Overall Satisfaction with Datadog
DataDog is currently being used by Wayfair's Monitoring, Network Ops, and Critical Incident teams to provide a variety of data to provision, manage and maintain the existing infrastructure for internal and external sites and applications. It is a critical input to how these teams identify, tag, and respond to alerts within the company. We use Datadog for the current day to day provisioning tasks and well as prior/after any maintenance.
It has a key plug-in with ServiceNow and this is a key integration at Wayfair. ServiceNow is used as the reporting platform to store and index all DataDog alerting. Further, we have built several notification systems to piggy back off DataDog alerts for clear and wide-spread notifications to all stakeholders of a particular stack of technology.
The visuals and simple interface provides a clean and ready-made application in which to address the business and technical needs, for a rapidly evolving infrastructure. Wayfair has a tremendous amount of growth and we rely on this tool to grow and adapt alongside us. The Platform as a Service approach has proven to provide what we need, without the dependencies to support the infrastructure, which is a big bonus for our teams.
- APIs, the ability to interact with the data we pull into data dog is key. We port the information over to Servicenow, so the ability to pull everything into DataDog, then Servicenow, is a key component of our success here at Wayfair.
- Simple Interface - clean, useful, effective. Allows users to use DataDog for one reason, get work done.
- Lightweight agent on hosts
- Reducing the delays in monitoring agent response time
- Configuration of aggregate metrics, allow us to compile / aggregate data faster and with more ease
- Improvements in Security policies
- Reduced downtime in alert resolution (coupled with Servicenow)
- Quick turnaround for improvements where historical data gaps are identified
- Graphs/Visuals provide easy sharing/reporting to peers