Overall Satisfaction with Devolutions Password Server
I tried out the Password Server as a potential solution to our current password solution. I found that it was ok but did not address our needs as an organization. I was just trialing it because we use the RDM from Devolutions and I thought it was would be great to integrate the two. However, there are shortcomings that I did not like. For instance I could not copy the password as it was "hidden" in the password server.
- Integration with Devolutions RDM
- Cloud interface it a lot easier than having a specific application
- Encryption of the password server is very good and secure for all the needs.
- More options for importing password safes/vaults
- Allow passwords to be copied without exposing the password in plaintext
- Add an extension to web browsers for the password vault
- ROI was higher when I used the password server
- The time to set up took a while since the importing from out password vault would not work properly
- The server worked quickly reducing our response time
This does not suit our password scenarios since we have a weird password application that is older. It would help us since we have the RDM already. It would also be useful for companies that have a lot of people in their IT department. Since we have a small team it is not worth it to purchase the password server.