Ultimate Software delivers cloud-based HCM solutions that help businesses accelerate talent acquisition, simplify payroll computations, manage time and attendance, and support proactive, strategic talent management.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/3q/aN/WRAF11TI1Q5A.JPEGThe Ultimate HRIS!We use UltiPro across the whole organization (international) to process US and Canda payroll, HRIS for all staff, and benefits, ATS, and onboarding for US-based staff.,HRIS - UltiPro allows us to capture all employee data in one place and accommodates the various jurisdictions in which we operate (esp. currency conversion using our budgeted exchange rates). Reporting - UltiPro has a very robust reporting tool that allows us to analyze our workforce data. Customer Service is very responsive and helpful. Cases can be submitted online which makes them easy to track. The customer service team follows up by phone but also updates the online case with recaps of all conversations as well as the final resolution. This makes it easy to refer back to the solution if you encounter the issue again.,As with many other systems, UltiPro is first and foremost as payroll system and does not easily/effectively handle position management. We budget based on position and need to track positions whether filled, vacant and being actively recruited, or vacant/on hold. We had to find a bit of a workaround to do this in UltiPro. UltiPro offers a lot of online (both live and recorded or self-paced) training but doesn't really dig deep into this powerful and robust system. Live classes are web-based and tend to have many (hundreds) of participants so it makes in-depth training and questions very challenging. UltiPro currently has two different time management systems and, depending on which one your company uses, you have different functionality. This can be confusing to end-users -- for example, if you use their UltiPro Time Management (UTM) system, you must navigate to the Time Management section in order to update timesheets or request PTO but the home screen has a Request PTO feature that results in an error if the employee tries that link. It can be confusing. (Note: they have developed a Time Management system to be rolled out 2019 so this issue should be corrected soon!),8,Time savings Security and peace of mind,Paycom,YesUltiPro is amazing.We currently use UltiPro (UP) across our business from our leadership team to all of our individual contributors. Before UP, all processes were manually completed. This required committing everything to paper, sending the paper to different parts of the organization to get signatures, and having to be keyed into multiple systems. We would manually run hundreds of reports and send them out. Basically, we were spending too much time, money, and resources on the wrong things. UP has allowed us to automate all of the workflow process in a paperless environment. We can customize each workflow action to go to key approvers and have it electronically submit into our system. This along with the feeds to our systems, internally and externally removed the multiple entry problem. The robust BI Reporting system allows us to create and automate fantastic reporting for our organization that removes the need to manually complete reporting processes. We have moved our review into UltiPro, removing more paper functions, provides us reporting of completion, and allows us the ability to see what teams might need HR assistance.,Listen to the needs of UltiPros. UP is not payroll/HR in a box. Every company has a different approach in how they want to manage their employee population. UP has given users a way to create the system that works for their company. And UP is continuously trying to build on that ability by listening to the customers' needs and implementing their ideas into the system. They have a great support team. Quick, helpful and knowledge UP peeps help us with issues we have. Last service provider we were constantly being given wrong advice. We no longer have that issue. They have great training! They have classes, user groups and power hours to get the most out of your product. They connect UP users! They encourage users to meet and interact to help each other with the product. There are user boards, community chat, BI Report Exchange, user group meetings, and the best conference around -- CONNECTIONS!,Taxes issues have been hard to close since the upgrade. Would love to see those closed more timely. Interfaces take too long for UltiPro's teams. But it is nice that we can use outside consultants. Would love to see more user-defined functionality in the Performance Management, Compensation Management. These are so company specific and will never be one-size fits all. Would love to see more platform configuration and user set-ups in these areas.,9,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,ADP Enterprise eTIME, ADP SmartCompliance, ADP Workforce Now, ADP GlobalView HCM, Ceridian Dayforce, Paycom, Paylocity Web Pay, Paycor and Sage PayUltiPro- HRIS system, time saverWe currently use UltiPro as our HRIS system throughout the entire company. We use UltiPro for reporting, payroll, time tracking, time management, performance reviews, Open Enrollment, Benefits, etc. Human Resources uses UltiPro on the administrative side, but all departments use UltiPro for performance reviews, reporting, time tracking, requesting time off, going through Open Enrollment, and helping new employees to pick their benefits. UltiPro has been a huge time saver across the entire company. We were able to implement UltiPro and get rid of manual paper processes throughout the entire company. Payroll is a much easier process with the implementation of UltiPro. Open Enrollment has been overhauled and has been a huge time saver.,Reporting Open Enrollment/Qualifying Life Events Payroll Time Tracking/Requests Mobile App Learning,System functionality. It would be helpful if you could copy a previous year's Open Enrollment instead of starting from scratch.,10,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mindUltiPro changed my payroll life!UltiPro is currently being used by the HR and payroll departments. Our employees are also using it for self service options to update address information, view their pay statements and W-2s, as well as viewing their benefits information. We've also launched the performance management tools and are conducting performance reviews and compensation reviews within the application.Over the next 12 months, we'll be using the application to better communicate metric data to executive managers all the way down to our front line supervisors.,Payroll processing - We have six pay groups and we can pick and choose which pay groups we'll run payroll for and which ones we're not quite ready to run yet. There is a great deal of configurability and flexibility when running the payroll. Since our launch of UltiPro in October, we've shortened the time it takes to run payroll from roughly 2 and a half days, to 1 day. The business intelligence reporting is amazing. It took approximately 2 weeks for us to learn, but after learning where the fields are located, the tool is great! The configurability of the application was one of the aspects that I liked best when going through the review process. When the salesperson tells you that the system is highly configurable, that is exactly what it means. Practically everything that I have looked at, I have been able to configure the page, fields or business rules to fit what I wanted to do. The talent management area is very easy to use and intuitive. Perception survey tool is incredibly insightful and has allowed us to better measure our employee's engagement.,One area that I would consider UltiPro to be lacking is with their Time Management portal. While I feel that the tool is indepth and has a great deal of potential, the user interface can be confusing, both from an administrator and an end user standpoint. The reporting functionality is clunky and not nearly as intuitive as what is available in UltiPro core HR/Payroll. The tax, wage attachments and garnishments area is working its way back to being a strength, but they've had some significant challenges over the last 2 years.,10,Costs savings,ADP Enterprise eTIME, ADP Workforce Now, Ceridian Dayforce, Workday Human Capital Management, Paylocity Web Pay and Paycor,Yes,With the most recent release, we are not able to move all of our job descriptions to be included within the Jobs business rule. The job description can be made viewable to whomever needs to see it and can be updated as necessary. Additional qualifiers were added for us to be able to pick and choose how we wanted to distribute our document acknowledgments. We are now able to disable the ratings for our competencies. We are moving some of our performance reviews to have no ratings and it is just for informational and feedback purposes. The release now allows us to move forward with that initiative.,An expanded character limit for our job title field.,No,No,If you are familiar with navigating HR applications, then I would say the product can be easy to learn if you don't go through any training. Although, I would not recommend doing that. Ultimate has made it so easy to learn how to better use the application, by adding training videos, job aids and other "Did You Know" types of materials that no user should come back and say they don't know how to do something within the portal. Plus, there is a Customer Success Portal and Knowledge center that has every piece of information that a user could possibly find related to how to do a particular action in UltiPro. And if that is not enough, then you join the User Communities where you can get feedback from other UltiPro users to find out how THEY handled a particular situation. There are many different ways to leverage the learning opportunities.,Online training Self-taught,8,7,3,Performance Management Time Management Payroll Career Development Benefit Administration,Measure employee engagement Creating alerts and other emails that are auto generated based on events that happen in UltiPro rather than manually sending reminders/alerts Tying our jobs and competency models to our core values,High level metrics dashboards. Career development and leadership development. Onboarding new employees.,9,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,Fortunately, I had an excellent experience from start to finish with the sales, evaluation and selection process with Ultimate. If there was anything I had to change, I would have prepped myself better for the poor experience that I had with moving off of ADP. Getting employee data and history from ADP was a difficult process. It took quite a while to get it from them and it was painful to try contacting them to inquire about it.,Yes,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,We had internal turnover within the HR department which significantly impacted our already small staff. However, when I talked to my system consultant about the issues I was facing, they were very supportive and offered as much assistance and support as they could do. We also experienced issues with the multi-jurisdiction tax reporting moving from ADP to UltiPro. This was a known issue at the time with ADP and so there was some manual work that had to be done in order for Ultimate to import the correct tax amounts for employees.,Implemented in-house,9,9,The best recommendation I can make for configuring UltiPro is to make sure you learn everything you can about configuring your portal before you start making any changes. Utilize the sandbox environment that Ultimate has made available to clients and test out the functionality before you implement something into your live environment. Or, if you do change something, change it so that it will only impact the role of a specific user type, but not all users.