Overall Satisfaction with Carbonite EVault
[I] Have used EVault for 8+ years to backup multiple locations to local backup and central remote site for disaster recovery purposes. Setup has been simple and easy. Web Central Control has drastically reduced time and simplified reviewing backup completion. The entire product is logical and intuitive.
- Product is very intuitive and logical. Do not need to spend a lot of time figuring out 15 different things to click on to complete a task.
- Web Central Control removes the need to spend resources on tracking backups and if they were successful. One web page and 30 seconds will show a snapshot of the previous night.
- The restore process is simple and has the ability to restore from one machine to another.
- Only have one gripe and that is licensing. I have multiple locations and all use the same capacity license. When upgrading, need to call and have the license reset. No easy way to reset without call.
- Has had a very positive impact in reducing backup times, multiple backup locations and ease or backup/restore.
Used Symantec Backupexec before Evault. Have not needed to evaluate another product in 8+ years.