Dell PowerConnect Switches Reviews

Carol Moreira | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dell Powerconnect Switches are used by Vivo's Infrastructure team for access and distribution. These are well-priced and cost-effective switching technologies. We use the 24 access door models, 1524 and the 48 access door model, 1548. Both have up to 10GB uplinks on SFP + port. They are great switches with good support too.
  • Quick support and service.
  • Performance.
  • The switch could have a copper uplink port.
  • The switch could have a 40Gb uplink port.
I believe the PowerConnect Switch is recommended and fits best in access and distribution for its capacity and performance. For Core, I would recommend the Dell Force 10 line. The switches have power over ethernet and can power IP phones and access points at Vivo branches. The support on the Portuguese line and face-to-face service are some differentials that I found.
Read Carol Moreira's full review
Troy Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use them as our layer 3 core switches, distributed switches, and at all of our remote locations.
  • Easy to configure
  • Rock solid. Have only had 1 fail out of dozens in over 6 years.
  • Great features and interface.
  • Better multi-browser functionality.
I found that the Dell PowerConnect Switches are well suited for any scenario that I have been involved with. I have not found any scenario that I couldn't use a PowerConnect.
Read Troy Smith's full review
Steve P | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dell PowerConnect switches for the core of our network as well as secondary switching.
  • First and foremost, they just work. Months if not years of continuous up time.
  • The price for Dell PowerConnect switches is always reasonable. Quite a few ports for the money.
  • I can't remember a power supply failing.
  • I've had fans burn out after the warranty period. In a way that is a positive and tells you just how long the fans last. However, it would be nice if the fans lasted a bit longer.
  • In a perfect world, it would be nice if the switches were not so loud.
It is well suited in a small to medium sized business that is trying to get the most ROI possible in IT. Not particularly suited for an environment that is expecting Cisco type interfaces.
Read Steve P's full review

Dell PowerConnect Switches Scorecard Summary

About Dell PowerConnect Switches

Dell PowerConnect is a series of networking switches.

Dell PowerConnect Switches Technical Details