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,Thankfully, there was not much from a customization standpoint that needed to be done for our portal. We did set up a custom expression that calculates our 401(k) match and we set up a custom accrual for our part time staff's time off. But both of those were done with the support of our Ultimate account managers and the excellent support we get from them.,No,We went live on UltiPro in October of 2015. Our first year end processing was a little hectic and there were several issues that had to be corrected. These were issues that we had run into, and were not the fault of the system, they were user errors. I called the Ultimate Rapid Response line on Christmas Eve at around 11 am, explaining my situation to them. They helped me create the case, assisted me with a step by step review of the issue and realized that the issue was going to need to be reviewed by the development team. At 515 pm, I received a call from the support agent that I was working with on my cell phone. She told me that they had corrected the issue and that I was able to complete our payroll tasks. She offered to stay on the line with me while I ran through my tasks to make sure there were no other issues that came up, which there weren't. I was so thankful that she stayed with me through that time. That is the level of support that I have come to expect from Ultimate each time I call.,9,Employee maintenance, like pay changes and job changes. Benefits administration Preparing time files for payroll Reporting,Time management and reviewing time cards Performance evaluations can be challenging to distribute when you have multiple reviews to distribute each month for several individuals in different departments or locations.,Yes,10,9,9,9,BVS (learning management system) Active directory Concur,FIS (Core banking system),File import/export Single Signon API (e.g. SOAP or REST),8,Utilize the Learning center that is available in UltiPro. Ultimate gives users so much information on how to set this information up. And if all else fails, you are always able to leverage the Ultimate staff to help you set up the integrations you need as well. Their integration team is great to work with and they typically work very fast.,10,10,10,3 year contract with a 4 year price lock. We are up for renewal this year.,Be open to working with the sales person and listening to their suggestions. They will listen to your challenges as well and they will be open with you to providing you with solutions to those challenges. Keep in mind, there is never a perfect solution that is going to fit all of your HCM needs. It will really come down to, what vendor is going to stick with you to work on solutions for you vs telling you the system does not have the capability of doing what you originally thought it could do. We went with the vendor that wanted to find solutions for us, not be part of the problem.UltiPro ReviewUltiPro is being used across the entire organization. It is used for PTO time, performance management, payroll, record retention, employee data, onboarding process.,I believe the UltiPro website is very user friendly. UltiPro has many forms access when it comes to asking a question: learning center, rapid response, CRM, etc. Having the mobile app has made a huge difference with our population! I'm glad that UltiPro has rolled it out and I'm looking forward to updates in the future.,Many features require an additional cost to implement or turn on or customize. I believe there should be more customization. UltiPro has lost it's touch when it comes to customer service. Just about the last 8-10 months or so, the support is not like it has been. I would really like to see UltiPro focus on what the people want. If they are going to make an update to a module, is it what is voted on in shared ideas? Is it tested by customers? Or is it what UltiPro thinks is best? Sometimes when I see a roll out, I can't believe that the "majority" of companies would want it that way.,7,Consolidating HR administration under a single solution,ADP GlobalView HCM and ADP Enterprise eTIMEBest Solution Available for HR & PayrollIt is used to process hours worked for payroll and employee leave. It is typically used by HR and Accounting departments, but we have implemented the mobile app, which allows all employees to see certain data. Our employees across the company use it to request and approve leave and time off as well.,Leave requests and time off tracking Tax calculations and deposits Reporting and reports,Setting up new codes can be a challenge. It is sometimes hard to get issues resolved through case management.,8,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution,ADP Workforce Now and PaycomThe ULTIMATE way to go!UltiPro is our total system of record. We are on the enterprise side and utilize it for payroll, recruitment, on-boarding, time and attendance, 1095C administration and we just started with compensation and performance management. It is used by every employee in some capacity. It allows our managers and supervisors to quickly manage time off requests, correct and approve time cards, audit remote punches and see real-time information on their team. Its ease of use is what makes it so valuable. It has allowed us to put in more efficient processes too.,UMS is a payroll services division of Ultipro that we use. They process our payroll, manage garnishments and taxes. They do it very well. Providing the necessary technical and system support that is needed. We almost always get someone that is well versed in the module we are working on. System integrity.,More space for names and codes. Integrate into one system. We still have to back-office a lot for things that can't be done on the web yet. The Phone App could use some improvement. More specifically in the area of CA law and around meal and rest breaks.,10,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution,ADP Enterprise eTIME and Paychex Flex,Yes, it is easy to learn. Its an easy read too. Module implementation does require training.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,8,9Very happy to have been my one & only!UltiPro is being used across all of S&T Bank. It is how employees check their benefits & pay & multiple other things. We use it in our department for paying our employees and it's used by my coworkers for 401k and pension benefits. We also use it for time management.,I feel like the customer portal is a huge success. It is so nice that if I have a question rather than Googling it I can search in UltiPro's own database to find the answer and know that it is right. I think the time management is amazing. Very easy to understand and very easy to see time cards. If I need to make changes to an employee's paycheck I don't have to go through a bunch of steps. I have only ever worked with UltiPro and I don't have much to compare it to, but I just feel like the overall feel of it and how user-friendly it is, is one of it's greatest strengths.,I am still not too familiar with the time management as far as PTO time goes, but I have noticed there seems to be a "disconnect" there when PTO time is put in or removed, some employees see differently than what we do. That has been my only issue so far that I can think of.,10,Costs savings Time savings Security and peace of mind,UltiPro Rocks!We are currently using UltiPro across the whole organization, however, it's mainly used in Human Resources. The business processes it addresses are reporting of data. With the robust standard reports and Business Intelligence feature we are able to extract more data with UltiPro and have more custom reporting abilities. Recruitment has allowed us the ability to move from paper to an electronic solution for searching candidates and hiring them. The file transfers allow us to communicate employee changes to vendors via a streamlined data flow for vendors.,UltiPro's Business Intelligence feature allows users of the system to run robust reports, analyze the data, and create reports that suite their needs. One of the best features is the ability to email these to multiple individuals in the organziation with ease. UltiPro's platform configuration allows users to configure fields on pages that do not currently exist, control the access to already system delivered fields. This is a newer feature that is really cool for system administrators to use and have more flexibility within the system. UltiPros' payroll capabilites allow you to import data into payroll without extensive data entry, and the process is simple to follow.,One of the features that I would like to see improved is the search capability within the employee page. Currently you are not able to search in the new window that pops up - you are only allowed to arrow between employees, which can take more time than a search or drop down list. I would like to see the Compensation Management module have the ability to base salary increase on anniversary date. This functionality would make it easier to administer pay. I would like the ability as a recruitment administrator to have the ability to see the Hiring Manager view. This is an area that is difficult to help users with when you are not able to have both Hiring Manager and Administrator roles.,10,,ADP Workforce Now and paychex,Yes,Total Comp Statement Enhanced functionality Compliance updates,New features Compliance updates Improved functionality,No,No,Yes - the product is very user friendly and easy to understand. UltiPro does provide many means of training to fit the user. I find all the basic applications of CORE HR/Payroll easy to understand and learn without additional training.,Online training Self-taught,10,250,1,Payroll Employee Management Recruiting Benefits Administration,We have been able to create reports through BI that are emailed on a set schedule. We have been able to use the Mobile App for employee updates and pay insights,We can use UltiPro for LMS reporting Succession planning Goal planning,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation,I would not change anything we did. I am happy with the results and the decision we made. Ultimate is truly a partner to be counted on and I enjoy working with the solution and support team every day.,Yes,Change management was minimal,We did not have any issues.,Implemented in-house,9,8,Test - make sure you are thinking about the future considerations when you implement. Allow yourself time to learn and understand how the modules interact with each other.