Ultimate Software delivers cloud-based HCM solutions that help businesses accelerate talent acquisition, simplify payroll computations, manage time and attendance, and support proactive, strategic talent management.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3q/aN/WRAF11TI1Q5A.JPEGUltiPro For The Win!We use UltiPro across the whole organization and have several modules. We use onboarding, recruiting, payroll, time, compensation management etc...just to name a few. It has created a whole list of efficiencies for our department, making our life a whole lot easier. It has allowed us to go electronic from paper, our employees have a much better HRIS experience, the solutions are easy to use and have cut down our time.,Reporting through Business Intelligence. The reporting tool is great and allows you to create a report on any information in UltiPro in just a few seconds. Recruiting/Onboarding: those two tools have created a great candidate experience and have cut down on the amount of paper and time that we spend onboarding an employee. Support: we have a dedicated account manager if any issues were to arise. They also have customer support and you get a call back within 24 hours, although in my experience its always been sooner.,Time management. They are always improving the tool but that is where we have had the most challenge. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't talk to the core as well as the other products. Scheduling, requesting vacations...should be a bit easier for employees. Performance management. You should have the option to choose what type of rating system you want to go with.,10,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,ADP ezLaborManagerConsider Ultimate Software for your next HRIS system!We use UltiPro as our HRIS system across the whole organization. UltiPro has addressed many business problems we were having as our old system was very outdated, manual, and used a lot of paper to complete many of the tasks. We now can use the system for all areas of HR in one system and not have to be in multiple systems to complete tasks. Employees also are able to do more on their own profile, without submitting forms to HR to update. It also addressed the issue of saving paper and allowing employees to access pay stubs and tax forms at home along with submitting time off.,UltiPro assigns a representative to take you through the implementation of each module you set up for your company. A weekly meeting is set up and they help you set-up the module to customize for your needs/wants. It is very helpful to have them for the few weeks/months of implementation. UltiPro offers a customer success portal with many answers to questions you may have. You can check the portal, prior to submitting a case or calling a representative which can help save you time/wait time. UltiPro is customized to your company needs/wants.,Reporting in UTM would be an area that could be improved. Many reports for the time management system in UTM can not be accessed in the BI reports and are a little difficult to find a report. Extending the password reset date out further than 90 days.,10,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solutionFirst year look-back after making the switch to UltiproWe have been using Ultipro for just a little over a year now and love all the features. I had used Ultipro with a previous employer many years ago so I knew what it was capable of doing for my agency. We started out in 2017 utilizing the payroll feature and have since rolled out self-service. Our plans are to turn on the ATS for recruiting and performance management in the near future.,Cognos Analytics is one of the best features of Ultipro. There are no limits to the data you can get from Ultipro which makes it invaluable in ensuring we are on track with the budget. Employee self-service is a popular feature with our agency. They no longer have to come by HR to fill out forms or make changes and with a 24/7 business, this is a helpful tool. We are currently experimenting with the documents section to track progressive discipline. This is allowing supervisors and managers to see where they are and what improvements they need to work on.,It would be nice if there was an area for tracking progressive discipline and hopefully that will be coming in the future. Cognos Analytics is a great product but can be difficult for some to use. The web-based classes can be a bit challenging with the volume of students and the inability to truly interact with an instructor one-on-one.,9,Costs savings Time savings,ADP GlobalView HCM and PaycorGreat platformI used Ultipro for years at my previous company until I left in April 2018. Our entire company used the platform for payroll management. It made it really easy to request time off, view my PTO hours, and view my paychecks.,The platform is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate compared to other payroll systems I've used. It's really easy to log in and view or print your previous paychecks, which saved a lot of time when I was applying for a mortgage and could just print my own documents instead of requesting them from HR. It was also easy to see how much PTO time I had already used and how much I had left throughout the year. It's a big bonus that they have a mobile app with full functionality as well.,I have nothing negative to say about the platform.,10,Time savings Security and peace of mind,Replicon TimeAttendUltimate Software-#1 in my book!We are using UltiPro throughout our whole company. We use it for HR, Payroll, Talent Management, Learning, Performance Reviews...etc.,I think UltiPro has great customer service. They have a support team that you can call into and they seem to all be pretty knowledgeable at what issue is at hand and they can walk you through it. If they can't, they escalate the issue to another team that specifically deals with the issue at hand. You also have a dedicated account manager/team that is appointed to you to help you with anything that arises. The interface of their platforms are very user-friendly. It didn't take much training on our employee's parts to know how the system worked for their needs. I recently attended Connections which is Ultimate's yearly user conference. It was very well organized and they really tried accommodating everyone there. They had plenty of their staff to help people with questions or help them get around in the hotel to find classes. There seemed to be a class/session for every topic imaginable and all classes that I took were very informative. They really engaged their clients when executives from the company talked to all of us as a whole. They also really seem to care about family and charities and their staff.,One of the functionality features that I wish could be changed is when you are within certain screens in UltiPro. Wen you click on a bullet item you want to get to, it takesyou to that screen which shuts out the current screen you were in. For ex: if I want to stay in the Payroll Gateway but need to look at a timesheet, I want the Payroll Gateway page to stay open but also have the timesheet opened at the same time. This would just save time to not have to navigate back and forth.,9,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,Microsoft Dynamics SL
UltiPro

UltiPro Reviews

UltiPro
Top Rated Award
Filter 695 vetted UltiPro reviews and ratings
May 09, 2018

User Review: "UltiPro For The Win!"

