Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Our business uses this for multiple functions across the organization. The main modules that we encompass are the payroll and HR related functions. This has helped improve efficiencies in multiple aspects including workflows which eliminates excess emails and data storage as the system/Cloud can store the data that we need. Overall our reporting has became better through the system and we are attempting to gain read only access to the backend database to write our own SQL’s.
Customization is limited but the support team and our in house team has found unique ways to tackle the issues we were facing. Also, the support team has consistently improved through my experience with Dayforce. Make sure to use the implementation consultants to the full extent and ask for views and techniques for the configuration aspect of the system. While Dayforce gives multiple guides to help guide the process hands on experience with configuration with the consultants can increase your knowledge base greatly before you open the Dig which is over 2000 pages.
Hope everyone’s experience has went well and please reach out to me for details on the items I have completed and lets network to continually better our use of the system.
- Payroll functionality increases efficiencies and allows for some customization for audits.
- Ability to create security roles and limit the data visible by user groups.
- Workflows and Form creation to complete data updates and approval procedures.
- Support team response as sometimes we will have back and forth while their team is researching but we have already completed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd level review on how to complete this ourselves and need more insight but not everything should go directly to professional services team to add additional costs.
- Ability to see what data elements need to be linked through topic builder and more information on the filter set up when creating reports.
- Backend database access to write own reports without using the front end userface.
- Increase manager self-service operations.
- ROI has proven itself as our shared services team has saved the company money.
- Employees enjoy one place to sign on to preform changes and see there payroll items in 1 location.
Reporting limitations has caused a few issues but we are creating templates to run multiple reports and pull all the data together into a single report to be sent.