LastPass, a LogMeIn company, is a password management application to simplify access to enterprise applications for users but also increase centrality and ease of management of access for administrators with task automation, convenient and secure password sharing, and other features.LastPass solves your headache!LastPass is being used throughout our organization. LastPass solves the issue of username and password storage. It is a valid concern these days with hackers trying to gain access to an organization's data. When access to a certain site is required by different users, by limiting the number of users who have access to see the actual password, would be most ideal. And in event passwords are updated, there is no need to inform every user. Also, with employees coming and going, the limitation of password viewing is very important. There's no need to change the password of a particular site when the employee who is leaving did not know the password. LastPass allows a login to be shared with another user without letting the user know the actual password.,LastPass allows users to have a personal account to store personal passwords that can be joined to an organization account. And when you leave the organization, you can disengage your personal account from the organization account to take with you. LastPass helps to store passwords that are unique and not common which no normal person can remember. You can install the phone app and bring the passwords on the go. You can access LastPass on any computer via their website to get your passwords. You can share and unshare logins with anyone as long as you have access to the internet. LastPass allows users to create Shared Folders. This is particularly useful for organizations which intends to expand their employee head count exponentially. With Shared Folders, managers can share login information with new employees without sharing the passwords by just giving the new employee access to the particular shared folder. Managers can have different Shared Folders and share access to each folder to different users. Each folder can have different users. So for example, the tech team would only need access to the Tech Shared Folder and the accounting team would only need access to the Accounting Shared Folder. Leave the heavy encryption of password and usernames to LastPass while you focus on building your company.,LastPass requires you to have access to internet for changes and updates. If you have the phone app, you can view your data offline which might not be accurate if you have not accessed internet in a while. When a login is shared via LastPass, any updates by the owner of the login takes a long time to get to shared users. Shared users might not get updated for 15mins to 30mins. The workaround is to log out and log back in. The chances of the update happening by doing that is much higher. In most case, when a login is shared via LastPass with password not viewable by shared user, the password is hidden. But in some cases, like when password is shared for a PayPal account, even though password is supposed to be hidden, the user can still see the actual password on PayPal site. This might not be the fault of LastPass and the way PayPal works but just be cautious about it.,10,Onboarding new employees is easy for managers. On their first day, they sign up for LastPass and boom, logins can be shared to their account instantaneously. Similar with off-boarding, managers can delete access with immediate effect. It saves time to have one individual save the login information into a Shared Folder rather than have 10 account managers save it into their computer.,Slack, AsanaMy Personal Favorite Password ManagerWe use LastPass across the organization. As a startup, we find it's a very effective tool for sharing and managing passwords for different accounts, as well as adding permissions when on-boarding a new employee and removing permissions when employees leave. It's also nice for having a dashboard of all the software you use, which also makes on-boarding easy, because you have your passwords to all of the relevant software stored on your LastPass dashboard.,Sharing and managing passwords is very simple and intuitive. Other services I've used have been a bit more confusing Form filling is consistent and reliable. I've used other services where I haven't been as impressed with their consistency LastPass is one of the more affordable options for password management,The user interface/experience isn't always the most intuitive. There have been a number of things that took me a while to figure out. Especially team password stuff. Strictly browser based. I do like the option to download a program like some other password managers have This is getting a bit nit picky, but the icon that shows up in the username/password field is kind of ugly,9,LastPass has saved us hundreds of dollars/month in additional SaaS subscription fees in situations where we don't necessarily need to pay for an additional user. For that alone it pays for itself It saves us time and frustration for the tedious part of user on-boarding Difficult to specifically quantify the ROI here, but it helps us to be more secure by auto-generating far more secure and unique passwords than we'd otherwise generate ourselves.,Dashlane and 1Password,OneNote, Branch, Google Hangouts, Medium, Mixpanel, InVisionLastPass makes password management and security a breezeWe use LastPass to save and store securely all our login details across all websites and apps. It's an integral part of everything we do on a daily basis because we need to login to multiple websites and apps. Without LastPass, it would be very difficult to use long, unique passwords. Thanks to LastPass we are able to use unique passwords across websites and apps, and it saves us time by not needing to type