Crowdbooster Review: "Great software for growing programs"https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-analyticsCrowdboosterUnspecified8.7131012013-10-28T20:45:00.825Z
- Provides quick, at-a-glance summary on social media performance. Great for those last minute reports!
- Provides useful metrics on engagement and impressions to help you evaluate your performance.
- Provides a snapshot of timing to help determine the best times to schedule your posts/tweets.
- Love that the product is flexible and allows me to export specific information from a custom date range.
- Would like to see more demographic information incorporated into audience follower information (location, language, etc.).
- Would love to see more information within Crowdbooster about my Twitter followers (similar to what is provided in Twitter Analytics).
- Click data reported in Crowdbooster and Twitter has been inconsistent--I'm getting different reports from each, with Crowdbooster usually reporting less.
- Increased efficiency. I am able to generate useful snapshot reports in seconds. Particularly useful when you need answers fast (such as on a phone call).
- Peace of mind. I am able to compare the data in Crowdbooster to what is exported from Facebook and Twitter.
- Quicker, simpler evaluation of results. I am able to more easily compare impressions with engagement data to see what is working, and what should change. Particularly useful in day-to-day analysis.
I can't imagine being able to quickly and efficiently report out the type of results that I am able to without Crowdbooster. The summaries that I can generate are crucial to my daily tasks. The software helps to save labor hours. In the future, I would love to see some more functionality built in--especially for the demographic, geographic, and language information that is provided by Twitter Analytics and Facebook Insights. If that was built in to Crowdbooster, this would be a one-stop solution. Overall, Crowdbooster has been very useful in helping to grow the audience for a fairly new social media program.
Before recommending Crowdbooster, I'd want to know what goals they hope to accomplish with the software. Then I would want them to specifically identify what types of metrics would be most useful to their program. If they specifically need to report out on how many people in a certain location they reached, this isn't the right fit. If they are using other tools, there may be duplication. However, if they are currently using more budget-friendly solutions or just getting started with a new program, Crowdbooster is a perfect fit. It will help you to grow your program and is flexible enough to accommodate your needs.
Evaluation and Selection
Crowdbooster was cost effective and provided an intuitive, easy to use interface to generate reports quickly and easily. I felt some of the other options were priced either similarly or higher, and were more complicated to use. I was really looking for a solution that was flexible and that would grow with our program and staff.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
We were able to demo the software as a free trial before Crowdbooster switched to a paid service. We were so pleased with it that it became an integral part of our program.
If you can demo a free trial, that is definitely the best way to see if this will fit your program's specific needs.
I found it fairly intuitive and easy to use. The information is laid out cleanly, and the most important information appears at a glance on the home page. However, I have worked with other users who had a hard time switching between platforms and identifying where other information was buried. It's not always clear that something is a clickable button! The option to export results is also a bit buried, and not integrated with the date range option.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Not well integrated
- Scheduling posts.
- Reviewing summary data (such as impressions).
- Customizing user settings.
- It can be difficult for new users to figure out how to export their results.
- Would like to be able to export charts/graphs.
- When I switch from one platform to the other, I'd like it to preserve the custom date range that I specified rather than enter it again.
- It's not clear to new users that the "Followers" box is a button that leads to more data.