Dassault Systemes offers SOLIDWORKS, a computer-aided design (CAD) system for education and manufacturing supporting 2D or 3D design, electrical design, simulations, and product development with collaboration tools.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Xe/OQ/FF3F17FGM8OJ.PNGIncredible software for 3D designingSOLIDWORKS is being used by several areas in our organization. It is mostly used in our engineering department by our mechanical, civil and electrical engineers who are responsible for designing our pieces. We mostly use it for 3D modeling whether they are as easy as a screw or as complex as a car, solid works is the software we rely on most.,The GUI of SOLIDWORKS is extremely comfortable, every tool is arranged in a way that makes the workspace a well-organized place, and makes the learning process (which tends to be complex) a bit simpler. Moving from 3D to 2D models is extremely easy with this software and this makes the modeling process more streamlined. It is universally used so we have never encountered compatibility issues between the models we create and the software used by our clients.,This software is extremely demanding, our high-end PCs tend to suffer and lag when this software is being used with pdf readers or other software. This is not an easy to use software, it has a steep learning curve and since it counts with a vast amount of tools it can sometimes feel overwhelming. This software is really expensive.,8,It has been really positive because it has allowed us to create incredible 3D mechanical parts for our customers. It is not a cheap software, however, the cost-benefit we have experienced has been amazing when considering the product quality we have been able to submit. The only negative impact we have had is with the capacitation of our team since this is not an easy software to learn, which means we need to spend time and money for our team to use it.,AutoCAD,MATLAB, AutoCAD, Petrel E&PSolidWorks - the BEST 3D CAD softwareAs the principal (and only) design engineer at our small startup company, SOLIDWORKS helps me to easily show the other employees exactly what I am thinking as far as designs go. I also use SOLIDWORKS for my mechanical design consulting side business. It helps me experiment with ideas before I take them to the shop for physical prototyping.,SOLIDWORKS 2019 is fantastic with 3D rendering. There is so little lag when exploring an assembly, it makes for an extremely efficient review process when showing your designs to other employees. All of the keyboard shortcuts make modeling in SOLIDWORKS so fast, and as an employee at a startup company, I really appreciate that. It helps me be efficient and get designs done quickly. SOLIDWORKS makes it easy to do CAM functions as well, which plays a crucial role in figuring our optimal production techniques for a company that has little money to waste on R&D.,I wish there was a better run-down of quick keyboard controls in SOLIDWORKS. There is nowhere inside the program that shows all of these in one place or gives a list of what they are. When you draw a line in Sketch mode, there is no box that allows you to select the size. You have to double-click on the line again after you draw it and then enter the exact size you are looking to draw. When creating appearances in an assembly, the program always makes it unclear if you are making the change in appearance for just the assembly or the individual part.,10,SOLIDWORKS leads to increased productivity for me because I can quickly model a part of our product to see if it fits well into the system really easily. We save lots of money on prototyping because I am able to draw things out before I prototype them. SOLIDWORKS does get expensive for a startup company like mine, because you have to pay for seats individually until you get to a certain amount of people, and my company does not have enough yet.,Fusion 360 and Autodesk Inventor,MATLAB, Fusion 360, Microsoft Office 365SOLIDWORKS, MECHANICAL QUALITY DESIGNSince 2005, I have used SOLIDWORKS. We have used it in the design department of Eyemar Express, with 3D modeling, analysis, simulations, optimizations, production planning and product cost estimation.,It makes 3D modeling very easy and intuitive Integrates multiple applications that serve to optimize the design.,Solidworks has a special focus on the design, I think it can extend its scope oriented towards the product life cycle, although this would mean competing directly with CATIA another DS Product. I believe that being a platform for product design should have better features of integration with ERP systems.,9,Before using Solidworks I had used Autocad and was an expert user of Mechanical Desktop, but when evaluating Solidworks we decided to change, we discovered a solution that allowed us to integrate the 2D and 3D design, which was advantageous because it allowed us to program the production based on CNC and conventional manufacturing, all in one place, plus photorealistic visualizations allowed us to link the design and their respective engineering changes with the ERP we used. Without a doubt a solution that over time has been improving with the most recent versions.,MATLAB,MATLAB, Microsoft Power BI, Google AnalyticsSOLIDWORKS - use for heavy equipment design and productionSOLIDWORKS was being used to create our engineering production drawings to fabricate large equipment in the wastewater treatment industry. It was used only in the engineering design group. It addressed not having to make hand drawings to pass onto production as well as creating the 3D models of parts that were able to be put together into assemblies. By assembling the rendered parts we could see what spacing to expect and if we had incorrectly modeled any parts prior to actually making them and trying to put them together.,Creates detailed renderings of parts. Production drawings can be made from renderings. Assemblies allow you to see if all the pieces fit together prior to production.,We were not using a CNC for any parts now, but I do remember back in school we had to use AutoCAD for the CNC we had at school. I don't know if that was a SOLIDWORKS or a CNC issue, and I would assume this has been done in the last 5 years, but if not, that integration would really be my only complaint.,9,Drawings are made much faster and require a lot less effort to do so. Being able to assemble parts rendered from what will be the final production drawings allows you to see mistakes without actually building the parts.,AutoCAD,AnylogicA user-friendly modelling softwareI am using Solidworks for my Ph.D. research. I have used it to make 3D models for various things which I 3D print later on and test in the laboratories at Iowa State University. I have used Solidworks for making 3D models of poles and transmission towers.,It has very good graphical user interface and thus is very user friendly. It offers a lot of options to create your models and for each option, there are examples and suggestions as to how these options work. It can be easily integrated with any finite element software and allows the user to print the model which can be used for testing in labs. It enables the user to make very complex 3D parts with minimum effort. There are a lot of tutorials also available for the software.,I would want Solidworks to add a library within itself where users can see examples and solve their problem. While working with very heavy models, the software becomes slow and leads to unnecessary lag while moving around the model. It should allow a person to easily integrate their models with models from other users.,8,It has given me the means to visualize how my models should look. It has decreased the time it takes for me to make complex models. Due to the effective user interface, the user doesn't face that much difficulty in making models.,AutoCAD,MATLAB, Google Drive, Box
SOLIDWORKS

