User Review: "EmpCenter: a new timekeeping hub"https://www.trustradius.com/workforce-management-wfmEmpCenterUnspecified751012014-01-28T20:02:34.435Z
Overall Satisfaction with EmpCenter
Corporate implemented EmpCenter in order to make timekeeping smoother for payroll processing. The software has been rolled out incrementally throughout the company. EmpCenter is a more user friendly software allowing employees the ability to record their own time as needed. This means workers who are called in on a weekend may better ensure their time is entered rather than relying on payroll personnel. In addition, payroll administrators are better able to track employee hours and ensure that when an employee is missing a clock in/ out, for example, that the error is corrected and the employee is paid accurately.
- As stated EmpCenter is more user friendly making time entry smoother and sometimes faster.
- EmpCenter allows managers to track their employees time and address any issues they may see - for example patterns of tardiness.
- Employees are more empowered with the software because they can now take ownership of their time.
- One feature I would like to see on EmpCenter is a vacation calendar that monitors all vacation requests for all employees within a group.
- EmpCenter is not wholly compatible with other softwares and there are occasions when time data does not properly translate.
- Moreover, I would like EmpCenter to automatically provide timekeepers with delegations from managers. This way if a manger does not want to grant the timekeeper authority it is easier to rescind, rather than tracking down all managers to grant timekeeping privileges.
- Employees can now better track their hours and ensure they are paid accurately by payroll.
- Timekeeping is faster and smoother for most administrators.
- The system does need to be slightly more compatible in translating its data from the home software to another software.
EmpCenter is a new software to the company however, I only trained on the old software for a few months before EmpCenter was introduced. I think EmpCenter has a smoother data entry process and can run more in depth reports, but since this is the system I know best I cannot accurately compare it to previous software.
I believe the system is well suited to office workers. EmpCenter is not particularly helpful in remote locations with poor internet and phone services. If better remote location access is available it could also work well for those who frequently travel outside a main office building.