• Reporting through Business Intelligence. The reporting tool is great and allows you to create a report on any information in UltiPro in just a few seconds.
  • Recruiting/Onboarding: those two tools have created a great candidate experience and have cut down on the amount of paper and time that we spend onboarding an employee.
  • Support: we have a dedicated account manager if any issues were to arise. They also have customer support and you get a call back within 24 hours, although in my experience its always been sooner.
  • Time management. They are always improving the tool but that is where we have had the most challenge. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't talk to the core as well as the other products. Scheduling, requesting vacations...should be a bit easier for employees.
  • Performance management. You should have the option to choose what type of rating system you want to go with.
Global companies, companies with employees over 100, multistate employers and anybody looking to improve their HRIS system. Companies with only a few employees would not be best suited for this product as I think it is meant for mid-large size companies. Ultipro also offers a lot of support for Canadian companies.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have achieved time savings, consolidation and security. The time savings piece made a huge difference in our department because we were spending a lot of time tracking different HR related items on spreadsheets, we were using a lot of paper and we weren't as efficient as a department. With UltiPro we were able to accomplish a lot of things that we couldn't when we didn't have this product.
Read Natalie Ruth Hategan's full review
April 27, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Consider Ultimate Software for your next HRIS system!"

• UltiPro assigns a representative to take you through the implementation of each module you set up for your company. A weekly meeting is set up and they help you set-up the module to customize for your needs/wants. It is very helpful to have them for the few weeks/months of implementation.
  • UltiPro offers a customer success portal with many answers to questions you may have. You can check the portal, prior to submitting a case or calling a representative which can help save you time/wait time.
  • UltiPro is customized to your company needs/wants.
  • Reporting in UTM would be an area that could be improved. Many reports for the time management system in UTM can not be accessed in the BI reports and are a little difficult to find a report.
  • Extending the password reset date out further than 90 days.
UltiPro offers a lot of training classes and a full library of questions and answers online for easy access to train yourself/team or get an answer to your question quickly. You can access UltiPro anywhere you have internet access!
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have been able to achieve many of these outcomes using UltiPro and are continuing to achieve these outcomes with future modules we will be implementing in our second year with UltiPro. We were able to save on time and money by allowing employees to update their information online, submit their time/time off requests and to view their pay stubs and tax information. Prior to UltiPro, all that information was provided to HR by paper from all employees. This wasted paper, but also manual time from employees and HR representatives by adding into the old system. We are now able to utilize one system for all HR functions and don't have to be in multiple systems to complete payroll, benefits, time management and have been able to eliminate many excel spreadsheets with the reporting functions available in BI reporting!
Read Megan Skuya's full review
April 24, 2018

Review: "First year look-back after making the switch to Ultipro"

• Cognos Analytics is one of the best features of Ultipro. There are no limits to the data you can get from Ultipro which makes it invaluable in ensuring we are on track with the budget.
  • Employee self-service is a popular feature with our agency. They no longer have to come by HR to fill out forms or make changes and with a 24/7 business, this is a helpful tool.
  • We are currently experimenting with the documents section to track progressive discipline. This is allowing supervisors and managers to see where they are and what improvements they need to work on.
  • It would be nice if there was an area for tracking progressive discipline and hopefully that will be coming in the future.
  • Cognos Analytics is a great product but can be difficult for some to use. The web-based classes can be a bit challenging with the volume of students and the inability to truly interact with an instructor one-on-one.
Ultipro is a great product for our business due to the 24/7 nature of the workforce. The ability to access self-service and make changes, print pay stubs, change taxes, direct deposit, etc., makes it easier for the Human Resources staff. It also makes open enrollment a breeze where in the past we utilized paper forms.
  • Time savings
We have definitely achieved cost and time savings using Ultipro. We hope that once we turn on some of the additional features things will continue to improve.
Read Linda Hendley, PHR, SHRM-CP's full review
September 24, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Great platform"

• The platform is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate compared to other payroll systems I've used.
  • It's really easy to log in and view or print your previous paychecks, which saved a lot of time when I was applying for a mortgage and could just print my own documents instead of requesting them from HR.
  • It was also easy to see how much PTO time I had already used and how much I had left throughout the year.
  • It's a big bonus that they have a mobile app with full functionality as well.
  • I have nothing negative to say about the platform.
I think Ultipro makes sense for any business with a large workforce of salaried employees.
  • Security and peace of mind
I definitely feel Ultipro has helped me to save time by making it so easy to navigate to the information I need and perform tasks with very few steps involved. I also feel confident my information was secure, which gave me great peace of mind.
Read Sarah Stauber's full review
May 01, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Ultimate Software-#1 in my book!"