SOLIDWORKS Reviews

SOLIDWORKS
Filter 33 vetted SOLIDWORKS reviews and ratings

Manuel Aguilar profile photo
February 01, 2019

SOLIDWORKS Review: "Incredible software for 3D designing"

• The GUI of SOLIDWORKS is extremely comfortable, every tool is arranged in a way that makes the workspace a well-organized place, and makes the learning process (which tends to be complex) a bit simpler.
  • Moving from 3D to 2D models is extremely easy with this software and this makes the modeling process more streamlined.
  • It is universally used so we have never encountered compatibility issues between the models we create and the software used by our clients.
  • This software is extremely demanding, our high-end PCs tend to suffer and lag when this software is being used with pdf readers or other software.
  • This is not an easy to use software, it has a steep learning curve and since it counts with a vast amount of tools it can sometimes feel overwhelming.
  • This software is really expensive.
SOLIDWORKS is well suited for every 2D or 3D modeling scenario. We tend to use it when we design pieces or parts or when creating complete multi-component machines. This software is oriented for designing, so if you want to consider or study the life cycle of the part you are designing you should definitely complement this software with other products such as CATIA.
Read Manuel Aguilar's full review
Tyler Grudowski profile photo
January 30, 2019

User Review: "SolidWorks - the BEST 3D CAD software"

• SOLIDWORKS 2019 is fantastic with 3D rendering. There is so little lag when exploring an assembly, it makes for an extremely efficient review process when showing your designs to other employees.
  • All of the keyboard shortcuts make modeling in SOLIDWORKS so fast, and as an employee at a startup company, I really appreciate that. It helps me be efficient and get designs done quickly.
  • SOLIDWORKS makes it easy to do CAM functions as well, which plays a crucial role in figuring our optimal production techniques for a company that has little money to waste on R&D.
  • I wish there was a better run-down of quick keyboard controls in SOLIDWORKS. There is nowhere inside the program that shows all of these in one place or gives a list of what they are.
  • When you draw a line in Sketch mode, there is no box that allows you to select the size. You have to double-click on the line again after you draw it and then enter the exact size you are looking to draw.
  • When creating appearances in an assembly, the program always makes it unclear if you are making the change in appearance for just the assembly or the individual part.
SOLIDWORKS is the perfect program if you are looking to model any sort of product before you physically prototype it. It makes it perfect to model products and then show them to not only the engineering department but also every other department in a company. It also makes it easy to share files with various sub-contractors or companies helping on a project.
Read Tyler Grudowski's full review
Arlex Guzman profile photo
December 19, 2018

User Review: "SOLIDWORKS, MECHANICAL QUALITY DESIGN"

