Overall Satisfaction with Dell PowerConnect Switches
They are rack-mounted in our server room. They provide network connectivity to all the servers in the rack space. We chose them because all of our servers are Dell as well.
- They work well with other Dell products.
- They are easy to setup and manage because the UI is homogenous across Dell.
- Port configuration is a bonus too.
- If the price had some room to come down we would be able to afford higher models.
- The CLI could be more uniform across the suite of switches.
- Sometimes they will fight you on spanning tree protocol.
- Layer 3 routing.
- Gigabit speed.
- Fully managed, Web and CLI.
- Consistent uptime.
- Long lasting, haven't had to replace yet.
- Ruckus ICX Switches (formerly Brocade ICX Switches)
I like the Web connectivity of the Ruckus and being able to manage them from anywhere with a web browser. I still prefer to keep everything a Dell shop though.
Do you think Dell PowerConnect Switches delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Dell PowerConnect Switches's feature set?
Did Dell PowerConnect Switches live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Dell PowerConnect Switches go as expected?
Would you buy Dell PowerConnect Switches again?
We work in the electric industry. These should not be used in a high-heat environment. We like to keep the temperature of the room in the low 60's so they are not suited for our Substation locations due to extreme heat and cold. However, they perform great in a server room.