Overall Satisfaction with Carbonite Server Backup
We are a small organization with a single server. We currently use Carbonite Server Backup to create full server offsite backup once per month.
- Relatively easy to set up.
- Very responsive support.
- We tried creating a full server backup once per month with incremental backup daily. This proved unworkable over a standard DSL network connection. The full server backup would take approximately 3 days to upload to cloud and then the incrementals were temperamental, The software had to be reinstalled on several occasions after a failed backup.
- We now run a full server backup once per month and use file backup for dailies. This is much more reliable and has reduced the time required to monitor and fix.
- On the plus side, support was very helpful and good in getting things started again but the backups required constant attention.
- In the past we relied on a secretary to swap out an external backup drive and save it to an offsite location. Carbonite reduced the time required as well as forgetting to take the backup drive off site.
Not well suited for situations without a high speed internet connection.