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,I truly appreciate how UltiPro empowers customers to use the system to best fit their needs. They really are a great company and offer a superb system!,No,During a transition from Vacation plans to PTO plans, the support provided was excellent to make sure our balances were correct and our G/L was accurate.,10,Payroll Talent System Admin,Platform Configuration,Yes,10,9,10,10,Recruiting Onboarding Learning,Oracle,File import/export,9,Test your data!,10,10,10,I have been able to negotiate pricing and payment terms very easily.,Be honest of what your needs are, they are great partners.UltiPro Core HR/Payroll and UTM Solution ReviewIt is being used across the whole organization and has enabled employees to manage their own information regarding emergency contacts, direct deposit, W-4, address, telephone number, and taxes. We currently use Core HR/Payroll and UTM. UltiPro allowed us to consolidate our solutions used for HR and enabled our HR team to be more self-sufficient.,Employee Self-Service - This is a strength because it is easy to use and allows the user to manage their personal information. Business Intelligence Reporting - The IBM Cognos solution used is robust and flexible and is easy for someone with BI experience to create and manage custom reports. Adding a new hire to the system - This process is simple and easy and value rules can be used to make this even simpler.,UTM PTO Balances - These are inaccurate when you are processing timesheets in arrears and the balance brought back in from Core HR/Payroll is inconsistent with what is in UTM. GL Actual Accrual Reporting - It was suggested to move to bi-weekly payroll but then there is no way to report on the actual accrual on a monthly basis. I have heard a report is in development but is not available yet. Mobile App - The mobile app works great for what is working but it has taken a long time to get timesheets incorporated and is still not ready yet so we have not rolled it out to the organization. When this comes, we will have to test thoroughly.,8,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution,Ceridian Dayforce,UltiPro is intuitive and fairly easy to pick up without training. The menu structure is easy and a lot of our users were able to pick it up without much assistance. Our administrators did provide training for the employees at Go-Live. For administrators, I recommend taking advantage of UltiPro's training which is included in the cost your company will pay.,Online training Self-taught,9Ultimate - People FirstUltiPro is currently being used across the whole organization and one business problem Ultimate addresses is how employees maintain their time and it provides multiple ways to accommodate Cavco, such as employees using time clocks or logging in thru their computer.The most important business problem addresses is that UltiPro is has a direct relationship with all their modules and is updated straight across the board, i.e. name change will update back-office application (if applicable), UltiWeb Portal, UTM, Employee Directory, Community Broadcast, Recruiting and Benefit Exports.,Customer Service, People First and the willingness to help Technology, that encompasses amazing features such as Document Knowledge Ability to allow all your systems to interface with one another, even if it's not an Ultimate product,I've been with Ultimate for a long time supporting clients that use Ultimate and there are no features that are hard to use and [they] don't need job aids or specialist for assistance. To my knowledge, there are no missing functionalities or anything else I would like to see differently. Ultimate never ceases to amaze me with functionalities done thru their daily maintenance window and ready for clients to use immediately.,10,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind Other,Yes,More Functionalities added free of charge Training offered for Funtionalities added Customers are able to reach out to other customers prior to the upgrade and after the upgrade thru the Community which are all Ultimate customers.,New functions to enhance daily processes,No,No,You can learn some things without training but to really understand the products and best practices, training is highly recommended for first-time users.There are functionalities you'll be unaware of until you've gone through training whether self paced or instructor-led training courses. All of Ultimate classes and webinars are free to their clients, which is a part of your contract and should be utilized.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,10UltiPro has met my needs for over 22 yearsWe use UltiPro to process payroll and benefits. It is used company wide by our managers and staff. Time and attendance are used by all staff. UltiPro helps us to process payroll efficiently and accurately. It also helps us communicate with employees on payroll and benefit matters.,I can configure the earnings in any way that I need. I can also configure deductions to meet my needs. It is a platform that can be used from anywhere, including the app.,Communicating with other programs. We constantly struggle with integration. Our time clocks are often giving us trouble with punches being pushed out. The billing system is horrible—all the add-ons are billed in different cycles and for different price ranges. It is very confusing.,10Great SystemUltiPro is being used across our organization for payroll, time management, performance management, recruiting, open enrollment and life events. It has helped streamline all of our processes - open enrollment and performance management went from paper process to electronic and recruiting has allowed us to reach much larger and more qualified candidate pools. We are able to send feeds to carriers through UltiPro.,Being able to create electronic processes creates efficiency We are able to reduce data entry errors by only having to enter information once,Ability to track vacant positions Ability to track turnover and reporting from that,9,Consolidating HR administration under a single solutionUltiPro is wonderful!UltiPro is being used organization-wide. We use payroll, recruitment, onboarding, life events, talent management and perceptions in addition to the basic core system. UltiPro has helped us go paperless by offering solutions in onboarding to provide new hire documents to applicants prior to their first day. They have also released a document acknowledgment feature that has eliminated the need to make hundreds of copies of items and track as they come in.,The UltiPro system is easy to implement. We did it with two HR employees and had minimal IT involvement. The UltiPro reporting system is robust and you don't need to be an IT professional to use it. UltiPro's platform configure feature helps you make the system fit your company.,While UltiPro offers a lot of wonderful training, it would be helpful to have access to checklists of the full process on items. For example, if you have to add a new location, we have submitted it before to our account manager, but it was never sent to taxes.....we assumed one ticket was the only thing needed.,10,Time savings,Oracle PeopleSoft HCM,The product is very easy to learn without training, the system itself is intuitive in regards to where data is kept. Ultimate Software has a large package of FREE training that goes along with this product and I recommend taking advantage of all of the items they have put together.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,8Fantastic HRISOur company utilizes UltiPro for all HRIS needs: Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time Management, and Performance Management. It is used across the organization for 900 employees. For us, the move to UltiPro presented an opportunity for a fully integrated HRIS that could manage employee data internally throughout the employee life cycle, and also integrate with external systems as needed.,Customizable to suit the organization's unique needs. Very user-friendly for front-end users and back-end administrators. Powerful reporting capabilities.,The existing Time Management module has many weaknesses, but these are all being addressed in a new version to be released soon. Service requests can occasionally take a long time to receive attention and be completed, depending on time of year.,10,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,Ceridian Dayforce and Kronos Workforce Central,The system is intuitive in a lot of ways, particularly for the end-user. But on the administration side, training is critical to get a good understanding of how the system thinks and what options you have available for setup and customization.,Online training Self-taught,9,900,10,Payroll processing Benefits administration - enrollment and interfacing with our vendors Reporting Recruiting and Onboarding of talent,We've been able to implement some creative benefit options that can be administrated by the system with minimal manual intervention - wellness credits, HSA matching, automatic 401k enrollment, etc.,Rolling out Performance Management this year Might consider the new file management and case management services Might consider Perceptions as an engagement survey tool,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports,Probably wouldn't change anything.,No,No,After the first two years or so, our ERM did arrange for some SMEs to come in to meet with us and talk through what was/wasn't working. They were able to offer real-time solutions for some things and follow up with others.,6,Employee Self-Service Payroll processing,Benefits Prime (not so much that it's difficult, just that there isn't much training available) UTM - Configuring to meet the needs of our PTO plans has been difficult in the past,Yes, but I don't use it,8UltiPro has great useabilty but no so great client interaction.Carlex Glass America currently uses UltiPro for Time and Attendance, HR, Payroll and HRIS functions. We recently implemented Talent Management and the Mobile App. We are looking to go Global soon as well.,UltiPro is one of the easiest platforms for Payroll and HRIS that I have ever used. The Employee interface is extremely user friendly and self explanatory. UltiPro is always updating their systems and platforms for the client to have a more enjoyable experience.,Customer service with UltiPro is lacking where other systems I have used are hands on with the clients. When we outsource to an UltiPro product, I would like for it to be completely outsourced and not still have to follow behind ensuring things are done and correct. Example, issues with taxes in 2018. We need the different platforms to be more customizable to fit our company's needs. Example, Onboarding and Recruiting.,8,Time savings,,NoUltiPro is an overall great product!We use UltiPro across the organization. This system has helped us to reduce payroll processing time, streamline data integration, offer self-service tools to employees and managers, enhance our annual compensation review process and most recently, enhance our goal planning process.,The Support Teams have been wonderful to work with, very knowledgeable and responsive. The system is always being developed and enhanced to stay current and best meet client needs.,Although the reporting tools are very robust, it is somewhat misleading in the beginning with the resource(s) and skill level that will be needed to really take full advantage of the reporting capabilities. I would really like to see enhancements to the security elements of Recruiting to better meet each clients needs rather than a structured role approach. I would love to see capabilities to allow the client to add text to workflows that would offer instruction to the employees/managers.,10,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,ADP Enterprise eTIME, ADP SmartCompliance, ADP VirtualEdge, ADP Vantage HCM, Workday Human Capital Management and Ceridian DayforceHappy UserUltipro is used in our organization as an HR tool for all staff. We use it to replace our employee files as well as use it for payroll, benefits, onboarding, reviews, and our employee directory. The fact that it has so many features and functions has allowed us to steadily increase our reliance on it as a one-stop-shop. We have now linked our Learning Management Software with the program so our staff has a single log in for HR and learning functions. The mobile app has significantly increased our employee's use of Ultipro.,Tailorability Reliability User Friendly Variety of features and functions,We have not found any issues as of yet.,10,Consolidating HR administration under a single solution,ABRA,1600,,Checking PTO balances Checking paystubs Reviewing Goals,Tracking trainings. Uploading certifications and documentation. The onboarding process with E-Verify built in has been helpful.,Linking the onboarding process to include state reporting sites, not just E-Verify.,10,Don't know,,Payroll Employee Records Employee Reviews,We haven't found anything too difficult yet.,Yes,10UltiPro - Our HeroUltiPro is currently being used by our corporate office and all 12+affiliate offices. The reporting feature is great in troubleshooting problems such as overtime.,User-friendly - Has all info for employees in one place. Payroll system is great! Easy to learn. Lots of training available for end users. Customer Service - response time is quick. Account managers are easy to get a hold of.,The mobile app - but that may be because features are not accessible to us because of our corporate office. Lots of screens to go through when changes are made. Once you get the system up and running, it's simple to operate. Implementation was long.....and labor intensive for us.,8,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,ADP Enterprise eTIME and ADP Mobile Solutions,Once you get used to how the information is categorized, there should be no issues. Plus there are so many courses that are available for training.