templating engine is good, as is the editor. Creating well-designed emails that render correctly is not easy and Mailchimp really helps.
Read Mike Muller's full review
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2020

Send mass emails with ease with Mailchimp

We use MailChimp across our small sales organization to send email campaigns to current and potential customers. It helps us to email hundreds or thousands of people at one time, and save contact lists so we can send different campaigns to different groups. It also provides us with important analytics like open and click-rates.
  • Sending email campaigns. It's extremely easy and efficient to create campaigns with templates or on your own, and repeat those campaigns so you don't have to recreate them every time.
  • Customer service. They actually only have chat and email support, but I've utilized the chat function numerous times and rarely waited more than a few minutes. Everyone I've chatted with has been extremely competent and a few folks actually went into my campaigns and helped me create them.
  • Analytics. It's very important to have the open and click rates of campaigns, and you can download the list of people who opened your campaigns and what links they clicked, and which links.
  • Phone support. While the chat function is extremely effective, it can be helpful with certain questions to speak with someone over the phone.
  • I'd like the ability to unsubscribe someone to all campaigns. Currently, if someone unsubscribes to a campaign, they will never receive that exact campaign again. But if their email address is on multiple lists or gets added on another list by someone who is unaware that they unsubscribed, that person will receive another email. Many recipients have been angered by this, telling me that the unsubscribed - which they did - but I have to explain that the process is not universal, and sometimes we forget to include the "exclude" list.
  • The payment structure goes by the number of email addresses that are stored on Mailchimp, so to stay below a certain billing threshold, I have to periodically delete lists of stored email addresses. This gets to be cumbersome because I regularly need to delete and re-upload many of the same lists of people.
Mailchimp is terrific for any organization that is looking to send email campaigns to a large group of people, send multiple email campaigns to a variety of lists, and create campaigns with a variety of text and graphic options. If most of the email outreach an organization does is individual outreach, or if mass emailing is more periodic, it might be best to utilize the free mail merge functions of Gmail.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Ron Rothstain | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Professional and easy way to send to the masses!

We are using Mailchimp to publish and disseminate our weekly newsletters to our students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members. As far as I know, it is only being used by one other department within our school, besides ours. For us, the business solutions it addresses is it provides a easy solution to create and produce newsletters and disseminate it to our community of over 5,000 people. It is easy to add text, photos, etc. and as the publisher, I have access to identify who has opened the newsletter and who has not.
  • Easy to use and updates to application have been very customer focused.
  • Love the amount of services you receive from them at absolutely no cost to you. You can add up to 2,000 subscribers for free.
  • Compatibility with our CRM and HubSpot which enables us to target our email marketing efforts.
  • Great customer service. Any time issues arose or questions needed to be addressed, their customer service team was very responsive and helpful.
  • Outstanding email analytics which allows us to measure many metrics for our email marketing campaign.
  • I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need.
  • It can get expensive quickly, particularly if you have over 2,000 subscribers which we do (close to 5,000 subscribers).
  • Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier.
Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchimp does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly. Can get pricey if you have a large subscriber list (over 2,000).
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
Maria Clara Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Great email platform for communications, testing and segmentation

We use Mailchimp alongside CRMs for everything from automated email series (drip campaigns) to one off emails to prospect and targeted lists, event invitations both for our own agency and for all our clients. It's a relatively easy to use system that we also design templates in and train our clients on how to use. Wherever possible we also utilize groups and tag segmentation.
  • Segmentation, including dynamic lists
  • Robust drag and drop template interfaces
  • Server time is sometimes a problem
  • New validation email required every time you log in or security questions answered is tedious
Mailchimp is great for pretty much any sort of communication you need with your list, so long as you're building your list effectively. You can generate API keys that help feed into multiple applications (we primarily plug it into Gravity Forms) as well as generate and style your own forms from within the site if you'd prefer that. You don't want to overwhelm a prospect with self selection options but if you create hidden fields to better tag and categorize people if possible you can grow your list effectively. I find many clients however just endlessly dump emails in with no categorization or segmentation (and sometimes questionable opt in status) so - keep your data clean, and ensure your prospects know what they're signing up for.
Read Maria Clara Daly's full review
Stella Olsson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 27, 2020