in unique passwords over and over again.,Allows us to quickly login to websites and apps Allows us to use unique, long passwords for individual websites/apps Gives us the ability to access our passwords across devices Quickly saves new login details,Not so much LastPass issue, but it would be good if LastPass was able to disable Chrome's auto-fill on stored logins for a website. Sometimes Chrome's auto-fill popup can cover LastPass' popup, and I don't want to disable Chrome's auto-fill for everything. Sometimes LastPass will try to save details on pages with forms (not login pages), it would be good if there was a way to disable it. Maybe it's already available and I haven't looked into it. By default, LastPass shows logins available for a website based on top level domain (domain.com). You have to add a special rule for each domain to let LastPass use sub-domains instead. This should be the default behavior. Otherwise, you will see all logins for each sub-domain on all sub-domains. It's a bit annoying. I shouldn't see login details for sub1.domain.com when I try to login to sub2.domain.com, and vice-versa. Like I said, you can fix this with a rule but you must do it for each domain. This should be the default behavior.,10,LastPass is an integral part of our business, it's hard to put a monetary value on ROI because frankly all revenue can be considered an ROI from LastPass. Without better password management and ability to use unique passwords across hundreds of websites and apps, we could've suffered a breach and potentially lost all revenue. LastPass can easily save 1 hour per day simply from the manual action of finding login details and typing them in over and over again. Being able to quickly login to services we use definitely increases efficiency and productivity.,Dashlane and 1PasswordNo need anymore for handwritten password cheat sheetsI work in marketing and save a ton of passwords. My team and I take advantage of the LastPass sharing feature quite a bit. I also love that you can log in to all your saved sites with one single click. The autofill feature does the rest. The secure notes feature is also super handy for storing things like important phone numbers.,I used to have a very exhaustive list of usernames and passwords hidden beneath my keyboard -- obviously not the most effective (or secure) way to save this info. The worst was when I forgot to update the sheet to the most recent password; you'd get denied three times; your account would lock and then you're on hold with customer service for ten minutes trying to get in. With LastPass, you never need to write down another password again. You can rest assured knowing all your login info you handily and safely stored and accessible whenever (yes, even on your phone/tablet!) you need it. My team and I share a folder with important login info to multiple platforms. When one of us changes a password, we can easily update the record in our shared folder and be rest assured that we'll be able to access the platform seamlessly the next time we log in. The autofill feature is a huge time saver, especially when you're managing dozens of platforms. I've never logged into my accounts faster.,Sometimes (and it's rare), my vault will list the password for my LastPass login as the password for each site in my vault. It's a bizarre and rare occurrence but can be remedied if I back out of the window and try again.,10,Since LastPass is a free tool, the ROI speaks for itself.,,Airtable, Hootsuite Free, FormAssembly, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio, Basecamp, Dropbox, Box, WixLastPass truly is the the greatest password repository availableLastPass is an awesome way to manage passwords for both work and home. I only use it personally, we haven't implemented it company wide but I would absolutely recommend it for business. After having my checking account hacked, I realized that using randomized passwords was going to be necessary. LastPass works great on my phone, home computer, work computer and travel laptop. I use it for hundreds of different websites as well as keeping copies of all my important documents.,Identifies logins and passwords - Just about anytime there is a login, LastPass will integrate into the login. Occasionally, certain websites will block all ability to insert a password. LastPass still identifies the website and shows that they have an available password. Integration into the password bar is excellent - I love seeing the little LastPass icon within the password login. It's typically very easy to click on it and select the correct username and password. Secure - I feel that the LastPass product is safe from viruses and other harmful malware. The options in making a password are also very easy.,Occasionally, LastPass has updated a password that shouldn't have been updated. When this occurs, you have to reset the password again. Sometimes the website changes names for mobile or certain other logins and LastPass doesn't recognize the URL. Passwords within Windows and Chrome extensions don't get recognized. So if you are logging into a Windows computer, you'll still need one additional password. Also, the programs within Windows will need a password. It doesn't happen often but it is a pain. My banking app needs a password for the Chrome extension for instance.,10,I would say ROI is slightly positive to neutral. The highest benefit is productivity and not getting hacked. How do you put a price on that? If you have any enemies or competitors in a highly competitive environment this is essential. If you need to manage your important documents like a drivers license, Social Security and birth certificate this is great. Sharing passwords with family and friends is very easy and can really save some time and money.,,Salesgenie, Loom Systems, Salesforce Lightning
LastPass