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9Ultimate Software-#1 in my book!We are using UltiPro throughout our whole company. We use it for HR, Payroll, Talent Management, Learning, Performance Reviews...etc.,I think UltiPro has great customer service. They have a support team that you can call into and they seem to all be pretty knowledgeable at what issue is at hand and they can walk you through it. If they can't, they escalate the issue to another team that specifically deals with the issue at hand. You also have a dedicated account manager/team that is appointed to you to help you with anything that arises. The interface of their platforms are very user-friendly. It didn't take much training on our employee's parts to know how the system worked for their needs. I recently attended Connections which is Ultimate's yearly user conference. It was very well organized and they really tried accommodating everyone there. They had plenty of their staff to help people with questions or help them get around in the hotel to find classes. There seemed to be a class/session for every topic imaginable and all classes that I took were very informative. They really engaged their clients when executives from the company talked to all of us as a whole. They also really seem to care about family and charities and their staff.,One of the functionality features that I wish could be changed is when you are within certain screens in UltiPro. Wen you click on a bullet item you want to get to, it takesyou to that screen which shuts out the current screen you were in. For ex: if I want to stay in the Payroll Gateway but need to look at a timesheet, I want the Payroll Gateway page to stay open but also have the timesheet opened at the same time. This would just save time to not have to navigate back and forth.,9,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,Microsoft Dynamics SL,No,We haven't recently upgraded yet.,Using PeopleDoc/Employee File Management.,No,No,We got training on several items but mainly it's very user friendly so we just played around with it to get ourselves comfortable with using it.,Online training Self-taught,8Ulti Pro Yeah or NayPayroll, benefits, onboarding. Being used by Finance and Human Resources. Addresses support that we lacked with our prior supplier.,The service people are always very nice. You can receive assistance in minutes. The year end process check lists are wonderful.,Missing functionality in UTM. I would like to have the supervisor access (in order to see what screens they see) along with my Administrator access. Some of the support people may not have enough knowledge of our system or just in general.,8,,,I don't know if we have been through an upgrade,More efficiency,We did the online webinar training,Online training,9,200,4,Payroll Time entry PTO tracking,Onboarding feature Different PTO Plans Suervisors being able to access reports,More of the big picture functions,9,Yes,Product Features Third-party Reviews,Not sure,Yes,It seemed redundant at times,Implemented in-house,8,Yes, especially with UTM. Nilay Patel is the best I have seen. He usually knows what is wrong even if I only explain it to him once.,9,Payroll processing step-by-step UTM is easy to maneuver,Business Intelligence,Yes,8Why I love UltiProWe currently use Core, payroll, benefits administration, salary planning, recruitment, platform configuration, time management, performance reviews, BI, import tool and we also use this as our intranet portal for our entire population. Using UltiPro helps us to reach the major population of our organization that does not have access to company emails or work computers. We do have 2 areas for them to access ultipro to enter their time off requests, manage their personal information and time. Same for management, they are able to manage their time and employee information. The reporting helps our management and finance areas for weekly, monthly, qrtly an annual reporting. UltiPro has helped us to streamline out processes and we are getting closer to a 1-stop shop which is wonderful for administering so many moving pieces.,One thing that is extremely wonderful is that Ultimate knows that there is always room for improvement and listens to the customer. Each year we see improvements implemented that customers request.,One area is the compensation module. Currently salary planning only goes to managers with their direct reports. The old module also had it go to the department head with his direct reports and their direct reports, which made it easier when you are using a pool. It would be nice to add that back into the module.,10,NoUltiPro - The professional solution for Human Capital ManagementUltiPro is currently our company's Human Capital Management solution for benefits management, scheduling, tax information, time cards, and so much more! UltiPro address the issue of having multiple interfaces by condensing them into one, simple to use interface!,The search bar has to be one of the biggest benefits of UltiPro! It may seem like something small but it saves so much time especially when you need to find something immediately. The search bar searches as you type so you should be able to find what you're looking in a matter of seconds! UltiPro is so simple to navigate! Every tab/function is well organized and easy to find. Another great thing is the "Pay" widget that can be added to your main dashboard. It provides the user with a fast and simple way to see your most recent pay statement and your most recent pay date.,UltiPro does have a mobile app, however, a very important function is missing. There is no clock-in/clock-out function on the mobile interface! This function would be so beneficial for those employees on the go or who don't want to wait until they are at a desktop to clock in/clock out. Another con is that employees cannot clock in once you log in because there is no widget on the main dashboard. Employees have to search "Time" in the search bar or look for the tab. Having a time widget on the main dashboard would be so beneficial.,9,Time savings,ADP Workforce NowBrand New UltiPro Client's ReviewWe just implemented UltiPro core and payroll and are working on implementing additional modules. The core system is very easy to use for less tech-savvy individuals. The payroll process workflow is very easy to follow. Our parent company implemented UltiPro to standardize the payroll processing across all subsidiaries. Update: we have added the ATS and performance management modules. ATS is okay but cumbersome if your environment is one component company of several. PM was very easy to set up- allows moderate level of customization to review forms.,Payroll processing workflow End user experience (GUI) Training- UltiPro university has a lot of offer in terms of resources and classes.,Payroll deduction change history Ability to view direct deposit account information without having to click 'edit' record Improved user experience for PTO approval page in UltiPro Time & Attendance Additional views for managers in UltiPro Time & Attendance (PTO calendar for team),7,Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution,,Payroll was the easiest. Custom reports wasn't hard to learn to use but there is a lot of functionality you may not know exists without training.,Online training Self-taught,8,Yes,We had an ACH file that went to the bank that did not match (Ultipro had one total on their file, but the bank said the received file was a different amount).,7,5,7,7UltiPro: The Gateway to a Paperless HR DepartmentWe use UltiPro for our HR & Payroll system. We use several different modules in addition to core including UltiPro Time and Attendance, Performance Management, Recruiting, Business Intelligence, Manager Self-Service, Employee Self-Service, Open Enrollment, Life Events and more. We use is company wide. It has helped us take our HR department completely paperless. Our benefits process is completely paperless. It has made our department more efficient and enabled us to keep our data accurate and up to date.,Ultipro support is incredible. They are always very helpful and they contact me very quickly after I submit a request. Their product development is always moving at the speed of lightening. They are continually coming out with new solutions for us and developing their current products as well. They make their web portal extremely easy to use as an administrator. Everything is exactly where I think it should be.,I would like to see more and more pages opened up for platform configuration. I would like to see more development of the UTA reporting product and mapping into Cognos for Core rather than having to report on UTA data from UTA Cognos. I would like the scheduled reporting feature in UTA to be more reliable. In Performance Management, I would like the ability as an Administrator to add additional contributors for managers and send the reviews to the employees. In Performance Management, I would like the ability as an Administrator to enter review comments for a an Additional Contributor if they for some reason can't get to it.,9,Costs savings Time savings Consolidating HR administration under a single solution Security and peace of mind,Workday Human Capital Management,Yes,Updates to the mobile app have given us great functionality from an administrative standpoint.,Better administrative functionality with the performance management system. Improvements to the document upload section of the system.,No,No,I think the product, from a user standpoint, could be used without training. It's pretty intuitive. Using it as an administrator would be difficult if there were no training available. I can't imagine coming into the product and trying to set it up with no training. Just checking paystubs and enrolling in benefits can be done with no training.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,1495,3,payroll reviews open enrollment and life events managing personnel changes online personnel files,We use the documents tab in the Web portal for an online personnel file. Being able to lock down security to certain documents by document category and role is a definite plus and allows us to let certain roles see different types of documents and lets employees look up the information on their employment that they may be interested in referencing, such as 401(k) loan amortization schedules and offer letters. We use BI to send out daily personnel change reports written off of the audit tables to notify different departments of personnel changes they need to be aware of.,I would like to use the platform configuration tool to make new hire entry easier using the value rules engine . We will be implementing Onboarding in the next few weeks. I want to start using BI Dashboards to provide interactive reports for our managers.,10,Yes,Price Product Usability,I was not involved in the evaluation and selection process when we adopted UltiPro. I have nothing to add on this particular question.
UltiPro

