Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
I am a one-man-band engineering consultant. I use DraftSight Professional to draw and maintain gas maps for a large LPG vapor underground reticulation distribution system here in South Australia. This requires drawing in the location of all underground gas mains and individual customer service lines on to CAD drawings supplied by the Housing Estates' Civil Consultants. We also use DraftSight for design drawings for LPG tank installations and for the preparation of emergency plan drawings used to quickly locate and isolate underground gas mains in the rare case of an emergency, such as a third-party damage incident.
- Easy to learn and to use even though I only use a small fraction of its capabilities
- Good documentation and help
- It would be good if it could be more easily customized by users
- I needed a drafting package and started with this one when it was free.
- The annual cost is peanuts compared with the fees I gain by using it for my client.
I would like it better if I could somehow reduce the vast number of options presented for a lot of routine tasks (e.g., reduce the number of fonts in lettering, reduce the number/types of lines, delete commands that I will never use). Maybe that is possible, but I have not gone that far into it.