LastPass Reviews

LastPass
Filter 40 vetted LastPass reviews and ratings
Maison Tan profile photo
November 18, 2018

User Review: "LastPass solves your headache!"

LastPass is being used throughout our organization.

• LastPass allows users to have a personal account to store personal passwords that can be joined to an organization account. And when you leave the organization, you can disengage your personal account from the organization account to take with you.
  • LastPass helps to store passwords that are unique and not common which no normal person can remember. You can install the phone app and bring the passwords on the go. You can access LastPass on any computer via their website to get your passwords. You can share and unshare logins with anyone as long as you have access to the internet.
  • LastPass allows users to create Shared Folders. This is particularly useful for organizations which intends to expand their employee head count exponentially. With Shared Folders, managers can share login information with new employees without sharing the passwords by just giving the new employee access to the particular shared folder. Managers can have different Shared Folders and share access to each folder to different users. Each folder can have different users. So for example, the tech team would only need access to the Tech Shared Folder and the accounting team would only need access to the Accounting Shared Folder.
  • Leave the heavy encryption of password and usernames to LastPass while you focus on building your company.
  • LastPass requires you to have access to internet for changes and updates. If you have the phone app, you can view your data offline which might not be accurate if you have not accessed internet in a while.
  • When a login is shared via LastPass, any updates by the owner of the login takes a long time to get to shared users. Shared users might not get updated for 15mins to 30mins. The workaround is to log out and log back in. The chances of the update happening by doing that is much higher.
  • In most case, when a login is shared via LastPass with password not viewable by shared user, the password is hidden. But in some cases, like when password is shared for a PayPal account, even though password is supposed to be hidden, the user can still see the actual password on PayPal site. This might not be the fault of LastPass and the way PayPal works but just be cautious about it.
Most well suited for start-ups where employees come and go. Logins can be shared without sharing the password. Shared Folders makes it easy to share logins to a group of users. Share and Unshare is as easy as clicking a button.

For personal use, LastPass is very useful to remember logins to sites that we seldom use. Every site has different password requirements and it is impossible to remember logins. I like to be able to find my logins when I visit the site. LastPass has a prompt if it detects a stored password for the site you are visiting.
Read Maison Tan's full review
Brad Henderson profile photo
August 15, 2018

LastPass Review: "My Personal Favorite Password Manager"

• Sharing and managing passwords is very simple and intuitive. Other services I've used have been a bit more confusing
  • Form filling is consistent and reliable. I've used other services where I haven't been as impressed with their consistency
  • LastPass is one of the more affordable options for password management
  • The user interface/experience isn't always the most intuitive. There have been a number of things that took me a while to figure out. Especially team password stuff.
  • Strictly browser based. I do like the option to download a program like some other password managers have
  • This is getting a bit nit picky, but the icon that shows up in the username/password field is kind of ugly
LastPass is great for a startup organization like mine. It really helps make the on-boarding process more seamless, and saves us a lot of money on adding user licenses for additional employees for other software, when creating a new user isn't necessary. I haven't use LastPass in a larger organization but I can see how it may not be as useful as it is for us at our startup.
Read Brad Henderson's full review
Viktor Nagornyy profile photo
July 19, 2018

Review: "LastPass makes password management and security a breeze"