• I think UltiPro has great customer service. They have a support team that you can call into and they seem to all be pretty knowledgeable at what issue is at hand and they can walk you through it. If they can't, they escalate the issue to another team that specifically deals with the issue at hand. You also have a dedicated account manager/team that is appointed to you to help you with anything that arises.
  • The interface of their platforms are very user-friendly. It didn't take much training on our employee's parts to know how the system worked for their needs.
  • I recently attended Connections which is Ultimate's yearly user conference. It was very well organized and they really tried accommodating everyone there. They had plenty of their staff to help people with questions or help them get around in the hotel to find classes. There seemed to be a class/session for every topic imaginable and all classes that I took were very informative. They really engaged their clients when executives from the company talked to all of us as a whole. They also really seem to care about family and charities and their staff.
  • One of the functionality features that I wish could be changed is when you are within certain screens in UltiPro. Wen you click on a bullet item you want to get to, it takesyou to that screen which shuts out the current screen you were in. For ex: if I want to stay in the Payroll Gateway but need to look at a timesheet, I want the Payroll Gateway page to stay open but also have the timesheet opened at the same time. This would just save time to not have to navigate back and forth.
UltiPro has been a great choice for us. We are overall very happy with the decision. We met with several other companies through our process of trying to find the right solution for us. We are excited for the upcoming features that UltiPro has on their roadmap and can't wait to start using them as they become released.
  • Security and peace of mind
Before we moved to UltiPro, our HR management and Payroll management were under a variety of different programs. Now with UltiPro, it's so much easier to all be under the same platform.
Read Nicole Cotner's full review
April 30, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Great product and customer service!"

We currently use the Core HR product across the organization for HR management, payroll processing and reporting. After six months we added the time and attendance module and after one year we added Recruiting and Onboarding. We are currently contemplating adding the Compensation module. Each implementation was well planned and customer support is excellent. With Ultipro we have been able to provide a full employee self service solution and have been expanding the manager self service features. We were able to streamline many manual processes that we had in the past.
  • They offer a robust security setup that is easy to maintain
  • They provide customers with a full portal of user guides, videos and web based training for all aspects of their platform-along with immediate assistance by phone or chat
  • Business Intelligence reporting capabilities are fantastic
  • I wish the time and attendance module was more admin user friendly or there was more training available -in order to learn how to configure on our own without having to create a service request
  • It would be nice if the withholdings could be directly sent to CRA or withdrawn form a customer account in order to speed up processing-currently we receive a payment services invoice and then pay the invoice
The online presence and access anywhere is a key feature with Ultipro. They have also launched a mobile phone app.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have certainly had time savings moving from manual recruiting and time keeping to an automated process.
Read Katharine O'Neill's full review

"UltiPro Review"

We currently use UltiPro for our HR and finance needs. We love the onboarding feature specifically. UltiPro is currently being used across the whole organization as a resource for all employees to access their information and company data.
  • The reporting capabilities are great and are a very helpful resource when reporting information to employees and senior leaders.
  • It's great at streamlining current processes.
  • UltiPro enables employees to be able to self serve which is a great time saver for HR professionals.
  • Recruiting Gateway needs some improving but I think this is currently in the works.
  • Setting up deductions can be challenging.
UltiPro is great for medium size businesses when the HR department is particularly small.
Easier analysis of our headcount trends and working towards a paperless HR department.
Read Jalene Toy's full review
April 25, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Fantastic HRIS"

Our company utilizes UltiPro for all HRIS needs: Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time Management, and Performance Management. It is used across the organization for 900 employees. For us, the move to UltiPro presented an opportunity for a fully integrated HRIS that could manage employee data internally throughout the employee life cycle, and also integrate with external systems as needed.
  • Customizable to suit the organization's unique needs.
  • Very user-friendly for front-end users and back-end administrators.
  • Powerful reporting capabilities.
  • The existing Time Management module has many weaknesses, but these are all being addressed in a new version to be released soon.
  • Service requests can occasionally take a long time to receive attention and be completed, depending on time of year.
UltiPro has worked well for us starting at around 600 employees and now up to 900. The integration between modules has helped automate a lot of manual processes for us. It's a very powerful service that can be used in whatever way best suits the organization. I recommend having an HRIS expert on hand to really help achieve its full potential.
  • Security and peace of mind
All outcomes have been achieved for us. It's a good cost model for mid-market clients. Much time has been saved through automation of manual processes. All data is in one place and flows from piece to piece seamlessly. And we haven't had any security issues.
Read Andrew Pitchford, SHRM-CP's full review
April 25, 2018

"UltiPro User Review - Great Product!"

We use basically every module UltiPro has to offer so it is solving all aspects of human resources: benefits, payroll, time, recruiting, employee surveys, document space, performance reviews, and more. We are a holding company with 8 affiliates all using UltiPro. The security functionality allows us to restrict each company to only seeing info for their specific companies: job titles, salary grades, employee info, etc.

