CommVault - The Only Backup Solution One Needs!https://www.trustradius.com/data-center-backupCommvault Complete Backup & RecoveryUnspecified8.31031012019-01-02T19:25:16.264Z
January 02, 2019
CommVault - The Only Backup Solution One Needs!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with CommVault
CommVault has been instrumental in obtaining a working and streamlined approach to backing up all of our department's data securely and consistently. With many painstaking hours and headaches every day with a previous backup solution, we needed something that would free up man hours wasted with troubleshooting backups but also gain confidence back with superiors with backup restoration. CommVault came in solving not only those issues but many other issues which have not only given us confidence back in our backup solution but has also freed up many hours of time with the CommVault backup engineer.
- Consistency - Commvault is not like other backup solutions which need countless hours of engineer time to babysit and troubleshoot. It just works!
- Support - Commvault has an excellent team of support engineers when you need them the most. They resolve the issue right away which is nice.
- Cloud Support - CommVault has a lot of support and ability to back up the data to the cloud. They even offer encryption backups to the cloud as well.
- Complexity - Since CommVault is such a robust solution, it can be at times difficult to set up and manage if one has not attended proper training.
- Space - Depending on the size of your environment, the indexing and deduplication space requirement can get quite extensive.
- The biggest ROI investment I would have to highlight is in man hours. Despite the cost of CommVault, the countless hours that a company regains in their employees to put them to other tasks is the biggest investment that a company could gain.
Unlike the competitors, CommVault is a one-stop backup solution that can absorb any application or platform. The best thing about CommVault is you do not have to babysit it like its competitors. Due to our complex environment, CommVault was able to steal the platform and produce results that all the other solutions we have used in the past can't even come close to.
CommVault is well suited when it comes to large organizations that have different types of data: structured or unstructured. It is a one-stop solution that will satisfy any backup need but is quite costly. Smaller businesses may not have the need for the complexity or have the funding to implement this solution into their environment. If the company has a complex environment and wants a solid solution that requires little man hours to baby the product, then this is the product that will handle anything you can throw at it.