SOLIDWORKS Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

April 30, 2021
Chris Bartch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SolidWorks as our primary CAD application throughout the organization including both our engineering and production (CNC programing) departments.
  • Top of the line parametric solid modeling
  • Intuitive interface
  • Expansive feature set
  • Excellent handling of both large and small design projects.
  • Fantastic support network
  • Stable and reliable
  • Solidworks is continually improving its product, however, more focus could be put into traditional drawings as opposed to MBD.
  • Crashes can at times happen without warning or symptoms.
  • The newer focus on cloud-based applications is a bit late to the game and needs some work to bring it up to enterprise-class.
I believe SolidWorks to be the best all-around 3D parametric modeling software available on the market for most organizations. The only exception I can think of is you have a deeply entrenched AutoCAD culture, then perhaps Inventor would make an easier transition path into 3D. For brand new small companies that do not have the resources to put behind a full CAD suite, a cloud-based option like 3DExperience or OnShape may offer a solution. Otherwise, I believe that SolidWorks is, and should be, the go-to solution for most 3D CAD needs for most companies regardless of industry.
Read Chris Bartch's full review
May 26, 2021
Muhammad Abdullah Saeed | TrustRadius Reviewer
Although there are various departments in my company, including operations, electrical, and mechanical, SOLIDWORKS is mainly used by us in the mechanical engineering department. We use it mainly for 3D modeling of parts of our equipment if some sort of adjustment or modification is needed. We also use it in new projects and designing custom parts for our machinery. It helps us save money on outsourcing the design and development costs, and we just hand over these models and drawings to manufacturing companies. We always work in coordination with other departments and this helps us communicate vital and important information to them via drawings and models.
  • Assembling different parts is my favorite of all features, as it helps us visualize the final outcome of our project and make decisions accordingly
  • Ability to convert 3D models into 2D drawings
  • Assembly animations help us understand our design better and let us know the constraints of design
  • Another feature that I like is FEM analysis, which help us assess the limitations of our model
  • Unexpected crashes sometimes frustrated me; if my work is not saved, I lose lots of time and hard work
  • Rendering sometimes can be time consuming; it should be improved
  • Addition of text to the model and drawing needs improvement
We simultaneously use different software based on our needs. SOLIDWORKS is best for 3D modeling and designing parts, assembly, and conversion of 3D models to 2D drawings. It serves best in these departments. But if I have to work on solely 2D engineering drawings, I prefer working on AutoCAD. I think both software have their pros and cons.
Read Muhammad Abdullah Saeed's full review
April 15, 2021
Christian Denning | TrustRadius Reviewer
Solidworks is used to review 3D model files by estimating and engineering. Also used in production to create flat patterns from customer-supplied sheet metal model files and create in-house shop drawings to define limited dimension drawings from customers.
  • Review and measure model files.
  • Convert sheetmetal model file to flat patterns.
  • Create in-hose drawings.
  • Export model characteristics more easily.
  • Easily convert surfaces to extrusions.
Solidworks is suited for what we do as a company by being versatile and having functions across multiple departments, also is very user-friendly and there are many users worldwide making it easy to find tips on troubleshooting issues. Pricing is our biggest concern.
Read Christian Denning's full review
April 14, 2021
Garrett Cornelius | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both my university and workplace use SOLIDWORKS and SOLIDWORKS products. In the university setting, the engineering students use and SOLIDWORKS as the go-to program for 3-D modeling. In the workplace however, my group uses SOLIDWORKS as it aid and assists out scope of work and projects. Due to the complex nature of the SOLIDWORKS software package, our team only uses specific features such as modeling and analyzing and often don't utilize the vast majority of extra features that the software has.
  • EASY TO USE/LEARN
  • Excellent features
  • Great product support
  • Expensive
  • Many features are unnecessary to the common user
  • Could use software support for auto dimensions
SOLIDWORKS is by far the best modeling program to use. The software package is so diverse that I can almost guarantee that it can conform to fit any modeling/engineering need. While it may be expensive, they offer free student packages which is great for college or high school learners. I cant recommend SOLIDWORKS enough.
