Great CMS for Savvy Developers and Novices Alikehttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsConcrete5Unspecified8.4621012014-06-10T21:40:09.766Z
June 10, 2014
Great CMS for Savvy Developers and Novices Alike
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Concrete5
I used Concrete5 to help several non-technical people design and publish web-based portals for their business.
- Providing a WYSIWYG interface for deploying enterprise-ready web portals for marketing and social media.
- Allowing non-technical designers to produce web technology using standard frameworks.
- Creating social media portals with role based authentication with very little effort.
- Better templating and cross-browser uniformity.
- A more cohesive framework for writing plugins.
- Expansion of the Concrete5 widget marketplace.
- Faster deployment
- Very low learning curve
- Non-developers can work on this without an IT staff, if the hosting is managed well.
It's very quick to stand up, supported by most hosting platforms, and easy and approachable to non-technical designers.
Concrete5 is suited for media and content-driven websites, and integrating those sites easily with social media. I would not use this product for, say, CRM or an Enterprise support application, it's not a replacement for J2EE and those sorts of technologies. Persistence is managed within the Concrete5 framework, so, rendering tables off an external database, for instance, is something you'd have to customize on your own.