Cyberduck is quacktastic
September 24, 2020
Cyberduck is quacktastic
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cyberduck
Cyberduck is used by most of our Mac users. Based on how our servers are set up, we use Cyberduck to access our servers while working remotely. PC users have a separate access option. Additionally, we use Cyberduck on the production side, for 10+ years now, to transfer files back and forth between us and our vendors. Any time an ftp address is shared or needed, we're using Cyberduck. Having one app that an do all of this creates simplicity and a streamlined workflow.
- Transferring of files is quick and simple.
- The interface is easy to use and understand.
- The setting up of new ftp sites is straight forward.
- Some might want a more flashy interface, but I like the basic folder structure appearance.
- If anything, maybe just the ability to change from a list view to an icon view.
- I don't think there's a specific ROI by using Cyberduck. It's more about having something easy to use for us and our vendors on the production side of the business.
- On the server side, it's been extremely helpful to be able to easily access files while working remotely during COVID-19.
The other ftp client I've used in the past has been Fetch. Fetch is a nice ftp client as well but there were no major differences in the two so as a business we decided on Cyberduck. I like the basic interface that Cyberduck has to offer versus the bubbly interface that Fetch uses. I do feel Cyberduck has a touch better usability feature.
Honestly, I've never had to use the Cyberduck support. I guess this is a testament to their software and how easy it is to use. I've used ftps for a very long time though so maybe that's why I know how to set up new addresses. Again, it's a very straight forward application and easy to use.
I really like the basic interface and folder like structure. It makes me feel like I'm in a regular folder window on my Mac. Navigation is simple. The toolbar is customizable to be able to add or remove icons to improve the simplicity and ease of use of the application. The app is very simply designed, which I appreciate.
Do you think Cyberduck delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cyberduck's feature set?
Did Cyberduck live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cyberduck go as expected?
Would you buy Cyberduck again?
Any time you need or want to use an ftp client, an app such as Cyberduck is perfectly suited. I feel it works best when you're working with another business or vendor. If you need to send files to a client that are too large for email, I typically use WeTransfer, but mainly because you don't need to sign in to use that.