Read Garrett Cornelius's full review
April 11, 2021
Jes Salmons | TrustRadius Reviewer
SOLIDWORKS is utilized solely by the Engineering Department to evaluate, measure, and flatten customer 3D models so we can turn them into 2D drawings and fabricate the parts on our laser and brake presses. A lot of our customer models are very lackluster and must redraw the parts with SOLIDWORKS to be able to create the 2D prints. We also will use it in conjunction with customer prints to get missing dimensions on the customer-supplied prints to ensure we meet quality requirements.
  • Heal corrupt 3D models.
  • Feature recognition is invaluable to correcting corrupt models.
  • Drawing 3D models made easy.
  • Some 3D models are completely impossible to repair via feature works and healing. Understanding all the different 3D modeling software and convincing customers to set standards for all models drawn by employees would be ideal even though it is outside of SOLIDWORKS control, some people that model parts are plain and simply not suited or managed properly to ensure the end customer has the ability to work with their model.
A phenomenal product that is invaluable to any company that works with 3D models, especially sheet metal fabrication and stamping production facilities. I have not found anywhere that SOLIDWORKS was inappropriate for what I was working with.
Read Jes Salmons's full review
April 09, 2021
Jeff Watkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses SOLIDWORKS to design parts and assemblies for our packaging equipment. I am the only user of the program in the company with most work being done on DraftSight. SOLIDWORKS is helpful for visualizing large assemblies but is not as helpful for quick iterations like DraftSight is.
  • Functionality
  • Visualizing large assemblies
  • Sheet metal bend parts
  • Eliminating odd assembly bugs
  • Minimizing the size of the program for faster processing
  • Modularity between 2D and 3D imports and exports
SOLIDWORKS does a great job at generating parts and putting together small to medium assemblies. I also find the BOM features in SOLIDWORKS drawings to be very helpful. It is not, however, great at quick iterations of models where DraftSight is helpful. For example, having to quickly test new arrangements of parts in an assembly or simple machine modifications.
Read Jeff Watkins's full review
April 07, 2021
Mark Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SOLIDWORKS to model our product from individual components up to full assemblies and how they will fit in with our customer's product, especially when we have to design bracketry for installation. As our customers provide us with the models of their vehicles, we can see that our signs will fit and line up with mounting positions and viewing apertures.
  • Visualisation
  • Clash detection
  • Easy modification
  • Resource hungry
  • Time consuming to load models
  • Fault correction is difficult
The ease of creating drawings from the 3D models makes this a powerful tool. As assemblies get more complex, it is simple to create sub assemblies, partial exploded views, and cutaways on the drawing to aid production and ensure that information and concepts are clearly communicated. This makes the design and realization process so much more effective and efficient.
Read Mark Jackson's full review
April 15, 2021
Michele De Losa | TrustRadius Reviewer
SOLIDWORKS is used by the technical office to design all of our tanks and by production to view the drawings in 3D in the workshop.
  • Simple to use.
  • Great for sheet metal.
  • Good training support.
  • Problems with large assemblies.
  • Sometimes crush.
  • Problems with the video card.
SOLIDWORKS lends itself very well to carpentry design, has rapid prototyping, is excellent at drafting drawings, is very easy to use, and has many tutorials on the net.
Read Michele De Losa's full review
July 30, 2021
SOLIDWORKS is used by certain departments. Primarly, it's used by our Technical Applications team in order to perform Injection Molding draf analysis when required, on 3D files provided by customers.
  • While SOLIDWORKS has many features to learn, it is quite easy to start modeling if you're new to software.
  • The UI has always been one of my favorite reasons to use it, as other 3D modeling software provides a more "industrial" feel to the process of CAD modeling.
  • From the administrator side, managing licenses needs some major improvements. They offer 2 ways to manage: 1) per machine 2) online. Both are painful and need some feature development to improve both methods.
As a mechanical engineer, it is one of the best tools to just start modeling and engineering with. The UI tools are intuitive and engineering analysis such Mold Analysis, FEA, are great! Other 3D CAD modeling tools have a longer learning curve to master.

All in all, if you're not planning to design an entire airplane with large assembly files, then Solidworks is your tool!
May 18, 2021
[SOLIDWORKS] is being used to create 3D models and 2D drawings. We use 3D models to create plastic parts for molding and sheet metal parts for stamping. The 3D model allows us to see how parts in assemblies interact with each other, allowing us to control the fit and feel of the assembly. 2D drawing allow us to communicate with suppliers for tool creation and QA.