UltiPro Reviews

UltiPro
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 775 vetted UltiPro reviews and ratings

Vikki Morris profile photo
March 25, 2019

UltiPro Review: "The Ultimate HRIS!"

• HRIS - UltiPro allows us to capture all employee data in one place and accommodates the various jurisdictions in which we operate (esp. currency conversion using our budgeted exchange rates).
  • Reporting - UltiPro has a very robust reporting tool that allows us to analyze our workforce data.
  • Customer Service is very responsive and helpful. Cases can be submitted online which makes them easy to track. The customer service team follows up by phone but also updates the online case with recaps of all conversations as well as the final resolution. This makes it easy to refer back to the solution if you encounter the issue again.
  • As with many other systems, UltiPro is first and foremost as payroll system and does not easily/effectively handle position management. We budget based on position and need to track positions whether filled, vacant and being actively recruited, or vacant/on hold. We had to find a bit of a workaround to do this in UltiPro.
  • UltiPro offers a lot of online (both live and recorded or self-paced) training but doesn't really dig deep into this powerful and robust system. Live classes are web-based and tend to have many (hundreds) of participants so it makes in-depth training and questions very challenging.
  • UltiPro currently has two different time management systems and, depending on which one your company uses, you have different functionality. This can be confusing to end-users -- for example, if you use their UltiPro Time Management (UTM) system, you must navigate to the Time Management section in order to update timesheets or request PTO but the home screen has a Request PTO feature that results in an error if the employee tries that link. It can be confusing. (Note: they have developed a Time Management system to be rolled out 2019 so this issue should be corrected soon!)
We have found that UltiPro is good for our international needs but less appropriate for robust budgeting/position management needs.
  • Security and peace of mind

UltiPro has saved time with the internal workflows available - changes to employee records flow through the specified approval systems, saving us time and resources.

UltiPro has the highest level of security which satisfies data security requirements in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Role-based security also provides us with the ability to provide different levels of access to different employees.

Read Vikki Morris's full review
Danielle Peppard profile photo
March 25, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro is amazing."

• Listen to the needs of UltiPros. UP is not payroll/HR in a box. Every company has a different approach in how they want to manage their employee population. UP has given users a way to create the system that works for their company. And UP is continuously trying to build on that ability by listening to the customers' needs and implementing their ideas into the system.
  • They have a great support team. Quick, helpful and knowledge UP peeps help us with issues we have. Last service provider we were constantly being given wrong advice. We no longer have that issue.
  • They have great training! They have classes, user groups and power hours to get the most out of your product.
  • They connect UP users! They encourage users to meet and interact to help each other with the product. There are user boards, community chat, BI Report Exchange, user group meetings, and the best conference around -- CONNECTIONS!
  • Taxes issues have been hard to close since the upgrade. Would love to see those closed more timely.
  • Interfaces take too long for UltiPro's teams. But it is nice that we can use outside consultants.
  • Would love to see more user-defined functionality in the Performance Management, Compensation Management. These are so company specific and will never be one-size fits all. Would love to see more platform configuration and user set-ups in these areas.
I have used UltiPro in hospitality for more than 5000 employees and a Biotech company with 450. It works well with any size company. You need someone who understands the system (or is willing to take the classes and learn the system) to get the most out of it. Once you understand the system and the functionality it has, you will love it. If you don't have someone in your organization to take on this role, a more simplistic system might be a better fit.
  • Security and peace of mind
We did achieve all of these items that we set out to do. We have received a robust system for the same amount of money that we were spending on a system that only perform payroll. In doing so we had HUGE time savings (roughly 30 hours a week) of functions that are now automated and under one solution. Having everything in one solution means no more auditing of multiple systems.
Read Danielle Peppard's full review
Megan Marvin profile photo
March 25, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro- HRIS system, time saver"

• Reporting
  • Open Enrollment/Qualifying Life Events
  • Payroll
  • Time Tracking/Requests
  • Mobile App
  • Learning
  • System functionality. It would be helpful if you could copy a previous year's Open Enrollment instead of starting from scratch.
I mainly deal with the benefits side of UltiPro and reporting. UltiPro is extremely helpful when wanting to build different reports. It also makes it seamless for employees to pick benefits when they are a new hire and to go through Open Enrollment. We have implemented UltiPro in all categories of Human Resources and it has saved us lots of time in return.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have saved countless hours with UltiPro and being able to make manual processes electronic. It is easier having all data in one location. Instead of having employee data in many locations, we have it all in one place. It gives you security and a peace of mind knowing that you can set different security roles to give administrators access.
Read Megan Marvin's full review
Jack Klott, SHRM-SCP profile photo
March 22, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro changed my payroll life!"

