Overall Satisfaction with CrashPlan
Whether it’s viruses or malware, or hardware failures and accidents, the new CrashPlan tool backs up and protects the documents, images, and other files that are stored locally on your computer, and not on the H: drives.
- Setup was a breeze. The documentation was very straight forward and if you just follow the steps it just worked. I was concerned that most companies do not lean towards using Linux however they do.
- Love the ability to integrate it into LDAP. The ease of use for deployment of the application to a laptop and or desktop is seamless.
- Low overhead of the desktop application. I love the fact that it just backs up on a set schedule and can be throttled so that it does not use a lot of bandwidth.
- Not available for iPads yet. As we have users that only have iPads their data is not able to be backed up at this time. Have to resort to using iCloud.
- Needs to have an easier way to integrate into LDAP.
- Setup was flawless. We turned up our server on a Ubuntu Server to allow low overhead and stability. Had some issues getting it tied to LDAP in the beginning however that was quickly resolved.
- Customer service is amazing with Code42. Everyone is very willing to help and is very professional. They take pride in their product and see this as a value.
- The ROI is priceless: Having the ability to restore data with very little downtime is hard to put a price tag on. Knowing that a users' data can be backed up to or restored from the cloud from anywhere there is an internet connection.
We did not look at any other vendors. They gave us a trial and we even got it extended due to not having enough cycles to put it thru its paces. They let you know what the benefits are for using the cloud vs. a hybrid solution. I love the unlimited retention. I like the ability to throttle the backups so if you are on limited or metered bandwidth it's not an issue.
Crashplan is best suited for admins and senior leadership where their data is most crucial. Loss of data for executives and their assistants due to virus, theft, malware, and crypto can bring production and a business to a halt until the help desk and or systems/security can try to resolve the issue.