Overall Satisfaction with Cisco SD-WAN
We have deployed SD-WAN for all of our 200 offices across the globe out of 700. We are still migrating offices every week to SD-WAN. It addresses major challenges in our internet circuit loadsharing, getting rid of MPLS and saving cost.
- Cloud-managed Vmanage to manage all the Vedge routers in single pane GUI. This helps operations to manage the environment.
- Design flexibility with service insertion capabilities via control policies. This has turned out to be the key in our design.
- Cleaned up the global WAN design with a simple and straight design, easy to manage through APIs.
- We would like to get port channel functionality of Vedge routers soon because currently, our WAN is bigger than our LAN.
- We would like to get Vedge cloud routers in GCP. We want to connect with GCP and are in need of the Vedge cloud there which we were told it's not supported till March 2020.
- Positive impact with saving the cost on MPLS circuits. With automatic failovers and self-healing capabilities through BFDs we went confidently towards internet circuits and moved out of MPLS.
- Better Operationalize solution is SD-WAN.
- Cloud connect seems easier now, given that Vedges are available in Azure/AWS already.
We have evaluated Cisco Meraki, but didn't find it fitting to our requirement.