• Allows us to quickly login to websites and apps
  • Allows us to use unique, long passwords for individual websites/apps
  • Gives us the ability to access our passwords across devices
  • Quickly saves new login details
  • Not so much LastPass issue, but it would be good if LastPass was able to disable Chrome's auto-fill on stored logins for a website. Sometimes Chrome's auto-fill popup can cover LastPass' popup, and I don't want to disable Chrome's auto-fill for everything.
  • Sometimes LastPass will try to save details on pages with forms (not login pages), it would be good if there was a way to disable it. Maybe it's already available and I haven't looked into it.
  • By default, LastPass shows logins available for a website based on top level domain (domain.com). You have to add a special rule for each domain to let LastPass use sub-domains instead. This should be the default behavior. Otherwise, you will see all logins for each sub-domain on all sub-domains. It's a bit annoying. I shouldn't see login details for sub1.domain.com when I try to login to sub2.domain.com, and vice-versa. Like I said, you can fix this with a rule but you must do it for each domain. This should be the default behavior.
I personally recommend LastPass to everyone - friends, colleagues, and clients. It's a great tool that improves overall security for everyone and allows you to stop using easy to guess passwords across websites and apps. It's definitely one of the "best practices" for security we recommend to clients, so they don't have to use easy passwords and protect their own businesses.
Read Viktor Nagornyy's full review
Abigail Downs profile photo
May 22, 2018

LastPass Review: "No need anymore for handwritten password cheat sheets"

• I used to have a very exhaustive list of usernames and passwords hidden beneath my keyboard -- obviously not the most effective (or secure) way to save this info. The worst was when I forgot to update the sheet to the most recent password; you'd get denied three times; your account would lock and then you're on hold with customer service for ten minutes trying to get in. With LastPass, you never need to write down another password again. You can rest assured knowing all your login info you handily and safely stored and accessible whenever (yes, even on your phone/tablet!) you need it.
  • My team and I share a folder with important login info to multiple platforms. When one of us changes a password, we can easily update the record in our shared folder and be rest assured that we'll be able to access the platform seamlessly the next time we log in.
  • The autofill feature is a huge time saver, especially when you're managing dozens of platforms. I've never logged into my accounts faster.
  • Sometimes (and it's rare), my vault will list the password for my LastPass login as the password for each site in my vault. It's a bizarre and rare occurrence but can be remedied if I back out of the window and try again.
If you work on a team where you juggle multiple accounts, LastPass is the perfect solution for your login needs. Even as an individual, LastPass is a secure way to store all your important info, from work to personal life and everything in between. I can't recommend this product enough.
Read Abigail Downs's full review
Dan Sherman profile photo
July 22, 2018

Review: "LastPass truly is the the greatest password repository available"

• Identifies logins and passwords - Just about anytime there is a login, LastPass will integrate into the login. Occasionally, certain websites will block all ability to insert a password. LastPass still identifies the website and shows that they have an available password.
  • Integration into the password bar is excellent - I love seeing the little LastPass icon within the password login. It's typically very easy to click on it and select the correct username and password.
  • Secure - I feel that the LastPass product is safe from viruses and other harmful malware. The options in making a password are also very easy.
  • Occasionally, LastPass has updated a password that shouldn't have been updated. When this occurs, you have to reset the password again.
  • Sometimes the website changes names for mobile or certain other logins and LastPass doesn't recognize the URL.
  • Passwords within Windows and Chrome extensions don't get recognized. So if you are logging into a Windows computer, you'll still need one additional password. Also, the programs within Windows will need a password. It doesn't happen often but it is a pain. My banking app needs a password for the Chrome extension for instance.
I hate changing my password every 6 months. With LastPass, you will find that the passwords are so difficult and random that you never need to change your password again. I've also changed jobs and kept all my passwords from other systems thanks to LastPass. I've given LastPass to my mother and girlfriend and taught them how to use it. When LastPass started, it was a bit challenging but it has come a long way and I would recommend LastPass to anyone. This will help those older sales reps that cannot remember passwords to ERP systems, CRM systems and more.
Read Dan Sherman's full review
Brent Lionel Mausisa profile photo
July 10, 2018

LastPass Review: "Don't get locked-up or have log-in details stolen again!"

