April 10, 2017
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Centricity EMR
I am a big fan of it for customization and mapping and Centricity's integration technology. We were able to send CCDA and set up an HL7 interface from the NJIIS immunization registry. Also, we used another application integration as a point of care tool for high-risk patients. Lastly, to help provider workflow, the use of scanning devices was used for immunization. The clinical team can use the scanners to capture NDC and lot numbers. This cuts down on manual entries.
- Able to overlay other applications and integrations and integrations to a data warehouse platform that abstracts from the EMR.
- Customize for provider specialty. UI is easy to navigate.
- Reports and backend able to get data and work with other data platforms.
- Data reporting and use of creating dashboard and their robust BI practice management side.
- The colors could be customized for specialists
- Mapping and SQL [could be] a little easier
- Upgrades to be more streamlined and have less downtime
- I enjoyed working on this system and now work with others it is a solid system
- GE stands behind their product a leader in the industry
- I hope to in the future be part of this system again
It stacks up and can surpass most of the systems out there.GE has been a leader in their industry in healthcare since I started.
- Easy to manage users and troubleshooting the issues can be resolved quickly for end users.The use of the SSO and not having to log on multiple times.
- Centricity is able to be accessed remotely and 24/7 for the physicians who have weekend hours.The use of clinically speaking for dictation has been great for the specialty providers.
- As an application support person and analyst, mapping and use of HL7 allows HIE to be used and therefore providers will receive incentive points under MIPS.
- This system helps providers achieve PQRS/MU with many features built in to take the worries out of the tedious reporting.