• It makes 3D modeling very easy and intuitive
  • Integrates multiple applications that serve to optimize the design.
  • Solidworks has a special focus on the design, I think it can extend its scope oriented towards the product life cycle, although this would mean competing directly with CATIA another DS Product.
  • I believe that being a platform for product design should have better features of integration with ERP systems.
If you are a designer, SOLIDWORKS will undoubtedly be a very powerful tool. The result will be a well-designed product; however, if you want to analyze the life cycle of the product, an optimization of your production route, it is advisable to integrate it or complement it with CATIA.
Read Arlex Guzman's full review
Alan Tillman profile photo
February 09, 2019

Review: "SOLIDWORKS - use for heavy equipment design and production"

• Creates detailed renderings of parts.
  • Production drawings can be made from renderings.
  • Assemblies allow you to see if all the pieces fit together prior to production.
  • We were not using a CNC for any parts now, but I do remember back in school we had to use AutoCAD for the CNC we had at school. I don't know if that was a SOLIDWORKS or a CNC issue, and I would assume this has been done in the last 5 years, but if not, that integration would really be my only complaint.
In engineering design and manufacturing it was a great tool to create drawings and test assemblies prior to fabrication. It was very useful in that application. In the past, it was not useful for parts that needed to be put through the CNC, but that was years ago so it may have changed since I had that issue.
Read Alan Tillman's full review
Saransh Dikshit profile photo
February 05, 2019

SOLIDWORKS Review: "A user-friendly modelling software"

• It has very good graphical user interface and thus is very user friendly.
  • It offers a lot of options to create your models and for each option, there are examples and suggestions as to how these options work.
  • It can be easily integrated with any finite element software and allows the user to print the model which can be used for testing in labs.
  • It enables the user to make very complex 3D parts with minimum effort. There are a lot of tutorials also available for the software.
  • I would want Solidworks to add a library within itself where users can see examples and solve their problem.
  • While working with very heavy models, the software becomes slow and leads to unnecessary lag while moving around the model.
  • It should allow a person to easily integrate their models with models from other users.
It is very good for making complex 3D models. I have used it for making numerous models of welds and connections. I would want a better explanation for the various options that are listed in the software.
Read Saransh Dikshit's full review
Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D. profile photo

"Review of SOLIDWORKS"

We use SOLIDWORKS as our primary modeling software all across our business globally. We also use pdm functions to hold design control over our products for ISO and AS standard workflow practices.
  • Interface is easy to use
  • Software updates are readily communicated, and installed with limited to no bugging in the system
  • Easy to roll out to a global user group with a centralized shared license server
  • Memory usage when exporting form one format to another, specifically high resolution renderings and .stl files for additive manufacturing
  • More standard file format capabilities both to import and export in the basic licensing plans
  • Easier interfacing and more adaptive feature recognition to reverse engineering software and scanning devices
Not an appropriate tool for use in designing a landscape or a home, but very useful in mechanical component design and multi-component assemblies, large or small.
Read Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D.'s full review
Floyd Finch profile photo
January 24, 2019

"Real World Solidworks Review"

Solidworks is used as our primary design tool for the development of large articulating gangways, powered elevating safety cages, platforms, etc. The parametric capabilities give us a faster design cycle time and more accurate shop floor drawings. Previously, we were using AutoCAD LT and all work was done in 2D with the bill of materials counted by hand & any changes to a single part required a redraw of every instance of that part in a given drawing set.
  • Ease of 3D modeling; in all honesty, no other modeling software is as easy to learn for basic 3D modeling.
  • Once your users learn the basics the program offers extremely advanced parametric capability to design large complex systems & make changes to them quickly.
  • My 2 favorite features are the use of configurations & design tables to customize an initial design to work in different scenarios.
  • Make certain that you implement protection for parts & assemblies you don't want changed when breaking in new users. It's great to be able to quickly change the design of a single part and have every instance of it automatically changed. Just make sure everyone knows how not to do this when you don't want to do it.
  • It will crash occasionally, especially when working with large assemblies, even when in large assembly mode. Save often and set up your autosave to protect your work. This problem is much better than in previous years.
  • The required annual subscription is not something I am fond of on any software.
Solidworks is especially suited for the design of moving mechanical assemblies, allowing you to design & test for function. Weldments & sheet metal parts are easy to draw. If you have or need to design multiple variations of the same equipment, weldments or structure without changing your original design it can handle that very well. For actual detail drawings for the shop floor, it works well, but users of AutoCAD will have a bit of learning to do because of the differences in the commands, use of blocks, etc.
Read Floyd Finch's full review
Aaron Jackson profile photo
January 30, 2019

Review: "SOLIDWORKS is the industry leader in 3D software"

• 3D layouts of systems.
  • Verify equipment fits in the environment, access to other equipment, ergonomics of the system, etc.

