Updated January 09, 2014
Score 7 out of 10
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Time Management
- From an administrative point of view, the platform was easy to configure for the organization we were supporting. Daptiv professional services assisted with conversion from another product and were able to match nearly all of the customized fields and security features available in the other product. This made acceptance and conversion as smooth as possible.
- From the project manager and contributor point of view, Daptiv allowed easier access to track and monitor tasks. Portfolios were setup to oversee the work executed under each department. Time entry and approval processes allowed accurate tracking of hours spent across all lines of business.
- From the executive reporting point of view, Cognos sits on top of the Daptiv data model, which allows report designers the capability to extract information in any format to produce reports, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis.
- Although Daptiv professional services were helpful during our conversion efforts, the team seemed lacking in following an establish process and methodology, leaving much of the requirements gathering process up to others to produce without much in the way of advice or guidance.
- The resource management module was not initially rolled out for our organization. The interface to those functions seemed overly complex and non-intuitive. The large learning curve, business process re-design and training effort was too costly and time consuming for the organization to absorb at the time.
- The key point for this organization was the retirement of a costly, on-site hosted client-server platform called Rational Portfolio Manager. IBM abandoned support of the product in 2008 and the system was on its last legs. This was replaced by Daptiv's SaaS model. The result alleviated all maintenance and reliability issues, providing a platform that was easier to use and greatly improved reporting capabilities.
All PPM tools have their good and bad points. The Daptiv platform does Project, Portfolio and Time & Expense Management extremely well and is easy to configure. Resource and Demand Management remains a challenge for this as well as with other tools.