Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
We sell WLC devices and access points to clients who then have us deploy and secure there wireless infrastructure. Some of these environments are very challenging due to client density and high usage of the ISM bands 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz. Most of these organizations have anywhere from 10 people to 75+ people onsite. Wireless is a business need so employees can work anywhere in the building. It also allows business to have hot desk environments for their mobile workforce.
- Cisco has ClearAir for self-optimizing wireless networks.
- [Cisco Wireless LAN] Controllers can be deployed in large and small environments.
- Lots of access points to choose from.
- Not as easy to deploy as Unifi Wireless Networks
- Lots of documentation to read thought to optimize the wireless network.
- Cisco management tools to ease deployments and map wifi propagation cost extra.
- Uses AirOS and not IOS.
- Works extremely well in large to medium environments.
- Allows your customers / end users to use wifi technologies with out issues.
- Allows companies to offer employee work environments that allow employees to be more productive.
Depending on your client needs you may want to go with a Unify system or Aruba controller less system if they are a small to medium business. The reason why we use Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, is due to how well they work in congested environments and have a wealth of configuration settings.
Do you think Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers's feature set?
Did Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers again?
Cisco [Wireless LAN Controllers] are well suited for large to medium environments that have challenging wifi spectrum issues. These controllers and access points also have a lot of configuration knobs to help you fine tune your configuration. [Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers] also support LACP trunking and other industry standard protocols and features. This allows this product line to inter operate with other network equipment.