I use LastPass so my freelancing clients can safely share their log-in their details with me, and I can access their accounts to access pieces of information and process data on their behalf. LastPass has been very helpful so I can access my clients' social media accounts, tools and other platforms that they use to automate their businesses. LastPass gives peace of mind to my clients that they are still in control of their accounts though they share their log-in details with me.
  • LastPass is the best way to share your log-in details with your teammates safely.
  • I like its easy to accept interface when a log-in detail is shared with you.
  • Their password encryption technology is one-of-a-kind.
  • I believe LastPass should improve their log-in vault by providing a better user-interface in managing all those log-in details.
  • The feature that allows you to save your own log-in details should be improved too, specially when you change your password.
  • It's best also if there's a function where you can easily add a new user of a certain account.
LastPass is a great tool to save all your accounts in to one platform and at the same time share your log-in details with your workmates the safe way. LastPass is a great tool for businesses to safeguard their accounts that contains sensitive data.
Read Brent Lionel Mausisa's full review
Brad Bratcher profile photo
May 22, 2018

LastPass Review: "Remembering only one thing again"

LastPass has enabled me to securely log into dozens of accounts across multiple devices with the security of needing to memorize only one master password or have at least a scannable thumbprint.
  • Password generation
  • Global password updating
  • Security check across multiple log-in's in search of duplicate or easy to guess passwords
  • Also store other account information such as banking info, driver's license, passport photo, etc.
  • On the web version, I am not fond of having to remember that in order to see everything via the Chrome plug-in. I have to choose 'edit.' That's about it.
Well, passwords and personal information. Taking photos of licenses, credit cards, etc, in the event that they are lost, it makes for a wonderful Plan B. Less so with keeping more dynamic information that is less sensitive.
Read Brad Bratcher's full review
Toni Reifsteck profile photo
May 22, 2018

User Review: "LastPass Password Manager"

My team started using LastPass because of the number of shared access to incredibly visible parts of our org's online presence. The decision was about improving governance. We had a growing third-party agency admin body that had a nearly invisible audit trail and we desperately needed to get it under control. We had to migrate all user/admin access across digital channels to streamline access. We changed and fortified shared passwords to improve security.
  • Users only need one Master Password to get into a Vault where all fortified passwords are stored.
  • Extensions are available for browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
  • You don't need to remember passwords. Once you use your Master Password verified with 2FA, login credentials though encrypted, are made available.
  • Users can't see the passwords, only the admin can. This makes it safe for agencies and vendors to obtain access to our org's digital assets.
  • The only hiccup I have had was when my 2FA mobile device had to be replaced. I got a replacement in 24 hours but during that time, I did not have access to my platforms and I had to disable my 2FA temporarily.
  • For security conscious organizations like mine getting browser extensions installed requires approval. My team had to wait a few months to get our browser extensions installed.
LastPass is well suited for organizations or teams that have a lot of people (in-house and agencies) with access to your digital assets. It is also suitable for the lone user with a lot of passwords to remember.
Read Toni Reifsteck's full review
Michael Stein profile photo
July 05, 2018

LastPass Review: "Last Password Application You Will Need"

The well designed and executed LastPass makes smart password management a breeze. And their Google Chrome browser extension means you can use the service on just about any platform. They also have a great iOS App. Easy to use and share passwords with employees and even easier to revoke access when needed.
  • Password Management
  • Secure Password Generation
  • Sharing Access
  • Auto revocation
  • Grant 2-step access to users
  • Sub-user Logs
Premium features that most users would happily pay 3x the price for with security and reliability that can be trusted.
Read Michael Stein's full review
Angelo John Lewis profile photo
June 14, 2018

LastPass Review: "Simple and efficient password management"

LastPass manages my online passwords by serving for a repository for them. It also allows me to store sensitive data in a secure online location.
  • It does what it says - allows you to save passwords and access them online.
  • It's simple to use
  • It allows me to store sensitive data in a secure online location.
  • I don't like the fact that my login information shows up instantly on my computer as it's autosaved. There is probably two-step authentication I could use, but if so I haven't found out how to do it.
  • As I'm pretty lazy about selecting passwords, it would probably be better if Lastpass insisted that I create new passwords
  • There is a plug-in for most browsers, but not one for online browsers, meaning I have to go the app in my online browser to retrieve or add passwords.
As everyone is faced with remembering multiple passwords, it is suitable for ordinary users. However, it is probably not secure enough for enterprise users.
Read Angelo John Lewis's full review
November 14, 2018

