Updated July 02, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with CATIA
In my organization we have several programs, one of which is CATIA. Depending on each designer and project, one program or another is used. In particular, CATIA is used to model certain types of products that, due to their complexity or precision, cannot be made in others, whether they are separate pieces for later making in an assembly, or a one-piece product.
- Good functions for automotive design.
- Easy to use.
- It is very precise with measurements.
- Creates good renders.
- Better design of the interface.
- Is more expensive than others.
- If your company is small, probably you are going to think that CATIA is too expensive, but it will be worth it.
- A lot of companies use it, so you can share files easily.
You can create solid or 3D figures more easily and efficiently using Catia than in other programs or in specific AutoCAD. You can also create different pieces to later assemble them and thus create figures even more complex or in greater detail. In the same way, you can make 2D drawings without much complication.
At first, it can be a little complex to use or learn how to handle it, but after you have practiced it becomes very easy and simple. You can generate different parts and then assemble without any mishap or problem. In the beginning, if you do not know any other program, it can be difficult to remember the different functions, operations or buttons.