Mailchimp offers a new experience in doing Email Marketing

Mailchimp's platform has helped the organization and mainly me to expand with new clients and potential clients, allowing me to share newsletters, information, provide support and improve sales. It has helped us in facilitating instant and secure mass mailings, helping us to get our mails delivered correctly. Mailchimp has allowed us to manage our clients in an orderly way, being able to send the information to each specific client or group of clients that is subscribed to us. This platform has provided us with an excellent experience between employee and client, changing the way we share information and how our clients see us as a company.
  • The templates it offers are really good and easy to customize.
  • Their prices are very flexible, allowing the user to select the plan that best suits.
  • Mailchimp informs if an email was delivered correctly or not and if it was opened or not.
  • Its email editor is very comfortable and easy to use, allowing you to easily include images, audio, videos, etc.
  • The report generator is very easy to understand.
  • The interface is robust for new users.
  • They should include tutorials on the proper use of their tools as it is a bit frustrating trying to guess how it works.
  • Text formats are very limited.
  • Hopefully they include a form of mass addition of contacts to save time and not do it one by one.
  • The learning curve is a bit long when starting from scratch.
With Mailchimp you can import contacts very easily, allowing you to speed up your work if you already had a list of contacts. For those who are already used to Email Marketing, this tool is very useful due to the large number of tools that it brings. The templates come with a customizable HTML format that allow users to be more free when they want to design their email to their liking. The A/B tests are of very excellent quality providing opening information and/or clicks of the campaigns sent.
Read Stella Olsson's full review
Barbara Hinkle | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 20, 2020

Perfect for increasing traffic!

For me, it is a uniform and attractive service, Mailchimp this is a service used specifically in the company's marketing area in order to be able to expand our service or what we offer to more users, happy because it has worked very well and has managed to unify Perfect with the corporate emails of the company, in this way we can send mass emails, without falling into any error and getting more users to observe the advertising so we generate more traffic. With your panel I have managed to observe the analysis and the increase in traffic For me, it has been an incredible software, solving problems because we urgently needed to make our services known to users in a much faster way, we use software that is not at all useful, this is where Mailchimp comes in and changes our lives, the most suitable one beacuse it allows you to create a campaign or edit them to make them more attractive from your panel, they are really useful tools them.
  • Useful and necessary tools to improve web activity and sales.
  • Detailed panel to observe the procedure of the advertising sent.
  • It is possible to send mass emails.
  • It is possible to improve advertising in case it is not very well received by customers.
  • In some cases, advertising is lost and does not reach users or is simply lost in spam.
  • The panel can be improved by adding more tools like text, color palette.
Mailchimp is a marketing service so its specific service is based on that and unified to the marketing area, it is perfectly suited to sending advertising in a mass campaign. It has stood out in this field, but its panel or service is not associated with others. areas since it would not provide success or any tool to offer quality.
Read Barbara Hinkle's full review
Len Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2020

Great for building an email list on a budget

We used Mailchimp across all our websites and our client website for collecting emails and sending newsletters and offers to customers.
  • For one, its free to use, so it's great to use it to grow and maintain your mailing.
  • It very easy to use no matter your skill level is and the tooltips are very clear and explained.
  • It boosts a very great list of tools to help to build and engage with an audience.
  • Some of the templates within the free and paid plan are very limited in design aesthetics
  • They could possibly add in some new features that support using your own email templates.
  • Would like to see more advanced email automation.
  • The costs mount up quickly once the emails start adding up in your lists and you might end up looking for a better deal to send your newsletters.
I would always recommend Mailchimp to anyone as the first option to grow and build their list based on their freemium plan. This makes it great for newer businesses.
Read Len Gordon's full review
Brendon Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Mailchimp revolutionized email marketing, but will it keep the throne?

We are nearing 30 years of consumer email, and the experience has not gotten much better. Mailchimp simplified and reinvented email marketing, and has been the go-to platform for quite some time. Truly this is a better option than emailing an address book through your standard email platform. It's a great entry point for my clients, with usage-based pricing, has great support, and it's easy enough to find developers and designers familiar with the program.
  • Great list management tools
  • Decent onboarding process
  • The general structure of Mailchimp, navigating through the tools, is not intuitive.
  • Rich template design options mean hard-to-design options
I would recommend Mailchimp for mid-sized bloggers with small lists exploring email. If they put some time into the free version of Mailchimp they will find it relatively easy to find talent to design and develop their campaigns. That being said, there are other simpler self-serve options with incredibly beautiful templating options that get you off the starting block much more quickly.
Read Brendon Brown's full review
Eric W. Su | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

Mailchimp: the all round email service for anyone.