The fact that all these modules are housed in one system makes data integration a breeze. All info is shared internally between modules and externally with vendors through custom-built APIs that can generate on whatever frequency is needed.
  • Data integration is perhaps the best aspect of UltiPro. Employees enter information during onboarding which is transferred to their employee profile. They then enter benefit elections which are transferred to both payroll and benefits modules. There are many interactions like this that make it so easy to use.
  • UltiPro's customer success portal is always a big draw. We're able to put in a case and have it in resolution within 24-48 hours on most cases. They are quick and efficient to correct any issues that may arise.
  • The Perception employee survey tool is one of the most intuitive, advanced tools I've seen. It analyzes open source text responses from employee surveys to extract emotions. It's a great way to gauge employee engagement.
  • The time module (UltiPro Time Management) is somewhat difficult to use but they are rolling out a new time module in 2019 that should replace this.
UltiPro is wonderful for mid-size to large corporations due to the capacity to handle so many modules in one system. Having thousands of employees that have to move from system to system is cumbersome and vulnerable to errors so UltiPro is great for larger corporations to avoid that.

It might be a little complex for smaller companies with too much under the hood.
  • Security and peace of mind
The security feature is out of this world. There are tons of background processes running to look for fraud when it comes to direct deposit account changes, address changes, and more. We've been alerted on a couple occasions in the 3+ years after implementation that someone's account was suspiciously changed. After investigating, UltiPro was able to contact the employee and secure their profile before any money could ever be deposited into the fraudulent account.
Read Ryan Campbell's full review

"UltiPro Review"

We use it across the whole organization. Employees use it to access their pay information, make benefits elections, change dependents, etc. As administrators, it is our system of records and pushes data to other systems, such as our performance management system, Cornerstone. We use it for timekeeping, payroll, reporting, benefits, and so forth.

It has allowed us to run a multi-state company, with all users having access to their information timely. It allows us to reduce manual process (i.e., Open Enrollment).

• Easy to use - minimal training needed to end users.
  • One stop shop. They really provide the entire suite of HR system needs.
  • Customer service and communication. They offer great, timely service and are constantly communicating changes in legislation, etc. to their users.
  • Time Keeping. System could use an upgrade (UTM).
  • Performance Management

Well suited for companies that have many business locations and perhaps does not have HR onsite. Allows managers to enter transactions in the system through a manager self-service and can be directed through an approval process. Also for data-driven companies, has strong reporting tool with scheduled reports, dashboards, etc.

Less appropriate for perhaps a company that has strong scheduling needs. We used UltiPro at my last organization but we had to utilize a different vendor for our timekeeping and scheduling.

• Consolidating HR administration under a single solution

UltiPro provides most of the full suite, however we do utilize other vendors for a few pieces (performance and recruiting), however we are open to exploring their performance piece.

Cost savings is happening vs. using separate systems for each module would cost. However, I believe Ultimate is fairly pricey compared to other HRIS vendors but are open to negotiating contracts, etc.

Read Michelle Seirafipour's full review
April 24, 2018

User Review: "UltiPro is wonderful!"

UltiPro is being used organization-wide. We use payroll, recruitment, onboarding, life events, talent management and perceptions in addition to the basic core system. UltiPro has helped us go paperless by offering solutions in onboarding to provide new hire documents to applicants prior to their first day. They have also released a document acknowledgment feature that has eliminated the need to make hundreds of copies of items and track as they come in.
  • The UltiPro system is easy to implement. We did it with two HR employees and had minimal IT involvement.
  • The UltiPro reporting system is robust and you don't need to be an IT professional to use it.
  • UltiPro's platform configure feature helps you make the system fit your company.
  • While UltiPro offers a lot of wonderful training, it would be helpful to have access to checklists of the full process on items. For example, if you have to add a new location, we have submitted it before to our account manager, but it was never sent to taxes.....we assumed one ticket was the only thing needed.
UltiPro can easily be used for all types of companies. It may be a little more robust for startup companies.
  • Time savings
We have already begun saving time with UltiPro. This year we plan on rolling out more features to our management team and empowering them with the management tools available.
Read Heather Harrington's full review
July 03, 2018

"UltiPro Review"

UltiPro managed services is being used as the HR application for the whole organization, and payroll/benefits.
  • Great interface
  • Easy functionality and user-friendly
  • UI is easy to navigate!
  • Color Schemes can be improved
Great for an agent/manager/leader perspective of managing payroll. From punch-in to a whole team view aspect.
  • Time savings
Great time saving as in views and driving management, which leads to cost saving.
Read Roy Huron's full review
May 10, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Customer for 17+ years"

UltiPro is used across whole org. We use Back Office for processing our payroll and setting up deductions and earnings. We use the web portal for employee self service, open enrollment, UTM and just added Onboarding.
  • Reporting is great, there are multiple options for reporting. You have canned reports and you have Cognos Business Intelligence. I am able to use the tax reporting from UltiPro to file all my Federal and State reporting.
  • Support is outstanding. From your named service representative to logging on to the Customer Support to create a case or need of Rapid Response for time sensitive needs, you can count on Ultimate Support to take care of the issue.
  • Continuing upgrades to programs to meet industry needs
  • Some times when a support case is completed and issue fixed, the explanation of what caused the issue is not very clear.
  • Connection issues at times, rare, but seem to hit at the worst times.
If you are looking for a system that can fit small companies to large global UltiPro is a great solution.
Read Julie Eggebeen's full review
April 25, 2018

UltiPro: "The Ultimate Review Experience"

It is being used across the whole organization.