Mainly used in the mechanical department
  • Great interface
  • Intuitive menus, tool bars and features
  • Import many file types
  • Large assemblies and complex part are slow to load
  • Limited collaboration ability
  • Needs a powerful PC to run it
[SOLIDWORKS] is well suited to larger teams that work with complicated geometries and assemblies. EPDM integration also allows good file management and structure.
[SOLIDWORKS] is less appropriate for single users that could get similar results from a lower priced product. Also less appropriate for teams that only need the modeling basic features.
April 10, 2021
We are an OEM so we do not design our own products. We use SOLIDWORKS to open our customer's files, and it has a wide variety of supported 3D files it can open. This is very useful since we cannot control what file types our customers create, but we need to be able to open and convert everything to use within MasterCAM and design tooling for these parts.
  • Opens many file types.
  • Easy to convert into 2D DWG files.
  • Fast 3D rendering for complex assemblies.
  • Save DWG 2D files in inches or metric easily, defaults to metric and has to be manually converted to inches
  • When using the sketch feature, the ability to disable ALL references. If I don't know the exact shape and I want to draw/adapt my design, it harshly interprets the references which have no value to me. The easiest exact is to think about when you have a Microsoft Word document that has a lot of formatting, photos, tabs, etc. If you accidentally hit the "enter" key, you can explode the formatting and everything goes crazy. SW does this to me, I just want to "doodle" my sketches, edit/delete/etc and not be bound by arbitrary references.
  • For the sketch feature, ability to use a DraftSight plugin of some sort. I'm super fast in DS, if I could draw using the commands in SW then I would probably never open DS again and convert to SW full time. Currently, I only use SW as a way to convert 3D files so I can build everything in DraftSight.
Specifically for me at my company, the only people that need SOLIDWORKS are in my team. So there wouldn't be a need for anyone else to be recommended the product or eDrawings would satisfy anything else my department would need. If a peer from another company asked me, I would certainly recommend the software as it is simple and everyone across multiple industries uses it as the standard.
April 08, 2021
SOLIDWORKS is being used to design skid mounted, pre-piped, water systems - for labs, manufacturing companies, and industrial buildings. Not only is it used to just design the skid frame, which we send to an outside welding company, but actually all of the components that make it up. It helps drastically which manufacturing and knowing how parts fit in addition to being able to show customers what they'll be receiving. As a small company only I use it.
  • Generate bill of materials that can be sent to Microsoft Excel
  • It has a very user friendly interface
  • It gives the ability to visually depict a design
  • Large assembly load time could be improved
  • Importing .dwg files is fairly clunky
  • File management without having to buy an add-on program
SOLIDWORKS is well suited for any company that designs and manufactures basically anything. It is not the cheapest option and it is not the most expensive one either but it definitely has its uses with an experienced user. From basic sheet metal parts that need to be cut and welded or bent to complex thousand-part assemblies it allows visualization of an idea or product.

I know for building construction there are better suited, more specific computer applications that work far better.
July 05, 2021
SOLIDWORKS is being used in my company for designing parts, modelling of assemblies, and preparing 2D production drawings.
  • Comprehensive standard parts library (such as bearings, fasteners, etc.)
  • Easy to work with (intuitive)
  • Comprehensive and easy to use hole drilling and tapping options
  • The GD&T options could be updated to latest ASME standards
  • PDM interface could be modernized
  • Simulation for static finite element analysis could be expanded to provide more contact options.
SOLIDWORKS is very useful for designing 3D solid parts and modelling designs. It is very easy to use and learn. It includes a comprehensive standard library, and it is widely used among manufacturing companies, which makes transferring files easier.
I have found the support information available online very useful. Most of my questions were answered in SOLIDWORKS support forums. I have not contacted the live support in the past 3 years.
December 11, 2020
Tracy Burton | TrustRadius Reviewer
SOLIDWORKS is used as our primary 3D rendering software for design and development. It is used by our engineering department only and suits our needs perfectly fine.
  • SOLIDWORKS offers solid support through 3rd party vendors. I've yet to find a time where I wasn't able to find a satisfactory answer for an issue I was having.
  • Stable releases with continuing improvements in the software.
  • Communication with us on a yearly basis to see how the software is working for us and what improvements we would like to see.
  • SOLIDWORKS is extremely particular is what video cards and versions of Windows they will support. It seems as though they are looking for reasons to not have to support their software.