I use it to send group emails. It's a simple way to create emails too. Creating audiences is easy too. Sometimes, sending group emails can be challenging with other email platforms and this is not that way. The fact that I can see how many people open my email is a great feature. It tells us who is most engaged so we can properly create our messages for the correct people.
  • Easy to create emails.
  • Good on adding images.
It's great for people who need to send out group emails. I like the idea of being able to create audiences too.
Read Eric W. Su's full review
Manan Vora | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Great list builder for individual and small team entrepreneurs

Our Marketing department uses Mailchimp to collect a comprehensive list of all the people who have subscribed to our mailing lists from multiple locations. We use Mailchimp for 2 specific use cases -
  1. To send out automated onboarding emails for new subscribers.
  2. To send bi-weekly newsletters about the industry.
This helps us extend our community base and keep people interested in our business or industry engaged with our brand.
  • Creating a comprehensive list - Mailchimp integrates with literally everything under the sun, so its easy to use it to collect subscribers.
  • Creating and sending emails - Their template creation and email sending process is very simple.
  • The way Mailchimp's Setting page is set up is a little confusing to use.
  • Ability to edit the look of the ready Subscribe Forms Mailchimp provides.
If you are a business starting out, Mailchimp has the best email sending systems for a couple of reasons -
  1. Ease of creating lists.
  2. Zero cost when you start off.
  3. Simple to use for non-technical entrepreneurs.
  4. You don't need any coders to develop emails in HTML. Mailchimp's email builder is easy to use with drag and drop features and you can create beautiful emails with it.
Read Manan Vora's full review
Lauren Sikkema | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

Basic user trying to use it more fully

We use it in our fund development department for newsletters and fundraising. It provides an easy, non-Constant Contact way to communicate with our donor base.
  • Tracks emails and unsubscribes
  • Tracks open rates
  • More design options would be nice
  • Compatibility with donor perfect
Works well for large mailings. Not as great for smaller segments. Clunky for segmenting. We are still getting used to the tagging functionality and how to work it in to our segmenting.
Read Lauren Sikkema's full review
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Mailchimp is the best for small business newsletters

I use Mailchimp to send out my monthly newsletter. I've used it since I launched my newsletter three years ago. It's easy to use and free. I can focus on creating the content and not worry about the formatting, because in Mailchimp I can replicate my campaigns.

Mailchimp also allowed me to create a pop-up subscription form for my newsletter. That has helped me grow my email list. Most of the latest subscriptions have come via that form.

I really like it and often recommend it.
  • It allows you to easily design the newsletter and offers different templates. Very easy to drop in text and photos.
  • It is free as long as your list is less than 2,000 - which is really important to a small business owner on a budget.
  • You can set it up to send out a "welcome" message when new people sign up for the newsletter.
  • Hmmm...I really like the ease of use. I guess it could maybe automate more things - it could "learn" your habits and anticipate adding the date automatically, etc.
  • I wish it would be easier to replicate my monthly campaign.
  • I wish Mailchimp would add more ways to grow my list.
For small businesses, it's ideal for newsletters and other campaigns. Free and easy to use. I often recommend it to my clients and to other freelancers. I just wrote a post about my favorite free and low-cost tools and included Mailchimp on that list. I'd rate it a 9 out of 10.

For bigger businesses or those with bigger lists, it might be more expensive. If you have more than 2,000 people on your list, you might want to evaluate other solutions.
Read Michelle Messenger Garrett's full review
Sundeep Gopal | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Mailchimp - Probably the best email marketing tool out there.

