Food Cost 101
January 25, 2019
Food Cost 101
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with CrunchTime!
We use Crunchtime! to monitor food and labor costs at our restaurants. It is deployed to close to 1500 stores and the information we receive helps us to mange food costs.
- The integration to our Vendors is well done allow us to place orders and monitor vendors for contract compliance.
- The integration to our POS was simple which allows us to easily exchange data.
- There update cadence is short and they are always releasing system improvements.
- Until recently we were unable to get accurate data from franchisees that are unwilling to use the product. That is changing with some new feature releases.
- The software has allowed us to maintain consistency of our products while helping to keep food cost down.
- The software has allowed us to maintain quality and determine which stores are not properly executing our recipes which allows us to do customized training.
We selected CrunchTime! many years ago because they were a relatively small company with a good product. We have grown with them. We have looked at competitors over the years and have not found a company that we would consider switching to.
CrunchTime! is well suited for non-franchised restaurant brands. When you have control of the end-user it makes deployment and use much easier. It is less suited for franchised restaurants because of the inability for the franchiser to require its use. Without end-user interaction some data points are not available. Some of the recent changes in the software have addressed this.