  • Missing functionality would be the stress analysis portion that requires additional licenses. Aside from that, everything is pretty good with it.
Per the words of one of our designers,"Its one of the most complete pieces software I've used in my 30 years."
Read Tracy Burton's full review
November 05, 2020
Konstantinos Aggelis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to design our new products. We mainly use Sheet metal / Large assemblies and plastic part modeling
  • Large community
  • Program Stability (Very Unstable)
  • User Interface is dated and impractical
  • Every new version introduces many new bugs and makes the program even slower
  • Insufficient official support despite the large cost of the program
  • Very Slow
  • Text Editor is dated and impractical
  • Solidworks Corp does not support customers
It is one of the most unstable programs I have ever used. Despite having been using it on high-end PCs, the program gets slower with every new version and becomes even more unstable with every service pack. The user interface is dated and impractical. For example, there are separate buttons to perform a Boss-extrusion and a Cut-extrusion, where one could do the job (like in Autodesk Inventor).
Text editor does not allow you to perform tricky tasks. Overall the program is very slow and crashes very often.
Zero support. Program is slow and crashes a lot
  • Online training
  • in-person training
Read Konstantinos Aggelis's full review
March 13, 2020
Jacob Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our R&D department uses SOLIDWORKS daily for design, validation and training. New products come to life in SOLIDWORKS, before being manufactured. Drawings are utilized in SOLIDWORKS to send parts out to suppliers or create instructions for the technicians. Tools and fixtures are designed and validated in SOLIDWORKS as well.
  • Part design.
  • Instructional drawings.
  • Ease of use.
  • Slow.
  • Expensive.
  • Buggy.
SOLIDWORKS is very well suited for part creation, design work and large assembly. SOLIDOWORKS effortlessly manages complex designs, multi-part assemblies and large simulations all at the same time. Its built-in simulation tools offer the best all in one solution. Design itereations, drawings, and testing can be completed all within the same program.
SOLIDWORKS has a plethora of training guides and videos to help you along the way. It is very easy to just search in a web browser a question you may have, and an answer will most likely come up. I gave this a 7 because SOLIDWORKS is very buggy and sometimes just breaks. There is no reason why, but it bugs out and there is no support option.
Read Jacob Smith's full review
July 02, 2020
I am currently the only person in our company using SOLIDWORKS. We mostly use 2D drawings for our jobs, but with more and more companies going to 3D modeling, it was important for us to be able to decipher what those customers are sending us. SOLIDWORKS has been very handy in that it allows us to not only open individual part files, but we can open an assembly file and see how exactly the parts are going to fit together.
  • Allows you to rotate a 3D part to see any angle you need
  • Can easily generate a 2D drawing, showing each face of a part
  • You can view entire assemblies from any angle you want
  • Dimension based drawing so you can change a dimension without redrawing an entire part
  • It's a little bit complicated when you're used to simple 2D drawings
  • The program crashes quite frequently - SAVE OFTEN!
  • Updates are tied to a subscription that must remain active
SOLIDWORKS seems to be very popular as there are a lot of resources on the internet to help teach you how to use the program. So even if you don't want to or aren't able to pay for formal training, YouTube will get you through a lot of issues that might come up.
SOLIDWORKS has a very good sheet metal system, as well as a weldment feature for building tubing structures. And on top of the default sheet metal thicknesses and tubing sizes, you can make your own custom sizes that will fit your specific needs.
We use SOLIDWORKS mostly to build sheet metal parts. In SOLIDWORKS, you can build the part in 3D, in its finished state, then export the part to a .dxf file as a flat pattern so that you can cut/form the piece.
SOLIDWORKS as a company seems to want you to be good at their program to encourage you to continue using it and tell others of the experience. There is a ton of support from the community, as well as from the reseller (we use GoEngineer). There is an official forum that is very active, as well as tutorials built right into the program to help you get started, and even into some advanced features.
June 16, 2020
I use SOLIDWORKS to make prototypes and create actual drawings related to machine developments.
  • Easy to model ideas due to user-friendly interface and multitasking tools.
  • Can save work with many available formats which can be referred to many other compatible software and devices.
  • Lots of learning and helping materials are readily available when issues are raised.
  • Needs to be lightweight in order to run on low performance machines with out sticking.
  • Needs to improve 2D drawing tools to be more user friendly.