Mailchimp is primarily used in the Marketing department to send newsletters, product updates to our prospects and existing users. It mainly helps us keep in touch with our prospects and customers. This is also helpful for our customers to stay in touch with us as well as keep updated about the product.
  • Easy to create templates
  • List management is easy
  • Pricing can be a little cheaper.
  • Phone support could have been provided.
Mailchimp works like a breeze if you need to send out a newsletter or product update. However, it can become quite expensive as your list grows. The pricing will not hurt if you consider the productivity gains and the ease of using the platform. Maintaining records and composing emails is easy and works like a charm.
Read Sundeep Gopal's full review
Lokesh Meena | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

Bulk email giant - Mailchimp

Mailchimp is a well known e-mail sending tool and generally it's the first choice for someone who is just beginning with email marketing or custom bulk emails. We have used Mailchimp for around two years for our various types of email marketing campaigns. It was used by our marketing departments to send promotional emails to our regular and non-regular subscribers. It helps us to promote our currently running campaigns with ease.
  • It offers a freemium plan, which is free up to a limited number of subscribers, generally 2000. Which is a good start for small organisations to begin with email marketing on a low budget.
  • It has one of the best custom email designing tool with lots of templates available, allowing us to design custom emails without wasting lots of time in the designing part.
  • It can easily handle large numbers of email receivers or subscribers (in their terminology). It helps medium and large organisations to stay away from chaos due to a large number of users.
  • Though it's free initially, for a large number of users its plans are so expensive. We have to burn our pockets if we have large numbers of subscribers to send marketing emails on a regular basis.
  • It still doesn't have perfect automation. Mailchimp has very good auto responders etc., but coming to automation part, it doesn't have required advanced automation.
  • The worst thing I found in Mailchimp is that emails sent via Mailchimp generally go directly in promotion tab of Gmail or even in spam sometimes. This affects the conversion ratio, as the conversion comes less than expected.
Mailchimp is very suitable for an organisation with a low marketing budget or that doesn't have much IT expertise. Small startups that are just beginning with their email marketing should go for it. Large organisations with a high budget or nice IT expertise should not go for it, as they have so many alternatives that can help them to reduce their time, energy and money spent.
Read Lokesh Meena's full review
Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Mailchimp Is Much More Than an Email Campaign Tool!

Mailchimp is currently being used in 2020 to send out valuable, free information to people who need help addressing daily life issues in work and personal life.
Mailchimp is valuable because it allows us to satisfy the problem of sending out the information once in a organized and creative way to all people at one time instead of sending one email at a time.
It is the best automation tool for sending out helpful information.
  • User friendly. Extremely easy to learn!
  • Pricing. It's free until your get your email list up which is very helpful for startups!
  • The templates are boring. Unless you are a designer or graphics artist, your emails will look very MailChimpish which makes the brain immediately say "Seen this before." which is totally what you DON'T want.
  • You can get suspended! If people keep say you are spam, even if they signed up and decided later they don't want it, you can get banned. Not fun.
Mailchimp is perfect for the startup! It helps so well getting you started and while the templates leave much to be desired, they encourage you to get more creative! 2k subscribers is a very fair amount to get started for free and then they begin charging is perfect for people just starting out. There are many videos and trainings available so you don't feel so overwhelmed. Excellent growth hacking tool!
Mailchimp also can help with social media scheduling. This is something that, as a company, we are going to work more with in 2020. They even now have websites in beta testing right now which is a fancy word for "We are working all the knots out and about to roll out something fantastic! Hold on!"

I have never personally experienced a situation where Mailchimp is not appropriate. It works well in small and large companies.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Simple, Powerful, and Effective

We use Mailchimp as both our own company email marketing platform and for many clients as well. It is really easy to get started, develop email campaigns, and generally manage contacts and lists. It's our go-to email marketing platform for new businesses and offers the path of least resistance for getting everything set up.
  • Email Marketing
  • Email Automation
  • Websites
  • Landing Pages
Mailchimp is our go-to recommendation for anyone just getting started with an email marketing platform. The interface is fairly straightforward and the service makes it easy to set up and start sending emails. Less developed are its auxiliary services such as landing pages, websites, and CRM which seem like they have some work to do to catch up with their competition.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Mailchimp - An Intuitive Email Marketing Option

We have been using Mailchimp as an organization for about five years, mostly by the communications department to reach our donors, volunteers, and other supporters of our mission. Mailchimp has helped us refine our marketing strategy and work towards getting our email list more invested and updated on what we’re doing on a frequent basis.
  • Design and templates are easy to manage and tweak to fit our messaging clearly.
  • Mailchimp makes it easy to schedule and see how often you send out email blasts to your lists to keep them engaged.
  • I found myself slightly frustrated by some of the design elements - some felt slightly clunky and I had to sift through some less than optimal design work.
  • I think the email address Add Contact form could be more streamlined.
I think Mailchimp is really great for the beginner business or nonprofit manager looking to engage and inspire an existing database. It’s so hard to share the stories of impact while simultaneously doing the work and Mailchimp helps streamline that process for people who have little to no graphic design training.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
Scott Markman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Mailchimp is the BEST, except if you have Shopify as your eCommerce platform.