• Payroll processing - We have six pay groups and we can pick and choose which pay groups we'll run payroll for and which ones we're not quite ready to run yet. There is a great deal of configurability and flexibility when running the payroll. Since our launch of UltiPro in October, we've shortened the time it takes to run payroll from roughly 2 and a half days, to 1 day.
  • The business intelligence reporting is amazing. It took approximately 2 weeks for us to learn, but after learning where the fields are located, the tool is great!
  • The configurability of the application was one of the aspects that I liked best when going through the review process. When the salesperson tells you that the system is highly configurable, that is exactly what it means. Practically everything that I have looked at, I have been able to configure the page, fields or business rules to fit what I wanted to do.
  • The talent management area is very easy to use and intuitive.
  • Perception survey tool is incredibly insightful and has allowed us to better measure our employee's engagement.
  • One area that I would consider UltiPro to be lacking is with their Time Management portal. While I feel that the tool is indepth and has a great deal of potential, the user interface can be confusing, both from an administrator and an end user standpoint. The reporting functionality is clunky and not nearly as intuitive as what is available in UltiPro core HR/Payroll.
  • The tax, wage attachments and garnishments area is working its way back to being a strength, but they've had some significant challenges over the last 2 years.
UltiPro is well suited for any employer, small or large. It has scalability and can be configured to fit any employer's needs. Where I would say it is less appropriate is if you need a slightly more robust recruiting system and you need some additional functionality around your talent acquisition process.
  • Costs savings
We are continuing to utilize the tools available in UltiPro to achieve our goals, both from a people standpoint and an operations standpoint. The key focus today is to hold on to our employees and to better understand what their challenges are. We are working to address those challenges through the functionality in UltiPro and giving our employees access to those tools so they can be successful.
Read Jack Klott, SHRM-SCP's full review
Michelle Schrum profile photo

"UltiPro Review"

• I believe the UltiPro website is very user friendly.
  • UltiPro has many forms access when it comes to asking a question: learning center, rapid response, CRM, etc.
  • Having the mobile app has made a huge difference with our population! I'm glad that UltiPro has rolled it out and I'm looking forward to updates in the future.
  • Many features require an additional cost to implement or turn on or customize. I believe there should be more customization.
  • UltiPro has lost it's touch when it comes to customer service. Just about the last 8-10 months or so, the support is not like it has been.
  • I would really like to see UltiPro focus on what the people want. If they are going to make an update to a module, is it what is voted on in shared ideas? Is it tested by customers? Or is it what UltiPro thinks is best? Sometimes when I see a roll out, I can't believe that the "majority" of companies would want it that way.
UltiPro is well suited for payroll and record retention. It could improve on its electronic filing and customizing. Many things are "all or nothing" where we have some employees that would fall into one category but not the entire company. For example, the recent I-9 update in On-boarding, we now have the ability to turn it off for the entire company. The update should have been the ability to turn it off for a specific process.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Overtime I believe we will achieve most of these into UltiPro. I believe we will eventually make the transition with many of our HR functions. However, as it stands, UltiPro will not be the solution for all of our administrative tasks.
Read Michelle Schrum's full review
Christopher Murphy profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Best Solution Available for HR & Payroll"

• Leave requests and time off tracking
  • Tax calculations and deposits
  • Reporting and reports
  • Setting up new codes can be a challenge.
  • It is sometimes hard to get issues resolved through case management.
It is great for payroll and HR because it makes some of the compliance and reporting more efficient. It is also great that it automatically feeds our retirement plan provider with census and contribution data. We have not integrated it with healthcare, but I imagine it can be useful to feed those third-party providers with data as well.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are already experiencing cost savings through efficiency gained by using the system and reports. We also use UltiPro for our subsidiary in New York and it allows us to review and monitor their HR/ payroll data. It is great to have both companies on the same platform. We are not 100% there yet, but eventually we could have one HR department involved with both companies and this software makes that goal possible.
Read Christopher Murphy's full review
ginger Ledbetter profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "The ULTIMATE way to go!"

• UMS is a payroll services division of Ultipro that we use. They process our payroll, manage garnishments and taxes. They do it very well.
  • Providing the necessary technical and system support that is needed. We almost always get someone that is well versed in the module we are working on.
  • System integrity.
  • More space for names and codes.
  • Integrate into one system. We still have to back-office a lot for things that can't be done on the web yet.
  • The Phone App could use some improvement. More specifically in the area of CA law and around meal and rest breaks.
It works great for large companies. There is flexibility in sets ups where there are multiple pay groups, jurisdictions, union and non-union workers. It may not be a good fit for small companies
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Yes, it has allowed us to streamline a lot of our processes that were heavy paper drive. Having one system to do it all is the way to go!
Read ginger Ledbetter's full review
Danelle Hauser profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Very happy to have been my one & only!"

• I feel like the customer portal is a huge success. It is so nice that if I have a question rather than Googling it I can search in UltiPro's own database to find the answer and know that it is right.
  • I think the time management is amazing. Very easy to understand and very easy to see time cards. If I need to make changes to an employee's paycheck I don't have to go through a bunch of steps.
  • I have only ever worked with UltiPro and I don't have much to compare it to, but I just feel like the overall feel of it and how user-friendly it is, is one of it's greatest strengths.
  • I am still not too familiar with the time management as far as PTO time goes, but I have noticed there seems to be a "disconnect" there when PTO time is put in or removed, some employees see differently than what we do. That has been my only issue so far that I can think of.
It is all around well suited. It is very clean, user friendly, and very much oriented in helping the users and making them happy.
Read Danelle Hauser's full review
Jessica Humphreys, CPP profile photo
March 22, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro Rocks!"

• UltiPro's Business Intelligence feature allows users of the system to run robust reports, analyze the data, and create reports that suite their needs. One of the best features is the ability to email these to multiple individuals in the organziation with ease.
  • UltiPro's platform configuration allows users to configure fields on pages that do not currently exist, control the access to already system delivered fields. This is a newer feature that is really cool for system administrators to use and have more flexibility within the system.
  • UltiPros' payroll capabilites allow you to import data into payroll without extensive data entry, and the process is simple to follow.
  • One of the features that I would like to see improved is the search capability within the employee page. Currently you are not able to search in the new window that pops up - you are only allowed to arrow between employees, which can take more time than a search or drop down list.
  • I would like to see the Compensation Management module have the ability to base salary increase on anniversary date. This functionality would make it easier to administer pay.
  • I would like the ability as a recruitment administrator to have the ability to see the Hiring Manager view. This is an area that is difficult to help users with when you are not able to have both Hiring Manager and Administrator roles.
I really love UltiPro and the system offers great functionality for HR/Payroll professionals. I would recommend this system to anyone who is interested in UltiPro.

Some of the key questions to ask during the selection process are:

1. Does UltiPro interface with other systems they use?
  2. What are the security capabilities?
  3. How does Ultimate store your data and what is the disaster recovery plan?
We have been able to reduce the amount of paper used by encouraging employees to enter personal, tax, and pay information using the employee self service. In addition, we are currently in the process of online performance reviews and compensation. This will eliminate the need for paper and filing space will be freed up due to these changes.
Read Jessica Humphreys, CPP's full review
Robert W. Staples, III., P.E. profile photo
February 06, 2019

"UltiPro Core HR/Payroll and UTM Solution Review"

• Employee Self-Service - This is a strength because it is easy to use and allows the user to manage their personal information.
  • Business Intelligence Reporting - The IBM Cognos solution used is robust and flexible and is easy for someone with BI experience to create and manage custom reports.
  • Adding a new hire to the system - This process is simple and easy and value rules can be used to make this even simpler.
  • UTM PTO Balances - These are inaccurate when you are processing timesheets in arrears and the balance brought back in from Core HR/Payroll is inconsistent with what is in UTM.
  • GL Actual Accrual Reporting - It was suggested to move to bi-weekly payroll but then there is no way to report on the actual accrual on a monthly basis. I have heard a report is in development but is not available yet.
  • Mobile App - The mobile app works great for what is working but it has taken a long time to get timesheets incorporated and is still not ready yet so we have not rolled it out to the organization. When this comes, we will have to test thoroughly.
UltiPro is a good solution and works well as a Software and as a Service HR solution. The employee self-service and payroll functionality are top-notch. The UTM solution for smaller companies could use additional work but UltiPro is planning to roll out a Time solution for 2019 and 2020 so hopefully, that addresses some of our concerns.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have not yet achieved significant time savings as we just transitioned to UltiPro in July 2017 but I attended Ultimate Connections 2018 and do believe there are significant opportunities for us to get there with what I saw at the conference. We have consolidated two HR applications into one with UltiPro as we had a separate core HR/payroll and Timekeeping solution prior to UltiPro. We are planning to roll out Recruiting and Onboarding later this year which will further consolidate our solution.
Read Robert W. Staples, III., P.E.'s full review
Angela Robinson profile photo
April 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Ultimate - People First"

• Customer Service, People First and the willingness to help
  • Technology, that encompasses amazing features such as Document Knowledge
  • Ability to allow all your systems to interface with one another, even if it's not an Ultimate product
  • I've been with Ultimate for a long time supporting clients that use Ultimate and there are no features that are hard to use and [they] don't need job aids or specialist for assistance.
  • To my knowledge, there are no missing functionalities or anything else I would like to see differently. Ultimate never ceases to amaze me with functionalities done thru their daily maintenance window and ready for clients to use immediately.