[We're] Using it for time management, employee vacation time and payroll have been great as well as the recruiting portion. We didn't have a system before, so it is nice to have everything at our fingertips.

• Managing timeoff and tracking of hours
  • Timesheet management
  • Tracking of candidates
  • Building your own report in IBM Cognos can be overwhelming
  • Wish we could a hold a job posting without having to close and ropen
  • Building the performance management has been a challenge
Read Jenn Bjornstad-Helgerson's full review
September 14, 2018

UltiPro Review: "A Huge Disappointment"

We use UltiPro to house all of our employee information, position management, and wage information. We process payroll for 4 different companies within the system. We chose Ultipro, because it gave us the ability to report unemployment to multiple states/locations for individual employees all within one pay period. We also use various reporting, including exports for our general ledger system, benefits, and 401k provider.
  • If you dial in to the Rapid Response Team, they are generally pretty quick to help you with your issue. They will also create a case with the details, which sends you an email.
  • There is a fairly extensive variety of reports available.
  • I will say that we have had very few technical issues or bugs, which is important when you're working with a deadline to process payrolls or send reports to the executive team.
  • I cannot say enough about my frustrations with the Tax Services Department. We are receiving notices almost weekly for taxes that are not being filed and paid at all or not on time. I upload the notices to a case, and I get not reply. We have had to contact tax agencies ourselves and pay late fees directly, because our open cases are ignored for two months or more. I recently had to contact a state and set us up under an installment plan, because taxes hadn't been filed; and we were going to have a lien placed against us. I recently closed out a tax account, myself, with a state; because a zero return wasn't being filed as it should have been. We weren't sure if we'd process with that pay group/state again; but I closed it out to prevent further penalties and notices. Just today, I contacted another state; because I had received a notice to appear before them, due to our 2nd quarter unemployment return not being filed. It's mid-September. It is beyond frustrating that I get ZERO communication or apology, while I continue to take time out of my workload to handle tax issues that we are billed and pay for. I email our NTR directly, and I still can't get a reply. I can't stress the frustration of this enough.
  • If you call with one specific issue, the person on the other end of the phone is only knowledgeable in that console or area of the system. You either have to call back or be transferred around to get help with your remaining question.
  • Communication is a huge deficit. Just reply to clients and let them know that you're looking into something, even if you don't have the answer or resolution yet. You send out a thousand marketing emails a week, but a client can't get a resolution on a case for over 2 months.
If you have a very simple tax profile, then maybe they'll be better for you. Tax reporting seems to be their biggest deficit.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro has added to my workload with spending time almost daily addressing tax issues. I don't really think that their system is intuitive, but I have gotten more used to it. I wish they offered one on one training for new users, instead of making you watch videos or wait for a session to sign up for.
April 24, 2018

User Review: "Happy New User of Ultipro"

We are using Ultipro as our payroll and HRIS system. We recruit, onboard, enroll in benefits, use performance reviews, track PTO all in Ultipro. We have gone totally paperless! Managers have access to appropriate employee data to allow management and reporting of all things payroll and HR via the system.
  • Open enrollment was a tremendous success over prior years. All the options were available, employees made their elections, auditing was easy, and there was no double or triple entry required.
  • Performance Management was much improved for us over prior years, no more emailing, printing, scanning documents back and forth. And all reviews are stored in the system for future reference.
  • Payroll is such a breeze compared to our previous process. Changes are easy to make and the payroll is easy to review before you finalize.
  • The PTO tracking in Core is weak. There is no calendar to show who else on your team is on PTO as there is in UTM. You cannot see when you are requesting PTO how many days you have available. You can request PTO on a holiday or weekend and the system doesn't stop or warn you. You can request more days than you have available and it doesn't warn you. You can enter multiple requests for the same day and the system will allow it. There is much room for improvement in this functionality.
  • Salary grades are not very useful for us. Many of our employees receive a significant amount of pay via commission and bonus. There is no functionality to account for incentive pay in the salary grades.
  • Data feeds have been painful for us to get up and running. I believe it may be the Ultipro consultant versus functionality. We just got assigned a new consultant, so hopefully, we are on the right track now.
The implementation team assigned to us was awesome. They were supportive, talked us through how to set up the system to best suit our structure, trained and coached us to go live. Post go-live it is so refreshing to place a call and get support! The payroll process is very smooth, and we are gradually expanding the HRIS modules; performance reviews, open enrollment, salary grades and Job details...
  • Security and peace of mind

Much more functionality at two thirds the cost of ADP.

It is easier and faster to process payroll; adding mass changes like annual increases is much easier. There is little manual entry required versus how we were using ADP. We may not have been using the ADP system to its potential but we were unable to get assistance on how to use it.

The electronic employee record is awesome! All the employee data in one place, and no filing paper!