  • Needs to improve inbuilt rendering software to be more realistic.
Designing 3D models of working prototypes of a machine, this is excellent. By starting from parts modeling, it provides the ability to assemble and analyze the model. It provides options to convert drawings directly from 3D models.
If we need only to make 2D drawings, this is not the best but for 3D, excellent.
I like this product because it is easy to use, featured with all tools I required and I'm familiar with the software.
May 04, 2020
Our company designs and manufactures mechanical batteries for energy storage. SOLIDWORKS is primarily used by the design teams. They use it to design components and assemblies, make engineering drawings, and conduct finite element analyses (FEA). I work in the manufacturing department, and we use SOLIDWORKS to design equipment, fixtures, gauges, or other custom tools for the manufacturing process.
  • I have been using the Weldments feature recently, and I was surprised by how easy it is to make a weldment using a simple 3D sketch.
  • Our product contains over 200 components, and many of them have lots of details in them. SOLIDWORKS loads and runs smoothly.
  • There are extensive online forums to help you build whatever you need to. It is very useful.
  • Getting the right parameters set when doing an FEA is always challenging for me. Attaching conditions to a face, for example, covers it with little arrows. On complex assemblies, I can't tell what is even selected.
  • The license management software could use an update in UI. It seems like some tabs are unnecessary and it is not immediately clear what is and isn't checked out.
SOLIDWORKS has become the industry standard from what I can tell from the tech jobs I have worked at. It is pretty easy to get acquainted with and has lots of functionality. Since it is so widely used, you can easily solve all of your problems with a simple Google search.
SOLIDWORKS doesn't even have to provide its own support. It is so ubiquitous that there are countless YouTube videos, online classes, forums, etc. that can answer all of your questions. When I was making my first weldment, I looked up a 5 minute YouTube video showing me exactly how it is implemented, and I was able to apply it myself immediately.
March 16, 2020
I first used SOLIDWORKS nearly 20 years ago (!!) while earning my engineering degree, and then later in my engineering consulting work. After a break of a few years, I've returned to using SOLIDWORKS for personal/entrepreneurial use, primarily for 3D printing of custom parts for radio-controlled aircraft.

The highly intuitive, visual UI and seamless backend integration into my 3D printing workflow, meant that alongside my familiarity from my earlier career, it was the obvious choice.
  • Highly visual and intuitive UI--my 10-year-old son can use it to create complex designs!
  • Has very wide integration of CAD to all the other things you'd use CAD for (fluid dynamics, stress testing, CNC, 3D printing).
  • It has very useful presentation modes to be able to present working concepts.
  • Resource hungry (but then you should expect that!)
  • So full-featured that sometimes it's a little confusing
  • Community support is vibrant, but could benefit from more structure.
In my mind, whilst it's understandably expensive (for the commercial versions), SOLIDWORKS is the leading CAD software on the market. I would recommend it for all engineering students, anyone who wants to be able to quickly prototype an idea and then test it out (whether that is visually or via integration with CFD/stress testing software). This is the real deal.
Great docs and in-software guidance. Community/online content also good, but would love to see more structure to it!
March 14, 2020
My organization uses SOLIDWORKS for all of our CAD needs, to design parts, create drawings, build assemblies, etc. SOLIDWORKS is used by the product development team only.
  • SOLIDWORKS has an intuitive UI with very good online tutorials and training courses.
  • SOLIDWORKS PDM does a great job at managing revision histories.
  • SOLIDWORKS is great for creating models of parts and assemblies.
  • Sometimes SOLIDWORKS pushes through too many updates and it can cause issues when working with files from older versions.
SOLIDWORKS is well suited for CAD for designing parts and assemblies at any scale. SOLIDWORKS makes it easy to make multiple configurations of parts and assemblies and also has great capabilities for modeling (including final elements). SOLIDWORKS has an easy UI to allow for design of parts and drawings that are very customizable.
I've had great success working with our SOLIDWORKS reseller for troubleshooting. They were able to address my issues very quickly and effectively by creating a screenshare to see the issue and resolve it.
February 27, 2020
The Engineering department is using SOLIDWORKS. It is effortless to use, user-friendly and fast you can do a lot of things in it. Complex assemblies are easy to make, user-defined drawing paper, good quality rendering, realistic simulation, suitable for designing small parts, for 3D print, realistic-looking rendering, materials, scene, animation (motion) is good, and decent report of simulation.