We've experienced deep dives with other companies for comparison for services we currently use with Ultimate such as Managed Services, Business Intelligence/Cognos Analytic, Payroll, building interfaces along with many custom features such as the GL; to establish if perhaps we were missing out on the latest and greatest.

Hands down, none had all the features and functionality we currently use.

• Other
Yes we've accomplished these outcomes by using UltiPro, prime example; our network went down during the largest payroll that had to be processed and no access to anything but Ultimate.

We put Ultimate on standby just in case we were later than normal sending the wage file and/or if Ultimate needed to step in and assist with processing payroll. We got it done and Ultimate was by our side the entire time and followed up the next day to see how we were doing, now that's priceless.

Security is a big issue to everyone and has always been a big deal to Ultimate. If there is any confidential or sensitive data on a scheduled report even it's coming in-house, the file will be automatically encrypted.

In 2017, we purchased another company and there were numerous direct deposits had to be set up within the system manually because it was cleaner because we had no idea what was being sent; the employee that set these up normally doesn't set up such a large amount of direct deposits.

The next morning around 6:30 a.m. Ultimate Security called and told me their concern and my thought process was the employee referenced is in Payroll and does this task every week.

In conclusion this employee had access to set up weekly and not bi-weekly, however it was all hands on deck and the employee was helping the payroll manager and once I reached out to Ultimate's Security all was great.

The HR/Benefits Manager was on vacation and unbeknown to me, one of her employees generated a UCN custom benefit export to a vendor and for some reason it didn't go thru successfully but successful enough not to trigger a notification to the client; Ultimate sent an email stating the export didn't go thru and was regenerated on their behalf and was successfully sent to the vendor and info was sent to us showing the path to the vendor and their server accepting the file.

This saved lots of time trying to figure out what may have happened and saved cost with this incident not impacting employees.
Read Angela Robinson's full review
Tena Dills profile photo
March 27, 2019

Review: "UltiPro has met my needs for over 22 years"

• I can configure the earnings in any way that I need.
  • I can also configure deductions to meet my needs.
  • It is a platform that can be used from anywhere, including the app.
  • Communicating with other programs. We constantly struggle with integration.
  • Our time clocks are often giving us trouble with punches being pushed out.
  • The billing system is horrible—all the add-ons are billed in different cycles and for different price ranges. It is very confusing.
In-house payroll processing from start to finish. This is hands down the best platform I have ever used. Once we get the employees hired in UltiPro it is relatively seamless. But when we recruit in one program and process in another UltiPro is very stubborn and does not communicate.
Read Tena Dills's full review
Donald R. Armstrong, SPHR, SHRM-SCP profile photo
March 25, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Great System"

• Being able to create electronic processes creates efficiency
  • We are able to reduce data entry errors by only having to enter information once
  • Ability to track vacant positions
  • Ability to track turnover and reporting from that
In performance management, we not only initiate performance reviews but we also create workflows for merit increases.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Having an HRIS that integrates with payroll is crucial for us.
Read Donald R. Armstrong, SPHR, SHRM-SCP's full review
Heather Harrington profile photo
March 25, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro is wonderful!"

• The UltiPro system is easy to implement. We did it with two HR employees and had minimal IT involvement.
  • The UltiPro reporting system is robust and you don't need to be an IT professional to use it.
  • UltiPro's platform configure feature helps you make the system fit your company.
  • While UltiPro offers a lot of wonderful training, it would be helpful to have access to checklists of the full process on items. For example, if you have to add a new location, we have submitted it before to our account manager, but it was never sent to taxes.....we assumed one ticket was the only thing needed.
UltiPro can easily be used for all types of companies. It may be a little more robust for startup companies.
  • Time savings
We have already begun saving time with UltiPro. This year we plan on rolling out more features to our management team and empowering them with the management tools available.
Read Heather Harrington's full review
Andrew Pitchford, SHRM-CP profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Fantastic HRIS"

• Customizable to suit the organization's unique needs.
  • Very user-friendly for front-end users and back-end administrators.
  • Powerful reporting capabilities.
  • The existing Time Management module has many weaknesses, but these are all being addressed in a new version to be released soon.
  • Service requests can occasionally take a long time to receive attention and be completed, depending on time of year.
UltiPro has worked well for us starting at around 600 employees and now up to 900. The integration between modules has helped automate a lot of manual processes for us. It's a very powerful service that can be used in whatever way best suits the organization. I recommend having an HRIS expert on hand to really help achieve its full potential.
  • Security and peace of mind
All outcomes have been achieved for us. It's a good cost model for mid-market clients. Much time has been saved through automation of manual processes. All data is in one place and flows from piece to piece seamlessly. And we haven't had any security issues.
Read Andrew Pitchford, SHRM-CP's full review
Kelley Doss profile photo
March 22, 2019

Review: "UltiPro has great useabilty but no so great client interaction."

• UltiPro is one of the easiest platforms for Payroll and HRIS that I have ever used.
  • The Employee interface is extremely user friendly and self explanatory.
  • UltiPro is always updating their systems and platforms for the client to have a more enjoyable experience.
  • Customer service with UltiPro is lacking where other systems I have used are hands on with the clients.
  • When we outsource to an UltiPro product, I would like for it to be completely outsourced and not still have to follow behind ensuring things are done and correct. Example, issues with taxes in 2018.
  • We need the different platforms to be more customizable to fit our company's needs. Example, Onboarding and Recruiting.
The products are very easy to use but the customer service and lack of knowledge in UltiPro hinders progression.
  • Time savings
I would love to see more efficiencies across our entire company by using more UltiPro abilities.
Read Kelley Doss's full review
Karen Livermore profile photo
March 22, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro is an overall great product!"

• The Support Teams have been wonderful to work with, very knowledgeable and responsive.
  • The system is always being developed and enhanced to stay current and best meet client needs.
  • Although the reporting tools are very robust, it is somewhat misleading in the beginning with the resource(s) and skill level that will be needed to really take full advantage of the reporting capabilities.
  • I would really like to see enhancements to the security elements of Recruiting to better meet each clients needs rather than a structured role approach.
  • I would love to see capabilities to allow the client to add text to workflows that would offer instruction to the employees/managers.

If you are looking for a system that touches all areas of the Employee Life Cycle without bolting on additional products, UltiPro is a great choice. It is very user-friendly and always being enhanced and developed to stay current with technology.

• Security and peace of mind
We have seen efficiencies with administrative processes. We have also been able to offer much more to our employees and managers with one fully integrated system.
Read Karen Livermore's full review
Anna Strawman profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Happy User"

• Tailorability
  • Reliability
  • User Friendly
  • Variety of features and functions
  • We have not found any issues as of yet.
We began by using Ultipro for strictly HR functions but have now incorporated a lot more features. It is a great tool to link the employee to the organization and answer questions they may have without having to come to HR directly. Our employees like that they can correct their own details, such as address, and submit them for approval without having to fill out forms.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Ultipro has given us a platform to standardize our employee documents and details for all offices and levels of organization. We love the ease of use and ability to customize the formatting so that everyone can understand.
Read Anna Strawman's full review
Angela Rafine profile photo
March 22, 2019

User Review: "UltiPro - Our Hero"

• User-friendly - Has all info for employees in one place.
  • Payroll system is great! Easy to learn.
  • Lots of training available for end users.
  • Customer Service - response time is quick. Account managers are easy to get a hold of.
  • The mobile app - but that may be because features are not accessible to us because of our corporate office.
  • Lots of screens to go through when changes are made.
  • Once you get the system up and running, it's simple to operate.
  • Implementation was long.....and labor intensive for us.
We had a coding issue last year that caused a number of our employees to have incorrect W2's. We were not very familiar with how to solve the situation, so we created a case for assistance to have this solved. Our representative that helped me through the process was very knowledgeable. He followed up with us even after everything was over. I couldn't thank him enough - he made a difficult situation much easier!!
  • Security and peace of mind
We hope to have all processes in one system. Right now we do on-boarding manually, so hopefully we can look into getting that feature.
Read Angela Rafine's full review
Nicole Cotner profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Ultimate Software-#1 in my book!"