July 03, 2018

User Review: "UltiPro Payroll"

UltiPro was used to process our payroll across the whole organization.
  • Easy to record time easily and users said it was user-friendly.
  • Reporting capabilities within the system were used regularly and with ease.
  • Updates were made timely and applicable with minimal impact once rolled out.
  • User interface was pretty outdated and could use a refreshed look.
UltiPro is a solid system. The interface is outdated, but capabilities are fine for a mid-sized company.
  • Other
Consolidating HR under one solution has not been achieved. Other services/options were used for HR administration, ATS, and Performance.
April 27, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Just implemented Payroll. HRIS only before"

Ultipro is a good system for Domestic Payroll.
  • Benefits Enrollment
  • Payroll
  • Business Intelligence
  • Implementation was rough. Our Ultimate Software implementation consultant left our project 1/2 way through our implementation and we were outsourced to a consulting firm. Little information was passed between consultants and we actually were reassigned a third person at the consulting firm, who eventually helped us get it done.
Reporting tools are great. Payroll, once implemented, works great.
April 23, 2018

User Review: "UltiPro is the Ultimate solution!"

UltiPro is being used by our home office employees and about 100 users in our field force. We use it to manage time, process payroll, carry out performance reviews, update compensation and run reports. In 2016, we will implement recruiting and onboarding.
  • Reporting capabilities are fantastic and relatively easy to use with some training.
  • User friendly and intuitive.
  • Customer Service is outstanding. We may not always get the answer we want but response times and resolutions are quick turnarounds.
  • Performance Management could be improved from a path viewpoint. There are some steps that aren't necessary and are a bit cumbersome.
  • The Compensation Management module is a bit clunky for administrators. It should function more like the Performance Management module since they are typically tied together.
  • The Time Management module could be spruced up to take out some of the extra information that confuses users - this isn't very configurable.
  • Business Intelligence reporting could be improved by making the selection of data easier to find. Perhaps including a search function rather than scouting through different tables and items.
This is a huge step up from our mainframe environment and has reduced IT resources that were previously needed for reporting. It isn't perfect and can't meet everything we need but we are working with what we have and overcoming challenges.
April 02, 2018

"UltiPro Review by Manufacturing"

We utilize UltiPro as our HCM system for payroll, HR, and Time.
  • UltiPro is very user friendly on the HR side as far as entering new hires, terminations, transfers, rate changes, etc.
  • Employees find UltiPro easy to use to change their address, withholdings, and view their pay statements.
  • Ease of running reports.
  • Automation of wage attachments, tax filings, etc. without having to wait for an email that states "run this report of that report."
  • Canada Payment Services should be able to submit all taxes, not just Canada Revenue Agency and Employer Health Tax. This adds a burden on us to wire funds to agencies.
  • Canada wage attachments should be sent through Payment Services.
[It is] well suited for companies under 1500 employees without too many customs or complexities. Its not suited for manufacturing with multiple union contracts and earnings with complex calculations. Its also not suited for companies with employees and facilities in Canada.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have consolidated all our entities from five different HR/Payroll systems into one, UltiPro. However, many customs had to be built as well (and are still being built).
March 21, 2018

"UltiPro Core HR/Payroll and UTM Solution Review"

It is being used across the whole organization and has enabled employees to manage their own information regarding emergency contacts, direct deposit, W-4, address, telephone number, and taxes. We currently use Core HR/Payroll and UTM. UltiPro allowed us to consolidate our solutions used for HR and enabled our HR team to be more self-sufficient.
  • Employee Self-Service - This is a strength because it is easy to use and allows the user to manage their personal information.
  • Business Intelligence Reporting - The IBM Cognos solution used is robust and flexible and is easy for someone with BI experience to create and manage custom reports.
  • Adding a new hire to the system - This process is simple and easy and value rules can be used to make this even simpler.
  • UTM PTO Balances - These are inaccurate when you are processing timesheets in arrears and the balance brought back in from Core HR/Payroll is inconsistent with what is in UTM.
  • GL Actual Accrual Reporting - It was suggested to move to bi-weekly payroll but then there is no way to report on the actual accrual on a monthly basis. I have heard a report is in development but is not available yet.
  • Mobile App - The mobile app works great for what is working but it has taken a long time to get timesheets incorporated and is still not ready yet so we have not rolled it out to the organization. When this comes, we will have to test thoroughly.
UltiPro is a good solution and works well as a Software and as a Service HR solution. The employee self-service and payroll functionality are top-notch. The UTM solution for smaller companies could use additional work but UltiPro is planning to roll out a Time solution for 2019 and 2020 so hopefully, that addresses some of our concerns.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have not yet achieved significant time savings as we just transitioned to UltiPro in July 2017 but I attended Ultimate Connections 2018 and do believe there are significant opportunities for us to get there with what I saw at the conference. We have consolidated two HR applications into one with UltiPro as we had a separate core HR/payroll and Timekeeping solution prior to UltiPro. We are planning to roll out Recruiting and Onboarding later this year which will further consolidate our solution.
Read Robert W. Staples, III., P.E.'s full review
March 13, 2018