LastPass Review: "Great for personal and business use"

Everyone on our team uses LastPass to manage their passwords and easily share them with each other. We have a lot of scattered accounts that many people need to access, so it suits our needs well.
  • Easy to set up
  • iOS app works seamlessly with functionality on desktop computer
  • Free accounts (and affordable paid axxounts)
  • Works for personal and business use
  • Sometimes I have issues with receiving updated passwords, because the owner who shares it doesn’t save it properly when updated.
Honestly, I love it. It works great for me (having well over 100 passwords to manage at work!) and I also recently got my husband to use it because his passwords are not very secure and he is always forgetting them. I’d recommend last pass to anyone needing more secure sharing at work or just making it easier to manage their own digital life.
September 28, 2018

Review: "LastPass will take you from passwords on sticky notes to password glory"

We used LastPass across the entire organization. We did this to help employees spend less time trying to memorize or manage their passwords and to provide them a secure sharing option for passwords.
  • Simple, prorated pricing for users
  • Good levels of security
  • Easy to use Chrome extension
  • A lot of our employees didn't understand how to use LastPass or got frustrated enough with it early on that they ended up giving up. When they did that, we didn't meet our security goals for having the software in place.
LastPass is well suited in most scenarios, as employees need to manage logins for multiple software products across various websites and often can't remember or have difficulty generating unique passwords for each. Though you can manage/save passwords with other providers (Google), LastPass also lets you share your passwords in a secure way which is helpful for teams (i.e., catering websites, building management portals, software, etc). LastPass does have an admin portal for self service that is fairly easy to use.
June 25, 2018

Review: "LastPass: Simple, cross platform, and darn useful."

LastPass provides an easy way for our team to securely and conditionally provide access to shared company accounts. It also prevents users repeating passwords between sites, or saving passwords locally on multiple browsers. While the iOS app would be more convenient if it auto-prompted to fill like Android more often, overall it is simple to use across platforms.
  • Easily creating multiple form-fill profiles
  • Manages multiple accounts/passwords for a single URL well
  • Auto-fill works well in most cases
  • iOS would be easier if it auto-prompted to fill with fingerprint/FaceID approval like Android
I use LastPass personally, and have found that it works well for both my home and company use needs. I don't believe there is a situation where LastPass would be a less appropriate tool, other than use cases with strict policies on how and where credentials can be saved that would prevent use.
June 19, 2018

LastPass Review: "Great overall password manager"

Myself and several other members of my team use LastPass as a password manager and way to store secure, encrypted notes. It addresses the issue of providing more security as well as having a central repository of all of our passwords to keep from forgetting them.
  • Works well with iOS -- the app works with facial recognition for iPhone X and fingerprint scanner for other iPhones.
  • Works off of one super secure master password.
  • Has the capability of automatically generating super complex passwords automatically.
  • I noticed there's the ability to circumvent the prompt for the master password -- some might call this a feature but I think it's a bug, so to speak.
It's well suited to personal use to store all your passwords so you're not constantly forgetting them or referencing less-secure sources.
May 28, 2018

Review: "LastPass is the best password manager for business and personal"

We use it in our department to be a password manager but also share sensitive data with co-workers. The main business problem we use it for is to help us manage passwords for all of the different logins we have to maintain the different software we use. It is used mainly on an individual basis and it works great.
  • Very good at analyzing all your passwords to make sure you have good security on the internet
  • Love the app on my phone. Lifesaver
  • Sometimes a password doesn't show up or isn't remembered. Likely user error but still
It is a pretty simple use case for us. We use to store passwords that are used for different web applications and logins. So it works for that 100% of the time. Outside of the simple use case, I am not sure there is a scenario where it is not well suited.
Alicia Gates, CPA profile photo
February 22, 2018

Review: "Say goodbye to bookmarks! LastPass is here to get you organized and secure."