• I think UltiPro has great customer service. They have a support team that you can call into and they seem to all be pretty knowledgeable at what issue is at hand and they can walk you through it. If they can't, they escalate the issue to another team that specifically deals with the issue at hand. You also have a dedicated account manager/team that is appointed to you to help you with anything that arises.
  • The interface of their platforms are very user-friendly. It didn't take much training on our employee's parts to know how the system worked for their needs.
  • I recently attended Connections which is Ultimate's yearly user conference. It was very well organized and they really tried accommodating everyone there. They had plenty of their staff to help people with questions or help them get around in the hotel to find classes. There seemed to be a class/session for every topic imaginable and all classes that I took were very informative. They really engaged their clients when executives from the company talked to all of us as a whole. They also really seem to care about family and charities and their staff.
  • One of the functionality features that I wish could be changed is when you are within certain screens in UltiPro. Wen you click on a bullet item you want to get to, it takesyou to that screen which shuts out the current screen you were in. For ex: if I want to stay in the Payroll Gateway but need to look at a timesheet, I want the Payroll Gateway page to stay open but also have the timesheet opened at the same time. This would just save time to not have to navigate back and forth.
UltiPro has been a great choice for us. We are overall very happy with the decision. We met with several other companies through our process of trying to find the right solution for us. We are excited for the upcoming features that UltiPro has on their roadmap and can't wait to start using them as they become released.
  • Security and peace of mind
Before we moved to UltiPro, our HR management and Payroll management were under a variety of different programs. Now with UltiPro, it's so much easier to all be under the same platform.
Read Nicole Cotner's full review
Deanna Criss profile photo
March 22, 2019

UltiPro Review: "Ulti Pro Yeah or Nay"

• The service people are always very nice.
  • You can receive assistance in minutes.
  • The year end process check lists are wonderful.
  • Missing functionality in UTM. I would like to have the supervisor access (in order to see what screens they see) along with my Administrator access.
  • Some of the support people may not have enough knowledge of our system or just in general.

It is well suited for payroll and time management.

It seems like information comes fast and furious at times but that just may be because of legislation.

I believe we have achieved most of our goals.
Read Deanna Criss's full review
Michele Matthews profile photo
March 22, 2019

User Review: "Why I love UltiPro"

• One thing that is extremely wonderful is that Ultimate knows that there is always room for improvement and listens to the customer. Each year we see improvements implemented that customers request.
  • One area is the compensation module. Currently salary planning only goes to managers with their direct reports. The old module also had it go to the department head with his direct reports and their direct reports, which made it easier when you are using a pool. It would be nice to add that back into the module.
It really is an easy product to use and the tools to help you along the way are great, which is needed since this is a virtual system.
Read Michele Matthews's full review
Abel Mercado profile photo
March 05, 2019

Review: "UltiPro - The professional solution for Human Capital Management"

• The search bar has to be one of the biggest benefits of UltiPro! It may seem like something small but it saves so much time especially when you need to find something immediately. The search bar searches as you type so you should be able to find what you're looking in a matter of seconds!
  • UltiPro is so simple to navigate! Every tab/function is well organized and easy to find.
  • Another great thing is the "Pay" widget that can be added to your main dashboard. It provides the user with a fast and simple way to see your most recent pay statement and your most recent pay date.
  • UltiPro does have a mobile app, however, a very important function is missing. There is no clock-in/clock-out function on the mobile interface! This function would be so beneficial for those employees on the go or who don't want to wait until they are at a desktop to clock in/clock out.
  • Another con is that employees cannot clock in once you log in because there is no widget on the main dashboard. Employees have to search "Time" in the search bar or look for the tab. Having a time widget on the main dashboard would be so beneficial.
UltiPro is well suited for any company of any size! I currently work for a property development company and we have recently switched over from ADP and I firmly believe that this a great substitution. Every single one of our properties, as well as headquarters, use this solution and we all have been loving it!
  • Time savings
I believe that the goal when we switched solutions was that we wanted to save time on all ends. From generating reports for the HR department to approving time off requests, UltiPro has really helped us save time! Pulling reports and analytics can be done very efficiently using Ultipro.
Read Abel Mercado's full review
Sarah J. Smogoleski, CPP, HRIP profile photo
February 10, 2019

"Brand New UltiPro Client's Review"

• Payroll processing workflow
  • End user experience (GUI)
  • Training- UltiPro university has a lot of offer in terms of resources and classes.
  • Payroll deduction change history
  • Ability to view direct deposit account information without having to click 'edit' record
  • Improved user experience for PTO approval page in UltiPro Time & Attendance
  • Additional views for managers in UltiPro Time & Attendance (PTO calendar for team)
Great for US-based companies - especially small to medium sized. Still working to understand international limitations for core system. Does not support UK payroll processing.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Difficult to assess as we do not have sys admin control...changes are made without communication.
Read Sarah J. Smogoleski, CPP, HRIP's full review
Brittany Moody, SHRM-CP profile photo
February 08, 2019

Review: "UltiPro: The Gateway to a Paperless HR Department"

We use is company wide.

• Ultipro support is incredible. They are always very helpful and they contact me very quickly after I submit a request.
  • Their product development is always moving at the speed of lightening. They are continually coming out with new solutions for us and developing their current products as well.
  • They make their web portal extremely easy to use as an administrator. Everything is exactly where I think it should be.
  • I would like to see more and more pages opened up for platform configuration.
  • I would like to see more development of the UTA reporting product and mapping into Cognos for Core rather than having to report on UTA data from UTA Cognos.
  • I would like the scheduled reporting feature in UTA to be more reliable.
  • In Performance Management, I would like the ability as an Administrator to add additional contributors for managers and send the reviews to the employees.
  • In Performance Management, I would like the ability as an Administrator to enter review comments for a an Additional Contributor if they for some reason can't get to it.
UltiPro is a great product for companies who are tech savvy. Our law firm is a little less tech savvy than most companies so we have had to overcome a few hurdles, which requires extra support from HR for our users.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have achieved all of these outcomes and continue to deepen our use of Ultipro.
Read Brittany Moody, SHRM-CP's full review

Employee demographic data (416)
Employment history (426)
Job profiles and administration (407)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (399)
Organizational charting (342)
Organization and location management (362)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (286)
Pay calculation (386)
9.2
Support for external payroll vendors (184)
Benefit plan administration (362)
Direct deposit files (383)
Salary revision and increment management (300)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (261)
Balance details (279)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (232)
View and generate pay and benefit information (427)
Update personal information (426)
9.5
View company policy documentation (301)
Employee recognition (172)
View job history (422)
9.2
Tracking of all physical assets (115)
Report builder (407)
Pre-built reports (408)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (287)
New hire portal (273)
Manager tracking tools (225)
Corporate goal setting (146)
Individual goal setting (180)
Line-of sight-visibility (133)
Performance tracking (170)
Performance plans (216)
Performance improvement plans (175)
Review status tracking (219)
Review reminders (199)
Multiple review frequency (170)
Create succession plans/pools (86)
Candidate ranking (82)
Candidate search (86)
Candidate development (83)
Job Requisition Management (233)
Company Website Posting (225)
Publish to Social Media (173)
Job Search Site Posting (206)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (180)
Applicant Tracking (225)
Notifications and Alerts (209)

About UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s UltiPro® cloud HR, payroll, and talent solutions help organizations improve the employee experience, from personalized recruiting and onboarding that foster long-term relationships to convenient, role-based access to pay, benefits, and career development information. With UltiPro, companies can rapidly process payroll; manage employee requests with HR service delivery; leverage flexible time solutions; offer a modern approach to learning; facilitate productive performance, succession, and compensation management; and measure employee sentiment through advanced surveys powered by Xander®, Ultimate’s portfolio of “People First” artificial intelligence technologies. Most importantly, UltiPro is supported by powerful business intelligence to help organizations drive smarter, people-focused results.

UltiPro Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Does not have featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UltiPro Screenshots

UltiPro Videos (3)

UltiPro Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UltiPro Competitors