[It's] Used by the engineering department. We do not use the majority of the software's features at this company. When I was with another company, we used it to its full potential. This company does not need some of the features it has. Still the best software for the company.
  • Very user friendly
  • Easy and quick to sketch simple designs
  • Very powerful software for FEA and CFD
  • Basically universal software used by our customers as well.
  • Cost for new users, which they seem to be addressing
  • Not many other issues I can think of.
Very common in multiple industries, easy to learn and use.
Read Aaron Jackson's full review
January 25, 2019

Review: "SOLIDWORKS is an Industry leading CAD program for Consumer Goods Product Development"

SOLIDWORKS is used in two main avenues. First, we use SOLIDWORKS for rapid prototyping. Typically a model is designed and modeled within 3 hours or less and then sent to the Fab Lab where it is either 3D printed or carved on a CNC machine. These prototyping models are useful for user feedback and other validation tests. The turnaround is quick, so the models are not always 100% accurate...and sometimes key components of the product are left out if the area of focus is testing another part.

The second avenue of use would be the real product development in which the model is prepared for full-fledge manufacturing. The manufacture ready models could be used for injection molded parts, laser jet parts, CNC'd parts, a few other types of manufacturing, or a combination of them. These types of models typically take a day to a few weeks and are sometimes passed between designer and engineer. Depending on the project, it may be necessary to utilize some of SolidWorks internal simulation tools, which help ensure that the product is ready for manufacturing without any foreseeable problems.
  • SOLIDWORKS is definitely leading the way in the simulation realm (stress test, draft, etc). The simulations give a lot more detail compared to other CAD programs that I've used in the past.
  • SOLIDWORKS is an evolution of one of the longest standing CAD products on the market. The huge knowledge base and user base is a huge plus when it comes to advanced modeling issues and concerns.
  • SOLIDWORKS is intuitive enough that "new" employees can pick it up in a fairly short amount of training....especially to grasp the key concepts and be able to inspect or look at already produced models.
  • SOLIDWORKS as a whole has been utilizing modern cloud technologies to allow users to run more simulations and get more done while data and processing are done behind the scenes. Something that is extremely important when it comes to machine bandwidth and the ability to get a lot done at once.
  • I wish SOLIDWORKS would start an overall of the UI. It's familiar...but it's old and clunky. I use Fusion 360 for personal use and love the modern look and intuitiveness that it brings along with it.
  • Native image rendering is not good. Have to use a third-party program such as KeyShot.
  • Very ergonomic or organic shapes can be hard to produce. There is no "sculpt" environment as offered in Fusion 360.
Overall, SOLIDWORKS is a powerhouse of tools that can be used for product development and engineering products. It's familiar, reliable, and can tackle just about any project within the consumer goods industry. If you're looking to develop packaging, physical goods, furniture, etc... then SOLIDWORKS is really the industry standard. If you're looking to do architectural or other civil-engineering related projects then you'll want to check out some other products (probably Autodesk products). You'll also find SOLIDWORKS has limitation when it comes to soft-consumer goods...including clothing and footwear. If you're looking to do soft goods then I would suggest finding a software package that is specific to your needs.
January 25, 2019

Review: "Product Design, Production, Support, Marketing, and Education with SOLIDWORKS"

