Overall Satisfaction with ETAP PS
I worked in the energy efficiency management department. In it, they used ETAP PS software to carry out analyzes and studies of different sectors within the company. This allowed them to propose different solutions in order to improve productivity and use of electrical energy within the installation.
For most of the situations, the program allowed carrying out load studies in different electrical networks of the company, which helped determine the condition of the electrical conductors, power transformers and other electrical equipment. With these data it was possible to verify which sectors of the system were not being electrically efficient.
- Excellent facility for the design of electrical systems, since it has multiple options and configuration.
- Truly intuitive, it is easy to adapt to the user interface, so the learning curve is very fast.
- It offers a wide variety of electrical studies that can be carried out, therefore it is very versatile for multiple applications.
- Perhaps the interface is somewhat confusing the first time you use the program.
- It offers a wide configuration, which can be overwhelming.
- Sometimes the program can freeze depending on the size of the electrical grid that is being simulated. This also depends on the software requirements.
- Improves the reliability of the electrical system.
- Study of the system operations, allowing a better adjustment of the facilities that are in production.
- Provides results that allow you to select solutions for energy saving.
Simulink allows to analyze and simulate different variables with respect to time in an electric power system, but it is more focused on visual programming On the other hand, ETAP is better designed for static simulation of power systems, offering options and studies in a very more direct and easier to execute.
Sometimes when the program crashes for a random reason, it is difficult to find a direct solution to the problem. I think better documentation is needed for this type of case. Still, more and more people are sharing their work on the web, making it easier to orient yourself when these issues occur.
ETAP PS is really easy to use. When recreating the power system to be simulated, it is easy to obtain a result close to reality due to the multiple components offered in the interface. As for the electrical studies available, they are simple to execute and require really little configuration to make them work, always offering a wide variety of options to adjust the program to the simulation of the desired condition.
Do you think ETAP PS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ETAP PS's feature set?
Did ETAP PS live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of ETAP PS go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy ETAP PS again?
ETAP is highly recommended for evaluating static conditions in electrical power systems, whether in high or medium complexity networks. For example, study of load flow, analysis of frequency harmonics.
On the other hand, I would not recommend ETAP for the simulation of highly complex control systems that require a dynamic analysis of the variables.