Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
It is being used solely by myself to view and edit 1990-2000s .dwg files.
- Editing old 2D CAD drawings.
- Making floor plan layouts.
- Opening files that our 3D modelling software cannot.
- Lock in line lengths, but allow it to move
- Easily keep things 90° or locked in a horizontal or vertical position
- When changing dimensions of square, allow to change height and width vs having to select each point and change it in 3 spots.
- This product allows us to view or edit original building drawings. I guess you can say it helps us pre scope out engineering work to the building, saving us engineering costs.
We used to have copies of AutoCAD LT, but this was a paid subscription. We switched to DraftSight when it was free. It basically does everything AutoCAD LT would do. There are some exceptions like viewport modifications and such. Then DraftSight became a yearly subscription which we weren't thrilled about but decided we needed it for now.