User Review: "HR view of Ultipro"

We use Ultipro in our HR and Payroll departments, but it is also used across the organization with employee self-service.
  • They really listen to their customers.
  • They continue to add new features
  • They have a lot of training classes and hands-on learning opportunities that really helped me do more as users.
  • I would like to have the ability to do mass updates for employee data besides just supervisor changes
  • When we move an employee from one company to another we have to re-enter their deductions which if an employee has a lot, could be very time consuming and/or missed in the process
  • In Business Intelligence it would be nice to have a search feature to quickly find what you're looking for, I spend a lot of time searching for less commonly used fields
If you're wanting to go more paperless this is a great software! Going from paper open enrollment to 100% electronic has been great! Having staff get their pay stubs, their W-2's and 1095's has saved us in postage fees and time. Staff can update their address, direct deposit, and W-4 in employee self-service so that has eliminated that paperwork too.
  • Other
Ultipro has definitely consolidated our HR administration under a single solution. With Ultipro we don't have to think twice about our users' security. Time savings has probably been my favorite feature.
Read Rachel Russ's full review
February 19, 2018

UltiPro Review: "Gets the job done as long as your expectations are realistic"

We use Ultipro as our Human Capital Management Software - at one time or another, we've had their entire suite of existing products for mid-market from payroll to talent management to time and labor. Our HR team owns Ultipro but we partner closely with Accounting and Finance and other teams within the org as Ulti is considered the primary system of record for any employee information.
  • Benefits Administration - their tool definitely checks all of the boxes and once you understand the importance of effective dating, it integrates well with payroll. The enrollment events are customizable and the customer support for this product suite is strong.
  • Payroll is also done well. They are consistently fast and comprehensive with their compliance updates and they do a good job of keeping their customers in the loop when things do change. Their customer support and customer communities are also strong though their support teams can get backed up at key times of the year.
  • Their reporting tool is a nightmare and they are well aware. They are running an extremely old version of Cognos and for anything complicated, it's basically unusable for an HR professional. Customer reports are very challenging if you don't know how to write code and then of course you have to pay their consultants to do the work if it doesn't get done during implementation. There's no way that this solution could ever be deployed outside of HR as it would be unusable for business stakeholders on a self service basis. The caveat I'll make here is that they are about to update it so they realize how bad the situation is.
  • Time and Attendance has its pro's and con's. If you need non-exempt employees to track their hours and you want the tool to integrate with payroll, it's largely fine. But there are some issues to be aware of. 1) Time and Attendance was not built by UltiPro. It was acquired and integrated with the rest of their suite. While this isn't uncommon in the HR Tech industry, it's caused all of the usual problems here. The most frustrating problem I've experienced is service limitations. There seem to be a very small number of customer service reps who really know the time and attendance module so issues linger. 2) Time and Attendance is not a true scheduling tool. If you run a complex business with multiple shifts, etc. do not expect to use UltiPro for the scheduling piece. It will not integrate well with whatever software stores business information driving scheduling and it's just cumbersome. Tracking hours, yes. Scheduling, no.
If you are running a more traditional HR shop where the focus is on operations and not really L&D or Talent Management, Ultipro will suit you. Their core HR is strong and their Talent Management is also good, if not a little traditional. If this is your first HRIS, however, there are cheaper options to solve the problems of a typical business without a system.
UltiPro certainly checks the box for ben admin and payroll. In terms of performance management, it is not fungible enough to do the things we want to do from a conversation tracking perspective. We have done a lot of work to rethink performance management and have consequently exceeded the capabilities that Ultipro has. I am most please with them as a payroll provider. They do everything you need them to do and we've never had a single problem that they've been responsible for.
Read Amy Gulati, MBA, GPHR, SPHR, PHRca's full review
December 26, 2017

User Review: "UltiPro Rocks!"

We are currently using UltiPro across the whole organization, however, it's mainly used in Human Resources. The business processes it addresses are reporting of data. With the robust standard reports and Business Intelligence feature we are able to extract more data with UltiPro and have more custom reporting abilities. Recruitment has allowed us the ability to move from paper to an electronic solution for searching candidates and hiring them. The file transfers allow us to communicate employee changes to vendors via a streamlined data flow for vendors.
  • UltiPro's Business Intelligence feature allows users of the system to run robust reports, analyze the data, and create reports that suite their needs. One of the best features is the ability to email these to multiple individuals in the organziation with ease.
  • UltiPro's platform configuration allows users to configure fields on pages that do not currently exist, control the access to already system delivered fields. This is a newer feature that is really cool for system administrators to use and have more flexibility within the system.
  • UltiPros' payroll capabilites allow you to import data into payroll without extensive data entry, and the process is simple to follow.
  • One of the features that I would like to see improved is the search capability within the employee page. Currently you are not able to search in the new window that pops up - you are only allowed to arrow between employees, which can take more time than a search or drop down list.
  • I would like to see the Compensation Management module have the ability to base salary increase on anniversary date. This functionality would make it easier to administer pay.
  • I would like the ability as a recruitment administrator to have the ability to see the Hiring Manager view. This is an area that is difficult to help users with when you are not able to have both Hiring Manager and Administrator roles.
I really love UltiPro and the system offers great functionality for HR/Payroll professionals. I would recommend this system to anyone who is interested in UltiPro.

