Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
We purchased 3 modules of Cornerstone one year ago to use for the whole organization: Performance, Succession, and Compensation. We are actively using only the Performance module, only now completing our first full cycle in the system. Prior to CSOD our performance process was paper-based. During implementation, you trust your system is being set up in accordance to how you need the tool to work best for the organization. Our implementation period was really short, in some part driven by our own deadlines, but too short to feel comfortable with such a robust system. Disappointingly, implementation also seemed narrow focused on the first step of a cycle, not in the full picture to set up for interim and final stages of the full performance cycle. Customer service managers are helpful but often prefer to direct you to the general hotline (GPS) support for questions/concerns on the tool. CSOD has many avenues to seek answers, which is great once you feel confident in the tool. Initially, not knowing what you don't know, you can feel as though you purchased a product that doesn't quite work yet. The tool is very robust and complicated to set up. From the user side, it's mostly easy to use, though their system designers could apply more user interface principles.
- Some customer service managers were former customers, providing a resource that understands the admin struggle.
- A suite of modules to chose from to support organizational needs.
- Answers found in many locations, though need to invest some time in getting it. GPS hotline, e-community, weekly open forums, written texts.
- You pretty much need one resource dedicated to the tool to get the most effective use of the tool.
- Some fonts are so small, users miss the click. User interface can be improved.
- Administration of the tool can be daunting as you mostly learn by trial and error.
- We're just completing our first cycle. Half the organization is not embracing but cultural change factors into this.
- After 3yrs of use we did not renew and turned to a more simple design in system.
We purchased Ultimate Software after CSOD. Their module is much more simplistic and easier to use as an admin and an employee. For the size of our organization, it is an improvement.
- Reporting structures.
- Active tasks in the system are established based on current org structure. When you cross over fiscal years, this results in managers having new employees performance documents and assignments that should be aligned to the previous reporting manager.
- You can lose historical reference and complicate task completion.
Cornerstone OnDemand Feature Ratings
Using Cornerstone OnDemand
It took quite of bit of time, many calls with my CRM and several visits to their 'coffee chat' hours to get somewhat comfortable.
250 - When we used CSOD, all employees had access to the system for Performance Management. HR only had admin level access.
The CSOD tool is very robust. We probably used only 15% of the true functionality. It often frustrated though even our own HMI engineers and there are sections in the system that were not designed with users in mind. Too many clicks as one small example. The system is very robust. Someone with a strong HRIS background and some IT knowledge would be best to administer the tool effectively.
CSOD was not a right sized solution for our organization. It also requires too much dedication to the system to create what the tool is capable of becoming.
Do not like to use
Requires technical support
Not well integrated
Slow to learn
Feel nervous using
Lots to learn
- Goal tasks can be created by end users in two areas. The two areas don't sync information unless all steps of the task is completed. When employee behaviors are to take the quickest / fastest steps to complete performance docs. The task often doesn't get completed correctly therefore goal information is in either one of two places vs one.
Cornerstone OnDemand Support
The only reason I gave that high a rating is because my CRM was fantastic. She was the second CRM assigned to us. The first didn't understand our organization and wasn't well fit. After a push for a new contact, the second contact was fantastic is increasing my understanding of the system. Their Global Product Support (tech support), they often didn't understand the ticket requests and often I gave up on resolution.
Problems left unsolved
Need to explain problems multiple times
Kerry Feather was the second CRM assigned to our team and was fantastic. She took time to assist in understanding how information flows in the system. Since she came from an HR background, she understood the challenges and was able to explain. I came up against a tight deadline to release a task to the organization and she last minute hopped on a call with me to ensure the task was set up correctly and would launch w/o issue. It was high profile so her support last minute was huge.