I've used SOLIDWORKS for 21 years now, both for in the industry and also for educating others. I've used it for general drafting, complex designing, pre-product testing to review stack ups, minwalls, assembly, and other items. I've used it to start a new product, through the production of the product, and marketing of product through website, brochures, manuals, instruction cards, and renderings and animations to further support those. It is a very useful, versatile, easy to use software to use from start to finish for manufacturing. I also teach all three levels of SOLIDWORKS at the local community college to pass on these skills to others.
  • Quick learning curve so you can incorporate its use across different areas of your company.
  • Low entry price for 3D CAD software.
  • Great tool for designing new product and ideas from concept through production.
  • Great marketing tool to allow digital images and animations to be used across the web, manuals, advertising, and support done in house.
  • Supports different methods of modeling to really suit the needs of the specific industry that you work in.
  • With so many newer users, possibly a guide towards better drafting standards for creating your designs. Some times it's so easy to make a part itself, but if you are not thinking of the end game WHILE making the part, you can kick yourself in the end for taking short cuts in the beginning.
  • I know that they have tried to make each release of SOLIDWORKS more and more user-friendly, but I've noticed sometimes it actually make is more difficult. For example, when selecting a line by default it would select the line while you were over it, now if it is a shorter line and you are near the center, it will tend to grab the centermark over the line. If I wanted the center mark more often I would turn on filters for this.
This is fantastic for manufacturing and product design. Like I said, you can go from an idea or concept that someone suggest to not only a full product, but also a full product line or series of parts or assemblies. It works well to see if your concept will even work before ordering costly parts to test. It is also easy to 3D print or use stereo-lithography to hold and really feel you product quickly before mass production or testing. It can really help sell your product too, with rendering capabilities and animation capabilities. Sell it to a board or backers, sell it to your customer. You can also use this for designing things for the manufacturing/testing process itself such as brackets or fixtures. Or you can send you 3D model through your CAM system for an easier set up. I would not recommend this though for things like shop for layouts. I think it can be a waste of time modeling all the small tedious items in a shop with very little gain from it. 2D is more suited for quick floor layouts.
December 21, 2018

Review: "SOLIDWORKS is an invaluable 3D design tool"

SOLIDWORKS is used for most of our engineering and designing needs. Having the ability to model and view our equipment in 3D is invaluable. To be able to see interactions with other equipment or to catch interferences visually provides that value. You can also save out to 2D to share layouts and designs with customers.
  • The interface is very user friendly and simple. Very minimal clicks are necessary to perform each task.
  • We primarily use weldments and sheetmetal features. They are extremely helpful designing within these realms.
  • Going from 3D to 2D prints is a breeze with SOLIDWORKS. Creating views and dimensioning is intuitive and simple.
  • SOLIDWORKS is great at listening to its users and doing its best to implement enhancement requests.
  • The feature tree is so useful. Being able to rollback and quickly modify your design is incredible. It also helps to capture design intent.
  • I wish that they would take a year off from all the new enhancements and just focus on fixing stability issues and other bug issues submitted. Although the software has been more and more stable as the years go by.
  • All software has its quarks. SOLIDWORKS is not free from that but can't really complain for what it provides.
The great thing about SOLIDWORKS is that it fits well with any size of corporation. It's an extremely powerful and diverse tool for design and engineering.
December 18, 2018

User Review: "SOLIDWORKS - A Solid CAD Package"

SOLIDWORKS is used exclusively by the engineering group in my organization, and we use it in a variety of ways. During product conceptualization phase, we use it to generate models to use for feasibility assessments whether digitally or through 3-D printing for physical assessments. Once designs are finalized, we also use SOLIDWORKS to generate our final specifications and engineering drawings. We also use SOLIDWORKS' file management software as a respository for all of our models and drawings and use it in conjunction with our document control system to control revisions and track document history.
  • SOLIDWORKS has a very graphically oriented user interface, which makes it generally intuitive to use - at least for a tool with very complex functions
  • Capability-wise, SOLIDWORKS has been able to handle everything that we have required from it. While our organization does not require extroardinarily complex assemblies or models, there are some intricate and sophisticated features in our parts that we are about to design using SOLIDWORKS.
  • There is a very large user base, which makes it easy to find help for specific items or issues. Even when the official SOLIDWORKS help doesn't provide enough information for a specific application, there are generally plenty of users that may have had the same issue or are willing to help from just a quick Google search.
  • There are certain quirks that we run into with SOLIDWORKS such as graphical glitches, and despite contacting SOLIDWORKS technical support, we have been unable to find a solution. These are by no means major issues, but they force us to use workarounds that make our workflow less efficient. For example, under certain circumstances, we have had graphical views on our engineering drawings spontaneously disappear. The data is there, but they can no longer be seen and do not show up when printed. The only way to fix this is to remove the view and re-insert them, which takes extra time.
  • SOLIDWORKS recently forced an upgrade to their file management system. They are no longer supporting the old software and are forcing an upgrade to a new software. While this is not completely unexpected, I felt that this transition was poorly executed from the supplier's end. There was insufficient communication about the details of how to transition, the options available, and the cost impacts. My concern is that this would occur in the future as well.
  • When I run into problems or issues, I often find that other users are the best source of finding solutions. While the vast user base makes this possible, it would be really great if SOLIDWORKS had a better help system and could be the first and "go-to" source of assistance.
SOLIDWORKS is a great CAD package for generating a solid model of a concept or a design and ultimately translating that to production specifications for manufacturing. In this aspect, it is extremely versatile and capable to produce all sorts of geometries, features, and assemblies. While I have not used a lot of different software packages, it seems that SOLIDWORKS could be vastly improved in terms of document management and going beyond the actual designing. Due to the lack of capability, the inefficiency, and the clumsiness of the package, we have refrained from using SOLIDWORKS for things like BOMs, document control, and other functions beyond the actual designing of the parts and generation of drawings.
February 11, 2019

