November 27, 2018
Director in EngineeringLaw Practice Company, 51-200 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Dynatrace
We used Dynatrace as our main monitoring software solution for several web applications - varying from Laravel to WordPress - mostly in the PHP environment.
- We loved Dynatrace's ability to show the data flow - from the front end points through the back end points straight to the database and various API's. It was advanced in its data visualization. This is useful for debugging - showing when/where the errors are. It can even enable non-technical individuals in the corporation to help debug
- Dynatrace has some great highly customizable integration options as well as monitoring. You can configure your layout & integration options to create custom monitoring alerts for your applications performance. Further you can increase the extensibility of using a REST API on your architecture.
- Some advanced dev-ops systems are utilizing Kubernetes/docker aswell as Node.JS - Dynatrace was able to log and help understand all of our dev-ops needs. It gave us native alerts based off of deviations from the baseline that we set during initial configuration. These metrics are priceless.
- Dynatrace is expensive. They have a pay-as-you-go option for startups and small companies - but monitoring more than one application can easily have you metered at three figures a month.
- Dynatrace's learning curve could be considered steep if you want to truly create an extensible & customizable monitoring environment for your web-apps.
- We had a great positive ROI with Dynatrace in being able to prevent some fiascos before they would occur - saving us money during potential downtime.
Dynatrace provides real time insight into your web applications, your dev-ops/infrastructure & can give you a live view of how your end users are experiencing and interacting with your website. It does every single one of these things exceedingly well. It can help minimize any errors before they occur - preventing data loss at scale & minimizing downtime during production. You can eliminate problems before they cause severe damage due to their extensive alerting system.