LastPass is being used by our entire organization. It allows us to securely store our client's login information, as well as our own and allows us to save time logging into the various websites we use each and every day. For our organization we are 100% cloud-based, so I'm logging into 10-15 software just to work on my client's information, and then each of those client's have 5-15 logins themselves, so you can see how it can add up quickly! LastPass gives us peace of mind that the data is secure, and what's more, we can securely share and revoke access to employees as needed, meaning our employees get what they need and our clients have confidence that their information is safe.
  • LastPass does an excellent job of removing bookmarks from your world. No longer do you have to create folders and bookmark, asking your computer or browser to save your login information (and always praying you don't get hacked). LastPass does it for you! One master login for their website is all that's needed, and then you can quickly search and launch any stored website. In many instances, you don't even have to press "login" once on the website because LastPass has already entered your information and logged you in! It's a great time saver.
  • LastPass makes sharing and revoking sensitive data a breeze. If you have client data that needs to be shared across employees, you can do that! If an employee leaves, it's very easy to remove their access.
  • Adding new login information to LastPass is a breeze. You can either type in the information into the website yourself, or, you can just go to a new website, log n, and LastPass will ask you if you want to add and save the information. Gone are the days double checking your entries to make sure you have the password right. If you logged in successfully, you know you have, and now LastPass has it automatically stored!
  • While sharing folders of information with employees is a simple process, it's somewhat tedious. For each folder that needs to be shared, you have to open it, add each person individually, and then save. It would be nice if there were a box selection options where you could just select the folders you need to share, then enter the employee's name, then share.
  • Though LastPass is a great software, like all programs, it has glitches from time to time. While that in itself is not the issue, it's submitting a help ticket that can be somewhat difficult. You have to go from your vault of passwords to the company's main site, then search to submit a ticket. I wish there was an easier way to get help straight from the vault.
  • I love that LastPass will ask me if a new website should be added to LastPass when I log in, but sometimes it's not something I want to add. When that happens, there's no way to tell LastPass to "never ask me about this site again". So every time you log in to that website that you don't want LastPass to add, it's still going to ask, and that is a bit annoying.
I think LastPass is for everyone, even if only for personal use. LastPass is much more secure than your browser or computer security, and it organizes the information so well. It's great for organizations that need to share passwords across the team, and those who need to quickly add or remove access for employees. For cloud-based organizations, it's a no-brainer - you NEED LastPass. For companies that maybe don't use as much cloud-based software, or perhaps each employee has individual logins to the few software they have, it might not be necessary (though I bet the employees would still love it).
Read Alicia Gates, CPA's full review
Ashley N. Baker profile photo
May 09, 2018

Review: "LastPass is a “software essential” for both personal and organizational use"

It is used by me, personally for my own accounts, and it is used across the organization/between members of the organization to store passwords for accounts that require shared access (e.g. social media, web development, certain email accounts, etc.). The autofill settings are also a great time-saver.
  • Stores a large number of passwords
  • Alerts you when the same password is used for multiple accounts
  • Extension works well
  • Really only works well with Chrome
  • Paid subscription required to manage a larger number of accounts
  • Changed passwords sometimes need to be updated directly
Even the unpaid subscription is great for managing personal accounts and creating autofill settings. It has a lot more field options than Google password/autofill manager. However, I am a bit wary about storing my credit card information in LastPass.
Read Ashley N. Baker's full review
Dan Ronatay profile photo
May 01, 2018

Review: "Lastpass - the one tool to rule them all passwords!"

I work with different clients for outreach projects. This means that I need to have access to several email accounts and SEO tools. Keeping track of passwords can be challenging and I also run the risk of a security breach if I am to use a storage system that is not secure. LastPass allows me to keep all my passwords in one place that is secure. All I need to remember is one master password and I am all set.
  • I can create folders so I can group passwords that I use for a certain project.
  • By downloading the website extension I can access my passwords using any computer.
  • I can even manage my passwords using LastPass' mobile app!
  • It can interfere with your browser's own password manager.
  • It can only remember usernames and passwords, this can be challenging for websites that require multiple information to sign in.
If you are working on multiple projects that require numerous access to different online tools, LastPass works best for you. It doesn't work if you don't need to work with several websites at the same time.
Read Dan Ronatay's full review
Jared DeLong profile photo
March 26, 2018

User Review: "LastPass - Great Tool!"