SOLIDWORKS Review: "First Class Design Software"

Up until 2007, I used SOLIDWORKS to design industrial equipment in the glass industry. We used it throughout the engineering group (about 10 designers). I used it for R&D including simulation work (FEA and Motion). I currently own a suite of SOLIDWORKS for my personal business (APECS LLC). I use it for small design projects. I currently use Autodesk Inventor in my full-time position with a company in the water treatment industry.
  • For starters, it is easy to learn compared to other solid modeling software platforms. SolidWorks has great learning tools and an easy to follow interface.
  • The Weldment design environment is very robust and flexible.
  • Working with model configurations is much easier to manage than other software platforms.
  • FeatureWorks makes easy work of importing CAD geometry from other modeling packages. It recognizes the features and provides a feature-based model, unlike other programs that simply allow you to import block geometry without access to the model base features.
  • More flexible options for renting or leasing the software.
  • Provide small firms with older versions of the software with credits toward software upgrades. The current system penalizes those who have chosen not to upgrade over time. Many small firms can't afford to do so as often.
SOLIDWORKS is well suited for general design environments. It may be limited in situations where more advanced modeling is required, such as complex surfacing modeling. I do not engage in that type of design work so I can't speak for its limitations.
February 01, 2019

Review: "Opinion on SOLIDWORKS for product design"

I'm gonna refer mainly to my previous job since now I only use SolidWorks for personal matters. I worked in a product design company so we used SolidWorks as a tool in the projects. It was the main resource to develop the product, from the first stages of creation through to the final product.
  • It has the precision required for manufacturing that is necessary so that you can guarantee that the product can be produced in the end.
  • SolidWorks makes it possible to visualize how the product is going to look in the end.
  • It is intuitive, so you don't waste time looking for resources or tools in the program.
  • It gives feedbacks about errors in the parts so that you can review and correct them.
  • The rendering function "Photoview" could be improved in terms of realism.
  • The metal sheet resources are not so intuitive and could be improved. I often get stuck in some errors that I can't figure out the solution or the cause.
It is more appropriate to model parts, products, and make assemblies (even the more complex ones). I do not recommend using it to model constructions or bigger spaces.
January 25, 2019

Review: "Solidworks is a program that can provide solutions for companies, allowing engineers to make products with ease."

SOLIDWORKS was a product we used within our division. The rest of the company used CREO. The program was used for new design and support of redesign. Parts, assemblies and drawings were made using SOLIDWORKS. In addition, SOLIDWORKS was used for FEA.
  • SOLIDWORKS is a very intuitive program. The commands are very easy to understand and follow.
  • It is easy to make drawings; views can be immediately populated in the manufacturing drawing.
  • There are functions that help create basic features for common designs. Advanced features are relatively simple to create as well.
  • Sometimes the program had bugs. It’s not clear that those bugs were systemic or were related to the individual seat.
  • There are sometimes issues when making big assemblies; the program has to be optimized to show all parts.
  • The FEA part of the program can be slow, and designs need to be optimized to run correctly.
It’s a great program for smaller companies and for newer users. The licenses are less expensive than other programs. Newer users will find it easy to learn the program. The program is better for smaller assemblies than for larger assemblies.
November 14, 2018

Review: "SolidWorks is a Solid and Trustworthy Turnkey CAD software"

We design and engineer using the software for consumer products and packaging (vac forms etc).
  • File Organization
  • Hot Key Programming
  • Rendering through Visualizer
  • The user interface can look very busy sometimes compared to Inventor
  • There are annual updates and sometimes the redesign of the interface is difficult to get used to
  • Very expensive and you have to be on a subscription
I can't begin to explain the amount of clarity this software brings to my company. Everything is modeling to scale with detailed production drawings and I use the same file to produce stunning renderings and animations.

SOLIDWORKS Scorecard Summary