Some of the key questions to ask during the selection process are:

1. Does UltiPro interface with other systems they use?
  2. What are the security capabilities?
  3. How does Ultimate store your data and what is the disaster recovery plan?
We have been able to reduce the amount of paper used by encouraging employees to enter personal, tax, and pay information using the employee self service. In addition, we are currently in the process of online performance reviews and compensation. This will eliminate the need for paper and filing space will be freed up due to these changes.
Read Jessica Humphreys, CPP's full review
December 12, 2017

Review: "UltiPro - Excellent Solution, Very Happy"

Our organization has roughly 1900 employees, operating 137 retail locations across 5 states as well as our manufacturing and distribution facility. We switched from ADP payroll and Kronos time and attendance to Ultimate Software's UltiPro in January of this year. We implemented their full suite of HCM and payroll services and have been extremely happy with both the product and the support. Of the 4 options we considered (ADP, Kronos, Ceridian, and UltiPro), we felt UltiPro was the most user-friendly for today as well as the most nimble and capable of adapting as our organization continues to grow and evolve. We also felt their focus on customer service (based on both client feedback and their company culture) were a great fit with our organization.

Using UltiPro has allowed us to streamline business processes, reducing the number of people who have to 'touch' a process as well as the number of steps while providing visibility across functions and departments. It's helped us become much more efficient and effective and to adopt best practices we could not have prior to implementing the system. We're still learning how to best leverage the system and its tools and, I suspect, this optimization will continue for the next 12-24 months as we continue to uncover better ways to work.

• Very nimble and able to be customized to your organization's specific needs; both in initial configuration and beyond.
  • Robust reporting and analytics capabilities.
  • Well integrated since all modules/functions are under one umbrella rather than 'bolting on' functions from various providers.
  • Excellent service and support.
  • Time management lacks a little for retail environments. Needs the ability to retain, repeat and publish schedules +30 days in advance as well as the ability to accommodate floating holidays more easily.
  • Our Payroll department would prefer month-end reports to be auto-generated as they were with our prior system (ADP), but this is a minor preference issue, not one of functionality.
  • Implementation was compressed into a 90 day window; would have preferred a longer time due to the additional work this required in a very tight window along with all other end-of-year items.
Time management could be more nimble for retail environments, otherwise, we've been very pleased with the entire suite of services. No, leave management tool; have to add services from another vendor and integrate.
  • Other
We have improved business processes since implementing UltiPro and become more efficient and effective. We have not yet implemented recruiting and onboarding, but expect these will increase our efficiency and effectiveness once online. We are very excited about the talent management and succession planning tools now available to our managers and expect these will help us become more nimble in engaging with and managing our workforce.

We replaced multiple disparate systems with UltiPro and have seen great improvements due to all functions being within one unified system. We're 12 months into this process and expect the trend to continue; especially over the next 12 months and beyond.
Read David Caffroy's full review

Employee demographic data (375)
Employment history (384)
Job profiles and administration (366)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (363)
Organizational charting (308)
Organization and location management (327)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (258)
Pay calculation (347)
Support for external payroll vendors (164)
Benefit plan administration (324)
Direct deposit files (343)
Salary revision and increment management (267)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (233)
Balance details (249)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (209)
View and generate pay and benefit information (384)
Update personal information (384)
9.2
View company policy documentation (266)
Employee recognition (150)
View job history (379)
Tracking of all physical assets (99)
Report builder (363)
Pre-built reports (364)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (253)
New hire portal (242)
Manager tracking tools (200)
Corporate goal setting (129)
Individual goal setting (157)
Line-of sight-visibility (113)
Performance tracking (149)
Performance plans (193)
Performance improvement plans (157)
Review status tracking (197)
Review reminders (178)
Multiple review frequency (151)
Create succession plans/pools (77)
Candidate ranking (73)
Candidate search (78)
Candidate development (75)
Job Requisition Management (206)
Company Website Posting (200)
Publish to Social Media (149)
Job Search Site Posting (181)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (164)
Applicant Tracking (199)
Notifications and Alerts (183)

About UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s UltiPro® cloud HR, payroll, and talent solution is designed with the goal of helping organizations improve the employee experience at all levels, beginning with personalized recruiting and onboarding and continuing with role-based access to pay, benefits, and development information. According to the vendor, the benefits of using UltiPro are that HR can rapidly process payroll; leverage flexible time solutions; offer a modern approach to learning; facilitate productive performance, succession, and compensation management; and measure employee sentiment using advanced survey technology (based on the vendor's acquisition of Kanjoya in 2016). UltiPro is supported by powerful business intelligence across all its solutions that aims to help organizations drive smarter, people-focused results.

UltiPro Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Does not have featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Does not have featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UltiPro Screenshots

UltiPro Videos (3)

UltiPro Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite, Celergo, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UltiPro Competitors