The ASA will do almost anything you ask of it, if you know how to askhttps://www.trustradius.com/firewallsCisco ASAUnspecified8.31571012019-04-21T19:13:49.133Z
April 21, 2019
The ASA will do almost anything you ask of it, if you know how to ask
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco ASA
We use our Cisco ASA as a traditional firewall, inspecting and routing traffic. We also have Firepower running on it, which allows us to use it for content filtering.
- The ASA has been around forever, and has been proven to be a great firewall solution.
- ASAs are very versatile, running everything from VPNs and ACLs to content filtering.
- Running them in tangent with other Cisco routing solutions allows for a very diverse and secure setup.
- There are two types of technologists: ones who speak Cisco, and ones who don't. The ASA is no different from any Cisco device, in that it comes with a learning curve.
- These aren't consumer products, and they come with an enterprise price tag.
- Like many vendors, Cisco uses a java based admin consoles. This is its own special form of torture.
- The most positive effect the ASA has had on our org is the reliability and flexibility from adding Firepower.
- The main negative (besides cost) is occasionally needing a consultant to wrap our head around getting the ASA to do what we want. But this is more Cisco than the ASA, and we have a uniquely complex environment.