  • Focus on ease of use allows the user to produce a 3D design in a fastest and easiest way.
  • Provides a seamless and integrated workflow
  • Create, validate, manage, and transform ideas to produce an excellent product design.
  • It can be slow, sometimes gets stuck while processing multiple parts.
  • Its time consuming to form an object from different parts.
  • File import from other software can be tricky and does not work very well.
With SOLIDWORKS files can be shared with different clients.
SOLIDWORKS has deep expertise and a lot of passion.
February 10, 2020
Our engineering department uses SOLIDWORKS for mechanical design and simulation needs for consumer electronic products. We design components and full assemblies, analyze the parts for manufacturability using inspection tools, and conduct simulation to determine thermal performance of products, which often include both active and passive cooling features (heatsinks and fans) designed as part of the component. We use SOLIDWORKS to communicate with suppliers and some customers within the SOLIDWORKS format.
  • Ease of use.
  • Flexibility.
  • Compatibility for files with annual software versions.
  • Load/startup time.
I would recommend SOLIDWORKS for any situation where a company needs to do general product design and modelling, for basic simulation needs. SOLIDWORKS works very well within small businesses where it can be the design tool for these needs in an isolated environment. It is not as well suited for advanced surface modelling in automotive and aerospace markets. This also makes it difficult to work with some external customers, depending on the industry - for example, most of our larger OEM automotive customers use CATIA exclusively, making file transfer more difficult.
We work with a 3rd party reseller, CATI, who is extremely responsive to our needs, and offers training at a local facility. The service has been great. We have not experienced major technical issues requiring direct support assistance.
October 25, 2019
Cory Puuri | TrustRadius Reviewer
EAA offers it for free to EAA members but we also use SOLIDWORKS in our Aircraft Maintenance area to draw parts for FAA approval of replacement owner-manufactured parts. The product is a powerful tool from sketch to manufacturing. Even with all this power, it is pretty straightforward to learn how to use it.
  • Makes changes fast. It adapts the assembly to part modifications and then saves the changes back to the part models.
  • Interface checking and analysis are simple yet effective.
  • Parts and template lists are quick and easy to generate.
  • CAM is only 2.5 axis.
  • The import of scanned objects should require less work.
  • Adding features could be more intuitive. Tube trims and weldments take too much tinkering.
SOLIDWORKS does well with complex parts and assemblies. It also works well with iterative development processes and analysis. If you plan to share the assembly with multiple people for manufacturing purposes, I wouldn’t use any other product. Their manufacturing network is extensive.

It is too complicated to learn for simple sketches where precision is not important. For example, I was drawing a stepstool that would fold and it was faster to sketch it out on paper.
We have an unusual arrangement. We don’t pay for support, but we’re partnered with a VAR for second-tier support.

I work with other users if I have questions but when we’ve had to ask the VAR, they always have answers.

It appears that all of the VARs have access to a support platform from DS SOLIDWORKS that helps them answer most questions.
Read Cory Puuri's full review
January 29, 2020
Sean Nutley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SOLIDWORKS for designing mechanical components, building assemblies of those components, stress testing new and existing designs as well as rendering images for Sales and Marketing. The 3D models we create are used to create 2D drawings for manufacturing or machining shops. We also send our models to consultants looking for a layout or part files can be sent out to program CNC machinery.
  • Creating models in steps that are easily modified later
  • Assembling part files and keeping them organized
  • Drawings need some flexibility on creating annotations in a certain way
  • Sometimes there are unexplained crashes
SOLIDWORKS is a very easy to learn software and is very versatile in use with other programs. There are many features within that are suited to any industry and are all easily learn-able. The amount of export options is very handy for whatever the manufacturer needs. There really isn't a situation/industry where SOLIDWORKS would not be useful.
I have always had every question answered either by our VAR, 3DS themselves or by other Solidworks users within various community forums. The answers come very quickly and the issue is always fully resolved. Our company has always been very happy with the support we recieve and that is why we constantly renew Solidworks.
Read Sean Nutley's full review

What is SOLIDWORKS?

Dassault Systemes offers SOLIDWORKS, a computer-aided design (CAD) system for education and manufacturing supporting 2D or 3D design, electrical design, simulations, and product development with collaboration tools.

SOLIDWORKS Video