Our entire organization uses Lastpass to manage our passwords. I also use Lastpass for my personal password management. For our company, it helps ensure all of our accounts are secured as much as possible. It also allows our leadership team to have access to everyone's passwords in case they need to login to an account while an employee is out of the office.
  • Their Chrome extension is super easy to use and a very fast way to save passwords. It automatically prompts you to save a password you've entered while in Chrome, which is very helpful rather than having to remember to manually enter all passwords.
  • Lastpass has a vault where you can access all of your passwords at any time. The vault is very user-friendly and allows you to edit the settings on various passwords in case you need to share them with another user.
  • Lastpass also has the ability to save billing data and other secure information outside of just passwords.
  • The Chrome extension and actual app can sometimes be a tad slow. They could make internal improvements to increase the speed of saving passwords and accessing the vault.
  • The Chrome extension will sometimes ask to save a password that is already saved in my vault. Seems like there could be some improvements here where the app can detect this and avoid prompting the user to save an existing password.
  • If a website has you enter the username on one page and the password on the next page, Lastpass does not seem to be able to detect this data and save both username and password to input separately when accessing the website again in the future.
Lastpass is great for someone like me who needs to manage multiple logins for clients and my personal accounts. It may be a bit unnecessary for someone who tends to not have too many passwords to remember. It is also great for desktop use, but via mobile Lastpass is not ideal. It's usable, but I prefer using it to access passwords on desktop rather than mobile if I have the option.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Miguelangel Nuñez profile photo
March 09, 2018

LastPass Review: "Awesome service to keep all your passwords!"

This software is used in my department (Software Development), We keep tracking of all passwords related to application development. It's very useful, to handle information about accounts used in our applications. We use a personal account distributed between us.
  • Is very configurable, You can activate warnings before filling insecure forms
  • It have a "Security Challenge" to check the strength of all your saved passwords. This feature checks if passwords are compromised, weak, duplicated. You can change all password with a simple button
  • You can set 2-step verification process to login into your account. You can use different authentication providers
  • It possible to share passwords with family or friends securely.
  • Dashboard's user interface needs to be improved
I use it to save all my passwords in a secure place. Personally, I don't save bank account or sensitive information
Read Miguelangel Nuñez's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
February 28, 2018

LastPass Review: "The Easy to Use Password Management Solution"

We use LastPass across the organization to manage passwords and keep track of the many sites we log into on a regular basis. LastPass enables us to quickly generate randomized passwords and store them in the cloud vault for safe keeping - this is especially useful when needing to be logged into numerous websites simultaneously.
  • Randomized password generation
  • Maintains an organized, easy to use password repository
  • Enables users to use different passwords for each and every online login source (with peace of mind)
  • On mobile Android, getting LastPass to work when you get to a site can be hit or miss. The two-step authentication sometimes decides to not accept Google authorized codes - which means you then can't use the mobile solution at all.
  • On some sites, the autofill feature fails to work properly.
LastPass works as a great solution for professional and personal use. The tool functions well on desktop PC environments; however, since the mobile app can be hit or miss from a performance standpoint I would investigate alternatives if the sole purpose of its use is on a mobile device.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
April 06, 2018

Review: "LastPass- the password manager that trumps all others"

I use LastPass regularly to manage many passwords. Obviously, my most sensitive passwords and company secrets etc., are not to be trusted to anyone other than myself, but LastPass definitely helps with the hassle of remembering passwords that I don’t use all the time (like logins for blogs, research websites, etc.). I pay for the premium service (the free version in the past did not have mobile support, although it may now - I am not sure).
  • Generating passwords
  • Storing passwords
  • Auto filling passwords on websites
  • iOS Touch ID
  • Auto fill can be a little buggy on some websites
  • 2FA would be a nice option
  • Tighter integration in iOS would be nice
I think lastpass is appropriate in just about any situation where management of passwords is helpful to a company or individual. Some of my colleagues tell me 1password has a nicer UI but I view LastPass as a little more geared toward the hard-core security-minded professional. I am willing to give up a shinier GUI for more attention on the engineering end.

About LastPass