April 27, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
5520 Wireless Controller
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
WLC is used regionally across the organization. We have used DIA for guest users to optimize traffic across WAN. This is a recent implementation. This has also helped cloud and SAAS implementation and usage across a particular business unit that is more inclined towards cloud implementation. New wireless technology will only enhance the user experience across the firm.
- Regional implementation.
- AP management is one feature of LWAPP that is a huge departure from previous ways of doing things.
- WLC has a higher processing capability than an individual AP, which allows you to offer an even higher level of coordination among multiple WLCs.
- LWAPP offers a separation between the existent LAN traffic and the "new" wireless traffic, it simplifies network planning and traffic handling.
- Usage of HA SKU WLC and the way it is considered. More benefits should be given to customers.
- Configuration options can be a bit confusing.
- Web UI, performance management, and traffic management are not easy.
- Integration with ISE is extremely useful; Great ROI and worth the money spent.