Dell PowerConnect Switches Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/lan-switchesDell PowerConnect SwitchesUnspecified7.971012017-06-20T18:03:15.534Z
June 20, 2017
Dell PowerConnect Switches Review
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Dell PowerConnect Switches
We use Dell PowerConnect switches for the core of our network as well as secondary switching.
- First and foremost, they just work. Months if not years of continuous up time.
- The price for Dell PowerConnect switches is always reasonable. Quite a few ports for the money.
- I can't remember a power supply failing.
- I've had fans burn out after the warranty period. In a way that is a positive and tells you just how long the fans last. However, it would be nice if the fans lasted a bit longer.
- In a perfect world, it would be nice if the switches were not so loud.
- The ROI is great. Lost of ports and features for the money.
- The Dell PowerConnect has allowed us to interconnect our core networking devices for a reasonable price.
I've used Cisco, Enterasys (are they still around?), HP, and Brocade. For the money, ease of ordering at Dell, support, and warranty, you really just can't go wrong with PowerConnect class switches.