Mailchimp is used for bulk email marketing newsletters to email subscribers on our giveaways list. Mailchimp has a ton of API integrations and integrates with almost everything, but what we mainly need it for, which is integration with our ecommerce platform, Shopify. It used to integrate with Shopify, but in early 2019 there was some sort of disagreement between Mailchimp and Shopify, so they no longer work together.

We still use Mailchimp, but for our inactive subscribers and low quality score subscribers (like people that we've acquired through giveaways) since it's much cheaper than our new email service provider. However, since our email service provider is more robust, we have that integrated with Shopify.
  • Low cost email service provider
  • Tons of integrations with other 3rd-party applications and websites
  • Does not integrate with Shopify
  • Email deliverability can be a problem.
We still use Mailchimp, but for our inactive subscribers and low-quality score subscribers (like people that we've acquired through giveaways) since it's much cheaper than our new email service provider. However, since our email service provider is more robust, we have that integrated with Shopify. If budget is an issue, Mailchimp is a very cost-effective solution.
Read Scott Markman's full review
Steven Duran | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Simple and affordable email marketing solution

We have been using MailChimp for the past 7+ years and it's been our most effective digital marketing tool by far! Currently, we use Mailchimp to send push campaigns across various segmented email lists in addition to utilizing it's automation features. Mailchimp has been a really affordable email marketing solution for us and it's been great as far as training new team members on how to use it.
  • Push campaigns.
  • Automation.
  • List management.
  • List signup.
  • Integrations with Shopify.
  • More robust out-of-the-box automations.
  • Cheaper pricing for agencies.
If you are just getting started out with an online presence, then Mailchimp is a great way to go. If you are just getting started with an eCommerce presence, then Mailchimp is also a great way to go. You won't really encounter many limitations with MailChimp until you start getting into large audience sizes and major eCommerce sales numbers.
Read Steven Duran's full review
Eric Chin | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

Mailchimp is an impeccable software

Mailchimp is excellent at integrating all kinds of external services, especially cloud hosting services. Its integration with API platforms is very good. Mailchimp offers the client a large number of options when it comes to training in the use of its automation service. All are of good quality and have a lot of availability. Mailchimp is currently being used by the entire marketing team in our company.
  • It is a very customizable marketing automation software.
  • It is effective and time-saving thanks to its methods of mass emails, which allow us to send large amounts of emails in seconds.
  • Emails can be configured to activate at specific events.
  • It has a very good system of automation and creation of social digital marketing, also has a WYSIWYG email editor technology.
  • It does not have a system that allows visitors to follow our websites.
  • It should not be used in low-end equipment as it is impossible to send large numbers of emails in these.
  • It does not offer tools to evaluate potential clients.
Mailchimp has allowed me to create marketing campaigns easily, and our website visitors can leave their data and subscribe automatically to be part of our campaigns. This software contains an autoresponder but not for the trial version, and it is quite important for us to have this feature since our team of professionals concluded that it is very useful when reading large databases of external programs. It is easy to use and does not take much time to know its total operation. Mailchimp is a great tool that all SMEs should use. Its online deployment is very wide. Mailchimp works in an excellent way on devices with Windows and Mac systems. It is highly recommended for these.
Read Eric Chin's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (205)
Dynamic content (200)
Ability to test dynamic content (193)
Landing pages (146)
A/B testing (168)
Mobile optimization (205)
Email deliverability reporting (223)
List management (220)
Triggered drip sequences (144)
Lead nurturing (2)
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (1)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (218)
Custom reports (40)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
6.5
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Does not have featureLead nurturing
Does not have featureLead scoring and grading
Does not have featureData quality management
Does not have featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Does not have featureCalendaring
Does not have featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Does not have featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Does not have featureSocial profile integration
Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Does not have featureCustom reports
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Does not have featureAPI
Does not have featureRole-based workflow & approvals
Does not have featureCustomizability
Does not have featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Does not have featureIntegration with SugarCRM

Mailchimp Screenshots